Are YOU the wedding crashers?

Our niece got married on Freedom of the Seas on June 17th. The event was held in the Star Lounge. Photos came back this week and a family of wedding crashers were caught on “film”. Parents with KIDS. Really? You crash a wedding, add to the bar bill, eat the newlyweds’ food? I mean, what are you teaching your kids? So rude. We have the evidence. 👮‍♀️

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

Just how big was the wedding onboard, that you didn’t notice extra people until the photos came back?

Hmm…100 people spread out through the room? A lot of us didn’t know each other, and people came from all over the country so only the wedding party knew everyone.  Just thought it was so funny that a family would crash a wedding on a cruise ship. Such a random thing.

”We could go up on deck and hit the pool?” “Nah, lets take the kids and crash a wedding.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Well don't be bashful.  Share the evidence.  

If I look good in the phots maybe, I'll order some.

They’re GREAT cruise pics. That’ll be $200, but it comes with this collectible cardboard frame! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tonopah said:

Our niece got married on Freedom of the Seas on June 17th. The event was held in the Star Lounge. Photos came back this week and a family of wedding crashers were caught on “film”. Parents with KIDS. Really? You crash a wedding, add to the bar bill, eat the newlyweds’ food? I mean, what are you teaching your kids? So rude. We have the evidence. 👮‍♀️

Post a pic. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

Post a pic. 

Nah. They all have the kids in them. I guess I could blur their faces, but really it’s just a tongue-in-cheek poke at the audacious couple.  You gotta have some chutzpah to crash a wedding on a cruise ship with your kids.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If you were still on board   guest services could have helped ID the family. 

I sure hope it was an honest mistake. 

As an event organizer  for my company social club, you always have to be on the lookout for crashers.

Times have changed  ( entitlement))

2 hours ago, Tonopah said:

Hmm…100 people spread out through the room? A lot of us didn’t know each other, and people came from all over the country so only the wedding party knew everyone.  Just thought it was so funny that a family would crash a wedding on a cruise ship. Such a random thing.

”We could go up on deck and hit the pool?” “Nah, lets take the kids and crash a wedding.”

The wedding party never noticed? Even in a room of 100, 4 strangers (parents and kids) are pretty hard to miss.  Even stranger for them to stick around unnoticed to be fed, eat cake and get caught on camera.  

I give the Crasher Family credit … that takes skill. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Given the stupidity I have personally witnessed, I think it’s entirely possible they didn’t realize they were at a private event.  There are some mighty self-absorbed people in this world. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tonopah said:

Because like so many today, they believe in "it's better to apologize than ask permission".  It's infiltrated everything.  They think it's not a big deal, it's only 4 people yada, yada, yada.  It's hardly the only thing people have done to get something for "free" but it's so wrong on so many levels.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Given the stupidity I have personally witnessed, I think it’s entirely possible they didn’t realize they were at a private event.  There are some mighty self-absorbed people in this world. 

The lounge isn't in a "walk through area".  It's at the very front of the ship.   There is always a sign saying "private event".  They knew.

• Like 2