Blogging from the Ruby Princess

PescadoAmarillo

4 hours ago, private92656 said:

I sure wish Princess would have kept their more stringent covid policy on those >7 days cruises.

more stringent policies should be in place regardless of the length of the cruise. The mix of single cruisers plus B2B cruises, plus flyers who picked it up the day before embarkation, means that there will always be some level of COVID on the ship. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Hard to say. Perhaps because once they’ve tested positive and survived quarantine, they don’t have to worry about quarantine again in the near future. The better question might be why new guests want to take the risk. 

so, you and 'G' are good to go for the next, what 90 days or so ?  that in itself must be a good feeling

" The better question might be why new guests want to take the risk. "  awww risk, the longer you stay on the longer you run the gauntlet.  Especially with the new influx of passengers and  passengers coming and going at ports of call.

On 4/10/2022 at 12:52 AM, Pamster said:

This thread is quite depressing to me. I had thought that the cruise lines would protect their passengers because the last thing they would want is another severe outbreak like at the start of the pandemic because they might never recover from that. Now it seems like they are willing to make whatever money they can make now regardless of the risk. To see the number of cases rising and then doing nothing, not even reimplementing the masking, and doing away with between cruise testing, tells me otherwise. I don’t see it’s cruising again anytime soon, if ever. Vaccines do not prevent you from getting sick or from Long COVID. 

They don't test passengers half way through on a 14 day cruise, so why test on a 7 day b2b

• Like 1

20 hours ago, boom op said:

Why are B2B cruisers that test positive not getting off if things are so bad?

We are on a b2b2b2b. 34 days total. I tested positive and lost a few sea days, and I will lose some of the 5 day cruise. I will still be aboard for the two 7 day journeys. My husband joined me on day 15, and he will miss the 5 day cruise. So, we were already here, and in reality, we booked the 15 and two 7 day cruises, only adding the 5 day because we were already going to be on the ship. When this happened we looked at and weighed all options. If this 5 day we are on was the end, we would have gone home yesterday. We will be given FCC for the days missed. I had some issues as others, but not to the extent others did.. I always had food and phone. Towels were a bit tougher 😉 Last night we had food from the Crown Grill. When I call room service the gal asks if I want my favorite drink, lol. I am in regular communication with 4 crew members (not guest services) who check on us daily. I think deciding to stay or not just depends on individual circumstances. As far as Princess goes, it is down to $. If I left yesterday, they would be refunding more than just one 5 day cruise, and we will now be less of a concern than others, because we shouldn't need to worry much about getting reinfected too soon, if at all. And of course I will take all precautions. This ti.e my guard will not be down, even once, which put me here  in the first place.

Edited by kstaffen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, kstaffen said:

We are on a b2b2b2b. 34 days total. I tested positive and lost a few sea days, and I will lose some of the 5 day cruise. I will still be aboard for the two 7 day journeys. My husband joined me on day 15, and he will miss the 5 day cruise. So, we were already here, and in reality, we booked the 15 and two 7 day cruises, only adding the 5 day because we were already going to be on the ship. When this happened we looked at and weighed all options. If this 5 day we are on was the end, we would have gone home yesterday. We will be given FCC for the days missed. I had some issues as others, but not to the extent others did.. I always had food and phone. Towels were a bit tougher 😉 Last night we had food from the Crown Grill. When I call room service the gal asks if I want my favorite drink, lol. I am in regular communication with 4 crew members (not guest services) who check on us daily. I think deciding to stay or not just depends on individual circumstances. As far as Princess goes, it is down to $. If I left yesterday, they would be refunding more than just one 5 day cruise, and we will now be less of a concern than others, because we shouldn't need to worry much about getting reinfected too soon, if at all. And of course I will take all precautions. This ti.e my guard will not be down, even once, which put me here  in the first place.

I'm glad your experience has been better than those of several others. Clearly, Princess is capable of taking good care of their passengers in isolation. It begs the question: why do they choose not to take care of all of them in these situations? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Yesterday’s COVID test came back negative, but I’m positive for pneumonia. Let’s be careful out there. 

UGH…..so sorry to hear this news! I hope your DH is home now to take care of you. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Yesterday’s COVID test came back negative, but I’m positive for pneumonia. Let’s be careful out there. 

Sorry to hear this.  Get well soon.  I hope that you will be home soon.

• Like 2

@PescadoAmarilloI am so sorry to hear that you tested positive for pneumonia.  I was very susceptible to pneumonia in my early life and know how terrible it can be.  Please take care and I hope that you recover fully and rapidly.

Your relating your and your husband's experiences was the deciding factor along with my son's advice that made me decide to cancel my solo cruise on the Majestic Princess for this coming Saturday.  I am very grateful for your willingness to share your experiences.  I have thus far managed to avoid getting covid and am hoping that I continue.  Probably not possible but I plan on doing everything in my power to stay as healthy as possible.  That includes waiting until this current variant has subsided before considering a future cruise.

Was/am I sad that I am not going, yes.  But I read that the passenger count for this upcoming April 16th cruise is to be over 3000 and that is a pretty full ship.  I am going to be working for a month for our Registrar of Voters for the Primary Election and if I had gone and contracted covid, I would have been unable to keep all of that commitment.  So the negatives of taking that cruise were too great for me.

Again, thank you for your honesty of your experience.  Get well soon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So very sorry about everything you and G have gone through.  I'm thinking that I need to add the pneumonia to the list of things I need to do before I go travelling.  I sincerely hope you bet this back soonest!

• Like 1

@PescadoAmarillooh gosh, so sorry to hear that you have pneumonia.  As someone who has had it way to many times, I feel your pain and hope your recovery is quick.  I guess it's good to hear you never caught covid.  Take care and I hope G is home spoiling you rotten!

• Like 2

I just got off the Ruby Princess yesterday. It is an understatement to say disembarkation was awful. People needing assistance getting off the ship sat in the Vines area and it was freezing cold. This desert rat didn’t even have a sweater (my fault)…my time was scheduled for 10:00….I got off the ship about 12:15. It took almost 45 minutes to locate my luggage and get to my bus. So grateful it had waited and that I had a late flight. I traveled with 4 friends who all tested positive for Covid….one in the hospital now. I am negative.

Pulling out onto Embarcadero was deja vu all over again. I will try to post a few shots that I took out of the bus window. We were in the “old” terminal because the Majestic was in the new one. You can’t get much perspective from the photo of how long the line was. It looked liked it was all the way down to Fisherman’s Wharf.

I have already cancelled my future Princess cruises. 

BE0CAC84-62FE-4FCC-BEB4-9DDF19EEC6BD.jpeg

ECE8CFF7-3F4C-4D54-A703-5918DCD7A3E2.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5