NCL ships completely running out of types of alcohol

JGmf

On my March Breakaway cruise, they ran out of Amoretta and Pina Colada mix!  That meant no "Godfathers"!  The liquor store had plenty of Amoretta.  We just passed the hat and bought our own bottle and had it delivered to the bar.  But how can you run out of Pina Colada mix?  That's a cruise staple!

Elvis

29 minutes ago, jmh87 said:

Just off the Joy. The no Vodka didn't bother me too much, but there was another interesting development. My rum and Pepsi's switched to rum and Coke the last 2 days.

Somehow, I doubt the last sentence of this post........

8 minutes ago, Sea saw 56 said:

Somehow, I doubt the last sentence of this post........

Unless my eyesight has gotten much worse, it was Coke cans i was seeing. I asked a bartender in the Garden Cafe and he said they only use Pepsi products as a coke can was 2 feet from him. Another bartender heard my conversation and said they are switching to Coke in the next month.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jmh87 said:

Unless my eyesight has gotten much worse, it was Coke cans i was seeing. I asked a bartender in the Garden Cafe and he said they only use Pepsi products as a coke can was 2 feet from him. Another bartender heard my conversation and said they are switching to Coke in the next month.

All the Diet Coke lovers are getting interested now😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/7/2022 at 11:36 AM, CTCruiser001 said:

To be fair...The provision managers are doing their best. It isn't always them dropping the ball...Their suppliers, also have their own suppliers, and so on and on. A brand of bourbon for instance might have supply issues because the cork supplier didn't get enough corks made, or the bottles, labels, bourbon itself, etc...

Don't make the provisions managers job harder by trying to give them assistance. I guarantee you they already know the bottlenecks and where the causes of the shortages are coming from. 

DW works in the wine industry. Big bottle shortage right now.

Just off the Bliss. Arrived July 2. Went to Local for lunch. Ordered Coors Light. Said ran out last cruise. Stella Artois on menus. Out of stock. On order in Seattle. Ordered Coors Light in afternoon. Had a warm one. Out of stock 2 days later for Coors and Stella. Ran out of Johnny Walker last day. They need a new beverage manager.

Forgot to mention, I ordered a Stinger. No white creme de menthe. Tried an alternate lager Brok which they had plenty of. One review said " Aroma: a skunky aroma of sweet malts with a touch of hops."  That was a kind analyses. Worst beer I've ever had.

cruised on 6/26 to Bermuda out of liquor and mixes. For those who says its free its not you pay included in price. On top of that picture waiters not going above deck 16 you have a drink order for 8 and they are out of what you want someone has to run back unless you have unlimited wifi for phones even though we have phones we keep them in room we are on vacation. For those that blame it on logistics supp;ies etc. NCL and all cruise lines but a lot of liquor you know they will be reimburse they need to pass it off. To me its false advertising. How would you feel if they ran out of 50% of the food and blamed it on supplies logistics etc... I get it can happen but how they handle it will be the test. Everyone should get a refund.I have sailed with them several times platinium member this was the worst experience ever from running out to service. We went to Bermuda. I have sailed with several of the competition and have spoke highly of NCL but depending on this is handled it will be celebrity next time

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elvis1209 said:

The liquor store had plenty of Amoretta.  We just passed the hat and bought our own bottle and had it delivered to the bar.

The liquor store had plenty of Amoretta.  We just passed the hat and bought our own bottle and had it delivered to the bar.  But how can you run out of Pina Colada mix?  That's a cruise staple!

Elvis

The liquor store had plenty of Amoretta.  We just passed the hat and bought our own bottle and had it delivered to the bar.  

That's creative thinking. Can you purchase a bottle in the onboard liquor store and take it to your cabin? 

4 hours ago, jmh87 said:

I definitely don't believe this...but if somehow it's true, that's the best freaking news ever and it better happen before my August 20something cruise!

9 hours ago, jmh87 said:

Just off the Joy. The no Vodka didn't bother me too much, but there was another interesting development. My rum and Pepsi's switched to rum and Coke the last 2 days.

8 hours ago, jmh87 said:

Will be thrilled if they have Coke instead of Pepsi on my cruise, but I'll "suffer" with the Pepsi if they have all of the other beverages in stock that I drink

6 hours ago, Z0nker said:

DW works in the wine industry. Big bottle shortage right now.

Same thing with beer bottles last summer.  Bars in NY were serving cans and metal bottles

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I definitely don't believe this...but if somehow it's true, that's the best freaking news ever and it better happen before my August 20something cruise!

My friends who were on Joy last week saw pallets of Coke products being loaded on board at their first stop in Virginia. NCL has had an exclusive contract with Pepsi for years and I believe this was a temporary fix.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

My friends who were on Joy last week saw pallets of Coke products being loaded on board at their first stop in Virginia. NCL has had an exclusive contract with Pepsi for years and I believe this was a temporary fix.

Well count me extremely, extremely excited if NCL does the right thing and throws that exclusive contract (and product) into the trash where it belongs...but I think your guess that having some Coke as a temporary fix is likely correct.

• Like 1

I got off the phone about my "bamboozled" problem/questions:

Although yes, the booking statement breaks out the $20/per-person, per-day charge for the beverage package, the way it actually works is not so simple.  In order to drop the beverage package, we have to re-fare the cabin, so in effect it is all one big, comprehensive charge for one single bundle.   We already knew that to be the case for the Haven (when beverages are a perk), but it turns out to be the case for this MA cabin as well (one category below Haven).

It's all marketing, sure, trying to get all they dollars from you they can get, but this one doesn't cross the line by any means (unless they indeed are selling alcohol which they know to be out of stock).  They're allowed to offer bundle deals.

1 hour ago, tetleytea said:

I got off the phone about my "bamboozled" problem/questions:

Although yes, the booking statement breaks out the $20/per-person, per-day charge for the beverage package, the way it actually works is not so simple.  In order to drop the beverage package, we have to re-fare the cabin, so in effect it is all one big, comprehensive charge for one single bundle.   We already knew that to be the case for the Haven (when beverages are a perk), but it turns out to be the case for this MA cabin as well (one category below Haven).

It's all marketing, sure, trying to get all they dollars from you they can get, but this one doesn't cross the line by any means (unless they indeed are selling alcohol which they know to be out of stock).  They're allowed to offer bundle deals.

I would call back and speak to someone else or use the chat feature.  I have removed the beverage package before and never had to re-fare my cruise. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

I hope so- I sail Norwegian because I need Mountain Dew. You can buy Coca-Cola in most (all?) ports but you can't find Mountain Dew. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prov2727 said:

I hope so- I sail Norwegian because I need Mountain Dew. You can buy Coca-Cola in most (all?) ports but you can't find Mountain Dew. 

You can't find Mountain Dew in a lot of ports because it's banned in many countries for health reasons. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rob-Bob said:

Do they sell buckets of beer at a discount at anytime?  I believe they used to and if they still do are they unopened (refrigerate and drink later).

I don't know about the buckets but when ordering a bottle of beer for later I just politely ask the bartender to leave the cap on.  It's never been an issue.