RELIGIOUS EXEMPTION FOR COVID VAC

NIATPAC29

1 hour ago, NIATPAC29 said:

Does anyone out there know if Carnival is taking applications for religious exemptions to get the covid19 vac ? I have searched and cannot find a definative answer.Thanks

Nice try. If you’re unwilling to get vaccinated, please do not board a cruise ship (for all the obvious reasons).

• Like 32
  • Thanks 8

Cruising is a right, not a privilege. I am glad for the vax rules. If your not vaxxed no cruising. A teacher asked my daughter about going on a cruise now that his child finished preschool and starts Kindergarten next year. She told him what many on our first 2 cruises said: without the kids club open or kids activities, they will be at your hip the entire time. Since Disney is out of the price range by 3x, he is getting more info. The simple fact that many can't vacation on cruises because restrictions, means only those vaxxed should be allowed to go.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, NIATPAC29 said:

Does anyone out there know if Carnival is taking applications for religious exemptions to get the covid19 vac ? I have searched and cannot find a definative answer.Thanks

No they do not. 

• Like 3

At the start of the availability of the covid vaccines, there was scientific ignorance among some religious leaders who had no idea of how the vaccines were produced and spread the inaccurate claim that the vaccines were made using aborted fetal tissue and, therefore, were forbidden to the faithful.

There was an effort may to try and educate people on vaccine production and that particular religious hysteria was nipped in the bud. However, that belief may still exist among the ignorant.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Setting religious reasons aside, which we probably should do, my understanding is exemptions in general are pretty rare.  And, even if allowed by some institutions, do not have to be honored by a cruise line.  

• Like 2

Sorry OP, while I am with you on your choice to vax or not, sadly Carnival does not allow for religious exemptions. Only medical.

Carnival Cruise Line says as part of its FAQ section on the Have. Fun Be Safe protocols, “Unfortunately, all other vaccine exemptions previously granted for upcoming sailings cannot be fulfilled due to these new limitations. If you have already received an exemption approval for anyone in your party that does not meet the requirements of these two categories (under 12 or proven medical condition that prohibits vaccination), that exemption is no longer valid.”

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

Sorry OP, while I am with you on your choice to vax or not, sadly Carnival does not allow for religious exemptions. Only medical.

Carnival Cruise Line says as part of its FAQ section on the Have. Fun Be Safe protocols, “Unfortunately, all other vaccine exemptions previously granted for upcoming sailings cannot be fulfilled due to these new limitations. If you have already received an exemption approval for anyone in your party that does not meet the requirements of these two categories (under 12 or proven medical condition that prohibits vaccination), that exemption is no longer valid.”

For "U.S. Atlantic and Gulf home ports, " - which would not include California or Washington.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I think they have to consider them for sailings from California - not that they have to grant any.

They do grant some, I have seen reports on here of people being granted religious exemptions.