I'm a Flight Attendant....and I booked an emotional support cruise.

They extended the mask mandate another 2 weeks...that means at least 4 more weeks of getting cussed out at work multiple times a day. I booked myself an emotional support cruise listening to beach music sobbing 🙃😭🚢

Bright side....Adventure OTS in 62 days and now Grandeur OTS in 354, after Grandeur I will level up to Emerald status (yay). I am also almost 2 months sober fabulous!! 

Keep on swimming right? ❤️🐠❤️

• Like 50
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, mandyleighflies said:

They extended the mask mandate another 2 weeks...that means at least 4 more weeks of getting cussed out at work multiple times a day. I booked myself an emotional support cruise listening to beach music sobbing 🙃😭🚢

Bright side....Adventure OTS in 62 days and now Grandeur OTS in 354, after Grandeur I will level up to Emerald status (yay). I am also almost 2 months sober fabulous!! 

Congrats on your Sobriety!!  That in itself is enough to celebrate.  As far as the mandate I feel your pain.  I work in a federal building and 10-12 hours a day in that mask is a killer.  Keep on swimming!!  You got this girl.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mandyleighflies said:

Self-care is the best medicine.

• Like 1

I understand. I am a nurse and healthcare workers still have to wear a mask and enforce this to all that enter our hospital. We do not have any Covid patients in our hospital! Everyone needs an escape from this. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, mandyleighflies said:

They extended the mask mandate another 2 weeks...that means at least 4 more weeks of getting cussed out at work multiple times a day.

Thank you so much for what you do! Here's hoping that masks aren't needed much longer.

As noted earlier, you guys don't get nearly enough appreciation. Especially during bad COVID, it would be hard to stay courteous to passengers demanding the 'freedom' to unmask and risk spewing toxic particles on you and everyone else.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by Shorewalk Holmes
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, mandyleighflies said:

Congratulations on your sobriety!    And thank you for all your hard worker and dealing with rude and obnoxious people isn't easy, You Definitely Deserve a Cruise!

Keep on swimming🤩

• Like 2

3 hours ago, soremekun said:

Question for the OP, do flight attendants accepts tips?

Companie policy not allowed to  carry cash and receive living wage , receiving tips can get them dismissed . Cannot accept anything home made . Captain and co pilots Cannot even order the same meal. Try store bought chocolates with coffee gift cards. 😇

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Companie policy not allowed to  carry cash and receive living wage , receiving tips can get them dismissed . Cannot accept anything home made . Captain and co pilots Cannot even order the same meal. Try store bought chocolates with coffee gift cards. 😇

I put a small package of Extra gum, a $5 Starbucks giftcard and a note that says "Being a flight attendant is EXTRA hard, so this is a little something to let you know you're EXTRA special!" It is always well received. 🙂

• Like 8

5 hours ago, mandyleighflies said:

A hearty congratulations on your 2 months. I know it is tough but you are tougher.

Jim

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about the extension of the mask mandate.  I fly in a week and was hoping to see it gone.

Congratulations on the other things.

Our flight next week is to Barbados to join Grandeur on her repositioning to Galveston.  WOOHOO!!!

• Like 1

❤️❤️❤️

Oh my gosh!! Thank you everyone for the love and support!! 😊 It's been a rough couple of years but luckily cruising is back so I do have my happy place back again. 

We are on Adventure the 14th of June, my kids have never been to Canada and we live in the DC area so we can take Amtrak up to NJ the morning of the cruise. Two big items off the bucket list with Amtrak and Canada. This is their first post-panini cruise so they are so so excited (13 and 15). 

FA's cannot accept tips at my airline but honestly at this point, even smiling back (even under mask lol) and being humanly polite is appreciated. I am hoping that soon we will have more humanity return to the friendly skies. 

Sober Fabulous has been lovely, I am looking forward to all the mocktail options onboard and plan on not only posting about them here, but also starting some kind of traveling sober blog/vlog for anyone who may be trying to stop or just sometimes want a day between bevvies while on vacation. 

Cruiser's are the best humans, thanks again everyone for allowing me to vent. ❤️🐠❤️

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, SRF said:

Sorry to hear about the extension of the mask mandate.  I fly in a week and was hoping to see it gone.

Congratulations on the other things.

Our flight next week is to Barbados to join Grandeur on her repositioning to Galveston.  WOOHOO!!!

LOL If you're going to BGI via MIA on the morning of 23rd I might just be your lead FA. ❤️😄

• Like 1