How Long . . . . .

ldubs

How long can we stay onboard on disembarkation day?   Or, asked another way, what time is the last assigned group to disembark?   We will be disembarking Carnival Miracle on May 31st in San Francisco.   Because we will be taking a car service home, we figure we will have a leisurely disembark day.  And or course, we need to let them know when to pick us up.   

I'm pretty sure the cabins have to be vacated by 9 am.   Not sure when they will kick us off the ship. Haha.  

37 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Be considerate of the crew that has to clean every venue fast and thorough before the next guests come on board. If you want to stay extra long, book a B2B. 😀

Not asking to overstay.  Asking what the last disembark group might be.   I sure like the idea of a B2B!

Edited by ldubs

34 minutes ago, TeresaJ said:

We had to be out of our cabins by 8:30am on Conquest a few weeks ago. I don't remember it being that early before.

That seems early.  We have been on enough cruises I should know this.  I've just never really paid attention I guess. Or more likely, just did what I was told when I was told.  😄

We were just on the Miracle and breakfast on the Lido was served until 9:30.  You do need to be out of the cabin by 8:30.  I remember that being pretty universal across the fleet.  You can probably stay until 10 the latest which by then you will hear all zones are cleared for departure.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeresaJ said:

We had to be out of our cabins by 8:30am on Conquest a few weeks ago. I don't remember it being that early before.

As one who normally sleeps till 9:30 I remember having to be not only up but out by 8:30 most times. Of course that is not the time they let you off the ship, just the time to be out of your room.

• Thanks 1

I just got off the Pride last Sunday and we had to be out of our cabins by 7:15 AM, the earliest I have ever experienced.  The latest I think anyone can count on being aboard is 9:30, and you’re encouraged to leave much sooner than that.

• Thanks 1

Thank you everyone.  This was very helpful and appreciated.   Even though we would be considered "express debark" we will plan on leaving along with the one of the later disembark groups.   

Edited by ldubs

We did self disembarkation and carried off our luggage on Monday in Seattle. We had to be out of our rooms by 8:30. Since we were carrying our luggage off, we were to meet at 7:15. We showed up at 7:00 and was off the ship by 7:30 and sitting in our hotel room by 8:00. Thank you Courtyard by Marriott for allowing a super early check in.  I know they let us starting getting on board at 10:30 when we arrived so I assume they would want everyone off no later than 10:00.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ldubs said:

That seems early.  We have been on enough cruises I should know this.  I've just never really paid attention I guess. Or more likely, just did what I was told when I was told.  😄

was 8:30am on the Horizon a couple of weeks ago too.

• Like 1

On Monday on the Splendor some announcements said be out of the room by 8 and some said 8:30. Once a block of rooms was clear they closed the door.  We’d selected the last group, 22.  The “final call” announcement to please leave came shortly after 9:30.

• Thanks 1

Had to be out of cabin by 8:30 on the Horizon last week.  We checked our luggage the night before and just had to deal with our backpacks/totes.  Had breakfast in MDR and by that time our zone had been called and we were able to get through the line fairly quickly.  One thing that was different than I remember for those who did self assist was that they were called by muster station instead of by deck.  After that, we were called by luggage tag group number.

• Thanks 1

We did B2B2B in February.  On one of the turnarounds as we were relaxing in the B2B staging area, we heard the CD announce a handful of stragglers by name in a fairly stern voice.  Then two seconds later his standard upbeat 'Cheerio!' catch phrase.  I was casually chatting with a ship's officer at that moment.  We both had a pretty good laugh. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ldubs said:

How long can we stay onboard on disembarkation day?Because we will be taking a car service home,  we need to let them know when to pick us up.   

We always leisurely disembark as well. Last call is (typically) around 10am or so. Simply plan your car service pick up for 10:30.

Have a terrific sailing!

🙂

• Thanks 1

Every cruise I've ever been on they asked you to be out of your cabin by 8:30. Last month we were in the Lido eating breakfast about 6:45 and they started calling numbers to get off if you were taking your luggage with you! We finished breakfast, went to the cabin and got our luggage and were off the ship by 7:20, no line at all in front of us, an all-time record for us. The ship did get in early, so that helped. Being Platinum we were supposed to be in one of the dining rooms by 7 if we had our luggage, then they would lead us off the ship which would usually be around 8. Bypassed that.

I've seen on here where people say they get out of their cabin by 8:30, take their luggage with them and go to the Lido to have breakfast and drink coffee until all numbers have been called, then get off the ship. I don't know why we don't do that as we drive home so most of the time we're in no hurry to get off the ship.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nlktx49 said:

I've seen on here where people say they get out of their cabin by 8:30, take their luggage with them and go to the Lido to have breakfast and drink coffee until all numbers have been called, then get off the ship. I don't know why we don't do that as we drive home so most of the time we're in no hurry to get off the ship.

We do this every time we cruise but we do check our bags the night before so we are not having to lug them around in the morning.  We drive to port so are in no rush to get off, and then we don't have to deal with the longer lines of people trying to get off earlier.  Our experience has been that between 9:30 and 10:00am is the last call to get off.

Edited by 492030
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ldubs said:

How long can we stay onboard on disembarkation day?   Or, asked another way, what time is the last assigned group to disembark?   We will be disembarking Carnival Miracle on May 31st in San Francisco.   Because we will be taking a car service home, we figure we will have a leisurely disembark day.  And or course, we need to let them know when to pick us up.   

I'm pretty sure the cabins have to be vacated by 9 am.   Not sure when they will kick us off the ship. Haha.  

Its always been out of cabins by 8:30am. 9:30am is the usual time you must depart the ship. If I remember the tags go up to around 30, maybe 32. We are platinum, and get a low tag. You do not have to depart the ship when your luggage tag is called. The last cruise in March we decided  that morning to let the rush die down and sit  around talking to people and did not depart until around 10am. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, skrufy said:

Its always been out of cabins by 8:30am. 9:30am is the usual time you must depart the ship. If I remember the tags go up to around 30, maybe 32. We are platinum, and get a low tag. You do not have to depart the ship when your luggage tag is called. The last cruise in March we decided  that morning to let the rush die down and sit  around talking to people and did not depart until around 10am. 

Thanks.  And our bags will be easier to spot too if we wait past our groups tag is called.   👍