Prepare to mock me, for I have a very stupid question!

We are sailing on Grandeur in September. The DBP and Voom Surf and Stream are not bundled for this cruise, so I am booking separately. Here is where my brain has run off to get itself bedazzled or whatever it's doing. For Voom, I click on both of our names. Easy peasy, right? Then it pops up asking for how many devices. Do I click on 1 because it's one device each, or do I click 2 for two total devices?

If anyone else has a stupid question, feel free to ask in this thread. Then I won't be alone! 🤣

• Like 1

Not a stupid question at all.  It took me a few cruises to even realize that one device meant one device at a time.  I can go between my laptop and cellphone easily-just can't do both at the same time.  I love that!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BLiles1961 said:

The DBP and Voom Surf and Stream are not bundled for this cruise, so I am booking separately

It may be too early for them to start putting bundled deals together yet for a September cruise, so if you are going to book those today (BTW, the 1 person /2 device option is cheaper than 2 separate purchases), I would check back periodically to see whether they start offering any deals. If they do, you can always cancel your current orders and purchase the bundle.

23 minutes ago, BLiles1961 said:

Do I click on 1 because it's one device each, or do I click 2 for two total devices?

If you can share, get just get a one device package - Surf might be enough for most uses.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If you can share, get just get a one device package - Surf might be enough for most uses.

This is what I'd do, share and buy for 1 device. Take turns online unless you both need constant wifi. I'm not sure surf and stream even helps. .. I had surf and steam and it barely worked. .. or didnt. At times

I've only seen it bundled with the soft drink pkg, nothing else. 

Not what you asked but im assuming you know grandeur wifi is so so at best. Very slow or goes completely offline a lot. This is the oldest ship. 

Edited by firefly333

Wow, I was so prepared to mock! 😜

As others have said, do 2 devices for one person.  It's usually cheaper that way even if they do offer the DBP + Voom package.  But...keep checking prices!  They can change with sales, and sometimes the DBP + Voom may be slightly less than buying DBP and Voom x 2 separately.  

25 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Stupid Question #2:  Does airplane mode work on cruise ships...?

Only on cruise lines that also operate airlines.  So maybe Virgin?  😜

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, rudeney said:

Wow, I was so prepared to mock! 😜

It was a good legit question. Now, if some find out they bought the beverage package it could still happen. 😉😂

Edited by A&L_Ont

3 hours ago, BLiles1961 said:

We are sailing on Grandeur in September. The DBP and Voom Surf and Stream are not bundled for this cruise, so I am booking separately. Here is where my brain has run off to get itself bedazzled or whatever it's doing. For Voom, I click on both of our names. Easy peasy, right? Then it pops up asking for how many devices. Do I click on 1 because it's one device each, or do I click 2 for two total devices?

If anyone else has a stupid question, feel free to ask in this thread. Then I won't be alone! 🤣

I always book separate. If you get Royal upgrade bid to a suite with included internet it’s easy to deal with. 

22 hours ago, BLiles1961 said:

It's a great question because it directly answers just how poorly RCL's technical writers provide information.

• Like 1

It is actually not a stupid question.  I've heard people have booked wrong and paid way too much for wi-fi because of it.  They recently revamped that section because before, you would have to pick what plan you wanted (1-4) devices and then pick who wanted to buy it.  I"ve heard people get confused, purchased the two device plan, and then when it asked for who wants it, assumed it was users, clicked both, and in essence got charged 2, 2 device wi-fi plans and literally paid double to get what they were getting.

This new way is a little more clear, but not really.

21 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

I always book separate. If you get Royal upgrade bid to a suite with included internet it’s easy to deal with. 

Free internet only happens on Quantum and Oasis class ships.

Grandeur is most assuredly not in that category.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Free internet only happens on Quantum and Oasis class ships.

Grandeur is most assuredly not in that category.

When we were in a grand suit on Jewel we had free internet for the two of us a month ago.