What new itineraries would you like to see Azamara do in 2024?

takemewithyou

Would love an AZ ship in and out of San Diego..at least for a winter/spring season. MX and HI, Panama Canal transit, Pacific Coastal and then up to Alaska. Or a T/P to end in HI and/or Australia.  San Diego is a much easier port to fly into than LA and most people seem to prefer the opportunity to spend time in SD pre or post cruise. 

• Like 2

As with many others who have posted, we prefer longer cruises / back-to backs ( to backs...), if only to limit air travel.  For this reason, we do not like repeated 'COUNTRY intensives".   For example at one point we had an Alaska to Japan curise, followed by Japan to Hong Kong.   The second cruise was replaced by a Japan intensive ( and then another Japan intensive!).  We cancelled ( and then the whole thing was cancelled, if I recall, by COVID).   Another example.... repeated Med trips between Athens, Rome, Barcelona, etc. ( with slightly modified itineraries to be sure, but much overlap), while another ship does repeated Northern Europe trips, Great Britian, Norway, Baltic.  Why not have one ship make the "grand voyage" from Athens or where ever all the way to Northen Europe, while the other does the reverse itinerary?  People who are interested in a particular place can book accordingly; people who are interested in a longer, non repeative cruse can also be accommidated.

So, please come up with some itineraries that allow a 20 or 30 or 40 day cruise without multiple stops at the same port (s).

• Like 5

11 hours ago, DS said:

As with many others who have posted, we prefer longer cruises / back-to backs ( to backs...), if only to limit air travel.  For this reason, we do not like repeated 'COUNTRY intensives".   For example at one point we had an Alaska to Japan curise, followed by Japan to Hong Kong.   The second cruise was replaced by a Japan intensive ( and then another Japan intensive!).  We cancelled ( and then the whole thing was cancelled, if I recall, by COVID).   Another example.... repeated Med trips between Athens, Rome, Barcelona, etc. ( with slightly modified itineraries to be sure, but much overlap), while another ship does repeated Northern Europe trips, Great Britian, Norway, Baltic.  Why not have one ship make the "grand voyage" from Athens or where ever all the way to Northen Europe, while the other does the reverse itinerary?  People who are interested in a particular place can book accordingly; people who are interested in a longer, non repeative cruse can also be accommidated.

So, please come up with some itineraries that allow a 20 or 30 or 40 day cruise without multiple stops at the same port (s).

What you said!

I would love all the cruise lines with smaller ships doing the Greek Islands not just the same old ones Santorini, Mykonos Crete etc….  More of Croatia, and Turkey once again not the same old places they always visit.

• Like 2

Totally agree! There are SO MANY beautiful Greek islands they could visit. It seems Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, Rhodes etc are always included on any Greece itinerary. Some of the lesser known islands would make a lovely change. On our recent Journey cruise it was too windy to call at Mykonos so we were diverted to Syros instead - what a lovely surprise that was! 

• Like 3

Agree with the suggestions for South Pacific and the Madagascar, Seychelles, Reunion etc, 

trip perhaps starting or ending in Durban or Cape Town. I also like the idea of an extended Alaska

cruise taking in The Aleutian Islands. Spitsbergen please along with Alesund and The

Lofoten Islands. Final thought, Chile (Santiago/San Antonio) to Buenos Aires which would include 

The Falklands (and maybe Antarctica).

• Like 2

On 5/26/2022 at 6:34 AM, mara01 said:

I’d love a Hawaiian Island Intensive from Papeete, to see more islands and avoid the several sea days involved when sailing from LA. 

LA to Honolulu, 2221 nautical miles.

Papeete to Honolulu, 2373 nautical miles.

• Like 2

Our 2 booked cruises on AZ went down the drain…. Thanks to Covid😤 Both longer cruises. 16+24 days.
We prefer longer cruises 15-20days+ 

I wish for a cruise as said from several others:

-Madagascar, Seyschellne, Reunion, Mauritius, Sri Lanka

-Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines  

and

-the Azores , Canary Islands and Cabo Verde islands during winter season in Europe october-March 

• Thanks 1

On 5/23/2022 at 9:16 PM, Xcelsior said:

Seychelles/Madagascar/Reunion Islands

In March 2020 we were on a cruise out of Cape Town that after a couple of stops in South Africa, was scheduled to stop in Madagascar, Reunion, Mauritius, Sri Lanka, India and end in Dubai. We did the South Africa ports, Madagascar wouldn't let us dock, we made Reunion (hiked) and Mauritius (snorkeled). Sri Lanka let the ship dock so that it could take on fuel and provisions. They wouldn't let anyone, even the ship's crew, get off the ship. The supplies were put on board by Sri Lanka workers. We couldn't end the cruise in Dubai because the port was completely full of cruise ships. We ended up docking in Muscat, Oman and flying to Dubai.

We were supposed to do a back-2-back around the Persian Gulf.

A lot of disappointed passengers, and a big mess getting home for some folks, but generous FCC for the cruise and a refund for the second cruise. I'd like to see Azamara do both of those itineraries again.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 6:07 PM, montythecat said:

Agree with the suggestions for South Pacific and the Madagascar, Seychelles, Reunion etc, 

trip perhaps starting or ending in Durban or Cape Town. I also like the idea of an extended Alaska

cruise taking in The Aleutian Islands. Spitsbergen please along with Alesund and The

Lofoten Islands. Final thought, Chile (Santiago/San Antonio) to Buenos Aires which would include 

The Falklands (and maybe Antarctica).

AZ has trips out of Cape Town. There's at least 1 in 2023 and we're taking one in 2024. They go up the west coast of Africa, which is quite unusual. I wanted the one in 2024 because it stops at St. Helena and Ascension islands. My dad spent WWII on Ascension island. He was a watch maker and he was in the Army Air Corps maintaining the airplane instruments. The planes flew over the Atlantic looking for German boats and subs. I never thought I'd have a chance to go there, so I'm very excited.

49 minutes ago, CynthiaP said:

In March 2020 we were on a cruise out of Cape Town that after a couple of stops in South Africa, was scheduled to stop in Madagascar, Reunion, Mauritius, Sri Lanka, India and end in Dubai. We did the South Africa ports, Madagascar wouldn't let us dock, we made Reunion (hiked) and Mauritius (snorkeled). Sri Lanka let the ship dock so that it could take on fuel and provisions. They wouldn't let anyone, even the ship's crew, get off the ship. The supplies were put on board by Sri Lanka workers. We couldn't end the cruise in Dubai because the port was completely full of cruise ships. We ended up docking in Muscat, Oman and flying to Dubai.

We were supposed to do a back-2-back around the Persian Gulf.

A lot of disappointed passengers, and a big mess getting home for some folks, but generous FCC for the cruise and a refund for the second cruise. I'd like to see Azamara do both of those itineraries again.

We were on that cruise and were booked to stay on for the next one. Some of those ports wi be covered on the Worls Cruise in 2024. Segments can be booked separately.

East coast of Africa southbound after visits to Maldives and Seychelles but do it in the southern hemisphere winter/spring so we could do safaris in the high season instead of the low/hot/wet season.

Edited by audobon_tx
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, audobon_tx said:

East coast of Africa southbound after visits to Maldives and Seychelles but do it in the southern hemisphere winter/spring so we could do safaris in the high season instead of the low/hot/wet season.

Sounds very ungrateful, but having been to both the Seychelles and Maldives on Azamara I have no wish to return to either. Now that Kuda Bandos in the Maldives is (another) private resort one is faced with docking in Mali which is far from picturesque. I was shocked at how little respect the Seychelles people have for their islands.  The attitude and friendliness of the place I found to be poor.  Very pretty place, but took ages to get to and the seas are rough with big swells being so far from land. 

Phil 

• Like 3