Request Royal to stop negative Covid test to board

If you are cruising in Europe soon please call Royal and request they drop the pre cruise negative test.  With the EU dropping the requirements for a pre-cruise negative Covid test result, Royal should drop it immediately.  Viking and Holland already are not requiring the test on some cruises, Norwegian is stopping as of August 1st.

Thanks

Dennis

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

First of all if you call you’ll be on hold forever and even if you do get to talk to someone most of the time the representatives don’t know what they’re talking about.

This.  Just not worth it.

• Like 1

I spoke with a supervisor, only waited 10 minutes.  I reasoned that since there is precedent with Viking, Holland and Norwegian that Royal should eliminate testing immediately.  He said he would pass the info up the ladder.  I thanked him. Don’t know if it will do any good but at least I feel better about trying.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Travelw said:

He said he would pass the info up the ladder.

You could cut out a few layers and email directly to CEO Bayley - mbayley@rccl.com

Biker, who is waiting for the usual reply to this.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 10
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Travelw said:

I spoke with a supervisor, only waited 10 minutes.  I reasoned that since there is precedent with Viking, Holland and Norwegian that Royal should eliminate testing immediately.  He said he would pass the info up the ladder.  I thanked him. Don’t know if it will do any good but at least I feel better about trying.

Thanks for trying!

Be careful what you wish for.

Those Covid tests are just another layer to help keep passengers and crew safe.  Even though passengers and crew are coming down with Covid, IMO doing away with the tests completely would make the transmission rate that much higher.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, Travelw said:

If you are cruising in Europe soon please call Royal and request they drop the pre cruise negative test.  With the EU dropping the requirements for a pre-cruise negative Covid test result, Royal should drop it immediately.  Viking and Holland already are not requiring the test on some cruises, Norwegian is stopping as of August 1st.

Thanks

Dennis

Though we are not cruising Europe, we are leaving from FL.  They still have the rule here too., I was told at the end of July or first of August they will have an updated policy. 🤞🏻

24 minutes ago, woneill63 said:

These "covid tests" are less than worthless, it just makes everybody feel good.  You can test Friday, come back neg, get covid Saturday, and then board a cruise ship Sunday.  Then you get full blown covid Tuesday or Wednesday while on board.

To me, it is just a show and makes paying customers jump through more hoops.  Most of the people I sail with don't even bother to get a test done, they just have someone make up a neg test and show the print out.  With no national data base and current HIPPA statutes, almost a no brainer.

Are you kidding me false tests, no wonder this is never going away .  I will never understand why people do things like this.

I actually got home a month ago and tested positive for covid, lucky it was just a mild case.

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You could cut out a few layers and email directly to CEO Bayley - mbayley@rccl.com

You do realize that the outward facing email addresses for the execs are routed to an off shore call center where call center personnel use canned, pre-approved responses to questions and complaints. Mr. Bayley would never look at the thousands of emails sent to that email address daily. 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, woneill63 said:

These "covid tests" are less than worthless, it just makes everybody feel good. 

Nope. Much more than feel good. The testing prevents people with active covid from boarding. Based on the number of denied boarding every week, the testing is doing it's job by keeping active covid off the ships.

Yes, raw data from the CDC show that there is still a steady stream of covid positive passengers and crew members each week on every ship. By stopping the known covid positive people, it is that much less onboard. 

At the end of the day, the cruise line doesn't care if passengers get covid during the cruise and end up locked up. Very little impact, if any, on bottom line revenue.  They do care about the crew. Unlike the sniffles, a crew member that tests positive is out of commission for a week or more. So, keeping covid off the ship and away from the crew is a priority. 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, woneill63 said:

These "covid tests" are less than worthless, it just makes everybody feel good.  You can test Friday, come back neg, get covid Saturday, and then board a cruise ship Sunday.  Then you get full blown covid Tuesday or Wednesday while on board.

To me, it is just a show and makes paying customers jump through more hoops.  Most of the people I sail with don't even bother to get a test done, they just have someone make up a neg test and show the print out.  With no national data base and current HIPPA statutes, almost a no brainer.

And that’s why I’d prefer they bring back testing at port immediately before you board.  

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Bleueyes44 said:

Are you kidding me false tests, no wonder this is never going away .  I will never understand why people do things like this.

I actually got home a month ago and tested positive for covid, lucky it was just a mild case.

They do it because they feel entitled and believe the rules don't apply to them. They probably also have a fake vaccination record. 🙄

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

You do realize that the outward facing email addresses for the execs are routed to an off shore call center where call center personnel use canned, pre-approved responses to questions and complaints. Mr. Bayley would never look at the thousands of emails sent to that email address daily. 

And again you are repeating some false info. Btw, everyone knows or should know that the email goes to staff that can help or try to and not directly to Bayley.

These "covid tests" are less than worthless, it just makes everybody feel good.  You can test Friday, come back neg, get covid Saturday, and then board a cruise ship Sunday.  Then you get full blown covid Tuesday or Wednesday while on board....

This is true, but THINK about it. Someone tests positive and therefore can't get on the ship. That prevents more covid from spreading. It's a no brainer!

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 11

So they don't check the QR codes on the test result printout or on the I Phone? A QR code which would be near impossible to fake wouldn't it.

29 minutes ago, little britain said:

And that’s why I’d prefer they bring back testing at port immediately before you board.  

Yes and such testing can't be faked nor bribed to get a negative result. The test would be as accurate as your going to get. And also no refund should be given, you got ill tough turkey.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

So they don't check the QR codes on the test result printout or on the I Phone? A QR code which would be near impossible to fake wouldn't it.

Actually I could have had someone else take my last covid test at walgrens. I made the appointment on their site, just my name and address and email. When I got there they asked me my birthday and never asked for ID. No insurance. Anyone knowing my birthday could have taken the test. Results were emailed and off I went. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Actually I could have had someone else take my last covid test at walgrens. I made the appointment on their site, just my name and address and email. When I got there they asked me my birthday and never asked for ID. No insurance. Anyone knowing my birthday could have taken the test. Results were emailed and off I went. 

But you can't change what is on the email can you? Not unless you sit at a computer and try and copy the printout on microsoft word.

2 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

But you can't change what is on the email can you? Not unless you sit at a computer and try and copy the printout on microsoft word.

The email had my name and birthday and whatever yes but anyone could have given my birthday at the window. They asked thru the drive in window what time was my appointment and I said 10 am and then they came back and asked for my birthday and sent the swab thru the bank window type thing for me to swab my nose and send it back.  

I cou,d have sent anyone and the test be emailed back to me in my name. No security whatsoever. No wonder they quit doing tests to travel for free. They dont know what I look like so without showing a I'd how would they know if it was me or not taking the test. 

• Like 1