Testing Positive for Covid onboard Silhouette transatlantic

jetblue

5 hours ago, littlemisshoney said:

Wondering about this too. We are in the next cruise from Southampton in a balcony cabin on deck 6, wonder if they will move us? They do keep sending me the Move Up email which I havent done,  figure if they want my room they can move me at their cost not mine. Next cruise is mych busier than TA so they may have some thinking to do. We will be masking up. Hope you are out of iso asap. 

Why would they move you?

Deck six is for new boarding crew who joined in Fort Lauderdale, they have to isolate for 10 days. That is three days prior to your cruise. 

I hope that passengers joining your cruise behave as Jetblue and report as soon as possible, bearing in mind you can be infectious 3 days before symptoms appear.

Edited by Redrobo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, sgmn said:

So if we test positive on departure in say Italy ( test one day before) does that mean we lose all the cruise money and have to claim through travel insurance ?

Also get no assistance with what to do next 😕 

Yes, you would need to turn to your travel insurance. Make sure that they cover Covid/pandemic in your policy. Some do not. 

• Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, sgmn said:

So if we test positive on departure in say Italy ( test one day before) does that mean we lose all the cruise money and have to claim through travel insurance ?

It appears so. The Cruise with Confidence program that allows cancellation 48 hours prior to embarkation is in effect until September, but the timeline is too short for a test one day before.

I expect an agent of the cruise line would be available to advise you about the next step if you find yourself having to cancel under those circumstances, but the financial support would no longer apply.

Be prepared to pay and file for reimbursement from your travel insurance. Buy a policy with generous travel delay benefits.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Even with today's policy I'm not sure what assistance you would get for quarantine or return travel,  although you would be entitled to a refund of the cruise fare.   I believe as long as they have a testing requirement for boarding they will need to extend the ability to cancel without penalty for a positive test within 10 days.

Edit:  To clarify a post above, CwC applies if you had booked your sailing prior to 3/31/2022 and your sailing is prior to 9/30/2022.   If you are booking a sailing now for this summer there is no CwC protection to be able to cancel up to 48 hr prior to sailing at your discretion.  

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Babr said:

It appears so. The Cruise with Confidence program that allows cancellation 48 hours prior to embarkation is in effect until September, but the timeline is too short for a test one day before.

I expect an agent of the cruise line would be available to advise you about the next step if you find yourself having to cancel under those circumstances, but the financial support would no longer apply.

Be prepared to pay and file for reimbursement from your travel insurance. Buy a policy with generous travel delay benefits.

Even with the “two day” testing pre cruise you would not be able to use CWC if you tested positive prior to the cruise. For example, using Celebrity’s information below our Saturday cruise would need to be canceled by the Wednesday prior to the cruise. Even with a two day testing you can only test Thursday or Friday for a Saturday sailing. We now have a one day pre cruise testing requirement. We’re debating using our CWC for our upcoming Edge cruise in May. Luckily we have that to fall back on. 

CA101CFB-CB33-4C69-8E9D-82A8B6B3A8CC.png

11 hours ago, bandp407 said:

WOW - jetblue wish you the soonest recovery!  So sorry this has happened to you. Thank you for taking us along on your unforseen  journey.  Not happy to hear you are on deck 3!! Celebrity generally does a great job - but deck 3 - HMMMM !

A question  - does the ship have the antiviral medication to treat COVID??? 

Be well soon!

While there are reports of improved supply of Pavloxid, it seems to be used primarily for people at high risk. That may change; but there are drug interactions and side effects concerning the liver and kidneys requiring more of your medical history and more monitoring by a doctor, which may explain why it is not offered on cruise ships.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jetblue said:

Day 2 update, seems my symptoms have gotten a bit worse. 102 degree fever this morning. Doctor dropped off some ibuprofen to help with that and explained it will get worse before it gets better. Breakfast from luminae included a yogurt parfait and a blueberry smoothie, trying to load up on antioxidants. Also, received a little cake to remind me I turn year older today.

PXL_20220414_145717782.jpg

I’m sure not the birthday celebration you had planned 🙁 Hope your symptoms subside soon and you test negative when the 5 days is up! AND hope your husband continues to test negative!! Thank you for sharing your experience. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NBliving said:

I’m sure not the birthday celebration you had planned 🙁 Hope your symptoms subside soon and you test negative when the 5 days is up! AND hope your husband continues to test negative!! Thank you for sharing your experience. 

Thanks so much, husband tested negative again today. Fingers crossed he stays that way.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Babr said:

Thank you, 😊  so does anyone remember in the good ol days pre covid if a passenger answered positive to one of the pre cruise health questions and was refused travel because of this, did they not get any reimbursement of cruise fare?

I'm pretty sure my annual travel insurance policy covers me adequately but will double check.

• Thanks 1

@jetblue are you not having more fun chatting with your new found CC friends as opposed being above deck with everyone else??? LOL

Where else can you get such attention and support and be socially distancing??? 😅

In health and bon voyage!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

So sorry that this is happening to the 2 of you.  Happy Birthday!  In my book, if conditions are not optimal on your birthday then you get a "do-over'.  That means you pick any day from now until your next birthday to celebrate in true fashion.  

• Like 13

1 minute ago, peanut head said:

So sorry that this is happening to the 2 of you.  Happy Birthday!  In my book, if conditions are not optimal on your birthday then you get a "do-over'.  That means you pick any day from now until your next birthday to celebrate in true fashion.  

Sound logic, I’ll allow it. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, jetblue said:

Day 2 update, seems my symptoms have gotten a bit worse. 102 degree fever this morning. Doctor dropped off some ibuprofen to help with that and explained it will get worse before it gets better. Breakfast from luminae included a yogurt parfait and a blueberry smoothie, trying to load up on antioxidants. Also, received a little cake to remind me I turn year older today.

PXL_20220414_145717782.jpg

Aw, what a way to spend your birthday. Want you to feel better!

I never had a fever and felt a little better every day. Fatigue was and still is a problem. (The fatigue started a couple days before my cold symptoms. Hmmm.)

The little table outside my door was like a magical portal. Tap, tap, tap on the door, I’d grab my mask to answer and would always find something good to break up the boredom. No human contact, they apparently knocked and ran.

Hope your belated birthday present is two negative covid tests. Even just a day or two back in your own cabin would sure beat being in the hoosegow. Good luck!

• Like 5

Hello JetBlue… Happy Birthday. So nice to hear that you are staying positive and making the best of the situation.  You took responsibility and did the right thing.  We are all learning from you. We like many others have international cruises coming up and it is definitely a big concern.  Like you two did we will wear masks onboard.  
My husband caught Covid the end of Jan apx 3 months after his Moderna Booster. I did not. Luckily very minor symptoms.  The closest we can figure out where is sitting next to someone on a seven hr flight. We’re trying to figure out timing for second booster before cruises planned in June and July. 

Are you able to order whatever you want to off the menus and does it get delivered at a certain time or whatever time you want. Are you able to get drinks from the bar if you feel up to it. 
Did the two of you get a second booster in before this cruise.  Thank you for answering all our questions. 
Mauimary

Edited by mauimary

happy birthday, not how you had hoped to celebrate.   (for what its worth - that's how I spent my birthday too - except holed up in my own bedroom, which I'm sure was better than being on a cruise ship away from how you intended).

Hope you start feeling better!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

Hope you get to feeling better.  So sorry to hear that you have an oceanview cabin, as I quarantined in a balcony cabin on the Constellation in Jan.  My husband also stayed in our original cabin until he got sick 4 days later and joined me.  We have been fully reimbursed for the total of 9 days we were in isolation.  We are still waiting for the refund of our expenses for 3 additional days of quarantine in Tampa before he was released to fly home - it is "in process".  Take care.

Are they going to reimburse you for your hotel in Tampa.  I'm curious how that works...we're doing a Med cruise next month.  Do you know what the limits are and what section the expenses are covered under?

9 minutes ago, jsant said:

Are they going to reimburse you for your hotel in Tampa.  I'm curious how that works...we're doing a Med cruise next month.  Do you know what the limits are and what section the expenses are covered under?

We were given the information in a letter - it was up to 250.00/day for hotel and $100/day for his food (I technically was not covered since I had already completed my required quarantine.).  We submitted all the receipts through the engagement center since that part of the process was not in the letter.  That was 2/11 and we are still waiting for that money.  I have no idea how this will be handled in Europe.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, jsant said:

Doesn’t COVID assistance plan end April 30? 

In that case, you’d have to look to your own travel insurance. It will be covered under travel delay. The benefits vary depending on the policy with a daily limit and a total expenditure cap, for example $125 a day with a $1,000 total regardless of the number of days you are delayed.

Edited by Babr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Babr said:

While there are reports of improved supply of Pavloxid, it seems to be used primarily for people at high risk. That may change; but there are drug interactions and side effects concerning the liver and kidneys requiring more of your medical history and more monitoring by a doctor, which may explain why it is not offered on cruise ships.

Thanks for the Pavloxid info. I was not aware. Hopefully there will be something more readily available in the near future that we can bring with us - just in case & particularly on the longer cruises like this one. JetBlue’s experience is an eye opener!

• Like 1