Pre board covid test

hunt182644

Was checking on our Sept. Alaska cruise from Seattle, when I went to my account a new page came up. It now appears that even if fully vaccinated they are now requiring a covid test before boarding. More hoops will this madness ever end, excuse my rant just to early and have not had my coffee yet.

1 minute ago, hunt182644 said:

Was checking on our Sept. Alaska cruise from Seattle, when I went to my account a new page came up. It now appears that even if fully vaccinated they are now requiring a covid test before boarding. More hoops will this madness ever end, excuse my rant just to early and have not had my coffee yet.

Not sure what you mean, since cruising has started back up it was required to be vaccinated AND have a negative covid test

• Like 7

Not new info.  Pre board tests are required by every cruiseline and have been since they started cruising again.  Only thing that differs is whether a PCR or antigen and how many days prior to embarkation.

• Like 4

If you take the time to read my post. I stated that I just had this come up on my account page it was not there two days ago. Just letting people know it might be wise to look at your upcoming cruises. Yes I am quite aware of what is required just saying this is a new prompt added to cruise info.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hunt182644 said:

You say madness and I say prevention.....prefer prevention....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hunt182644 said:

If you take the time to read my post. I stated that I just had this come up on my account page it was not there two days ago. Just letting people know it might be wise to look at your upcoming cruises. Yes I am quite aware of what is required just saying this is a new prompt added to cruise info.

Did read it and you state "more hoops"  geesh

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, hunt182644 said:

I'm just hoping that the pre cruise testing will be ending soon. Since passengers and crew are required to be fully vaccinated and Covid is on the decline and waning now, pre cruise testing is a moot point. We have an Alaska cruise scheduled in August and sailed this past January on the Regal. The added stress and anxiety prior to our January cruise due to pre cruise testing was not enjoyable. But we did have a blast on the cruise!   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hunt182644 said:

This happens all the time. Also permanently on top of Princess website is the link to health protocols etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MrBreeze said:

I'm just hoping that the pre cruise testing will be ending soon. Since passengers and crew are required to be fully vaccinated and Covid is on the decline and waning now, pre cruise testing is a moot point. We have an Alaska cruise scheduled in August and sailed this past January on the Regal. The added stress and anxiety prior to our January cruise due to pre cruise testing was not enjoyable. But we did have a blast on the cruise!   

I had a wonderful cruise recently on the Discovery. Certainly liked the fact that all embarking had to prove they tested negative for Covid before boarding.

only heard of one passenger sent to quarantine on ship on Day 2 of cruise.  Many wore masks when close to others.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MrBreeze said:

There are still 5-10 % of passengers allowed with exemptions from vaccination. So don’t assume everyone is vaccinated. Testing keeps us all as safe as possible 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

For the last time I am aware of regulations, my original post should have made that quite clear. The one thing that was different was that when I went to my account page the new posting about vaccines and required testing. Granted I have no problem with being cautious, as I  stated I had not had my morning coffee as of yet and that was the main purpose of my post. Early morning it just struck me wrong, just like people who read something and don't bother to understand. That is about all I have to say on the matter, happy safe sailing

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, hunt182644 said:

This sentence makes it seem like you were not aware of the testing requirements until you read the new page. The new page is probably a reminder of the testing and vaccination requirements for cruising. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, highloyo said:

This sentence makes it seem like you were not aware of the testing requirements until you read the new page. The new page is probably a reminder of the testing and vaccination requirements for cruising. 

Looked at mine yesterday and Princess also added the ArriveCAN app requirement to that notice for our cruises to Alaska.  Filled it out multiple times but a good reminder for non Canadian cruisers and those who perhaps haven’t travelled outside Canada for awhile.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, highloyo said:

In addition to getting the pop up reminder we got a phone call detailing all the requirements and use of app one week prior to boarding!

Edited by dog

The only critique that I have with "testing" is that such testing should be done either by Princess, or by a group of medical professionals hired by princess at the day of boarding.  At least we would have truly uniform results. 

Currently one can be tested either 2 day, or 3 days, or is it hours, before boarding, depending on in which country   Testing can be done either by yourself (if proctored over a computer) or by some type of testing agency.  Testing can be either an antigen or a Molecular test such as NAAT, or PCR.  All three types of test have different levels of accuracy.

Yes it would be complicated, and yes, individuals might be turned away at the last moment, but as Sigourney Weaver said in the movie, "Aliens"  "It is the only way to be sure.

7 hours ago, dog said:

This happens all the time. Also permanently on top of Princess website is the link to health protocols etc.

4 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Nope. Been there since restart.

7 hours ago, dog said:

To OP- you asked for input.

You are welcome.

just skip over / block the posters you don’t want to hear from. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stevenr597 said:

The only critique that I have with "testing" is that such testing should be done either by Princess, or by a group of medical professionals hired by princess at the day of boarding.  At least we would have truly uniform results. 

Currently one can be tested either 2 day, or 3 days, or is it hours, before boarding, depending on in which country   Testing can be done either by yourself (if proctored over a computer) or by some type of testing agency.  Testing can be either an antigen or a Molecular test such as NAAT, or PCR.  All three types of test have different levels of accuracy.

Yes it would be complicated, and yes, individuals might be turned away at the last moment, but as Sigourney Weaver said in the movie, "Aliens"  "It is the only way to be sure.

Hawaii Safe Travels app did just this...You had to be tested by a "trusted provider". That raised stress to all flying passengers AND came with a hefty test fee

There is no foolproof way of preventing covid from coming on to the ship.  It could happen between the days you test and board.  It could happen after the first port.  It could happen....

9 hours ago, MrBreeze said:

I personally know of 2 couples doing their pre-cruise Covid testing this past week that tested positive with no idea that they were affected.  I’m sure the people who would have been cruising on the same ship are happy they found out before they got onboard!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hunt182644 said:

For the last time I am aware of regulations, my original post should have made that quite clear. The one thing that was different was that when I went to my account page the new posting about vaccines and required testing. Granted I have no problem with being cautious, as I  stated I had not had my morning coffee as of yet and that was the main purpose of my post. Early morning it just struck me wrong, just like people who read something and don't bother to understand. That is about all I have to say on the matter, happy safe sailing

We had a similar announcement pop up on our canada cruise   I also thought it was about additional requirements but it was just a reminder of what I had already read   Princess probably just wants to make sure passengers are notified "officially"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2022 at 10:27 AM, MrBreeze said:

I'm just hoping that the pre cruise testing will be ending soon. Since passengers and crew are required to be fully vaccinated and Covid is on the decline and waning now, pre cruise testing is a moot point. 

You can still get Covid when fully vaccinated. I’m thankful Princess is requiring this. 

Testing is most definitely NOT a moot point. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1