Top 5 Things to do when booked in a suite?

What kind of suite?  If it’s a JS, you don’t get a lot of benefits except for a bathtub, a little more space, and, on most ships, a walk in closet.  Other suites come with other benefits.

Edited by sellwingri
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kdnurs said:

Coastal Kitchen

One of the reasons we need to know what ship/class the OP is asking about.

EDIT: Going by his signature, I’m guessing Indy, which means no CK or internet.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kdnurs said:

True that....sorry🤗

Not your fault. I just edited my post.

Assuming I’m right, open bar happy hour in the SL would top my list.

Much greater appeal to me on Oasis-class.

• Like 2

Based on the OP's signature line, it appears that the suite is on Independence.  So no Coastal Kitchen or other Quantum/Oasis Suite Class-type perks.   Now to find out if it's a Jr. Suite, which really doesn't have suite perks like a Grand Suite and above would have. @FaeCruisers, let us know if it is on Indy and also if it's a grand suite or higher category.  That way we can help you.  As someone else said, if it's a Jr. Suite, there really isn't much other than you get a bathtub in your room and you do get to board in the suite line, if they have one, at embarkation.  Oh, and you get two C&A points per night instead of one.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

One of the reasons we need to know what ship/class the OP is asking about.

EDIT: Going by his signature, I’m guessing Indy, which means no CK or internet.

Grand Suite, Independence of the Seas

1) flash your card at in-opportune times

2) mention The suite life at least 50 times 

3) Why doesn’t everyone cruise this way

4) get hammered for free

5) don’t worry about things to do, enjoy the suite, try to determine what it is worth to you. 

• Haha 3

Here are some of my top five things to do when booked in a suite:

1. Suite lounge before dinner for drinks and hors d'oeuvres

2. One last drink in Suite Lounge to carry to dinner in MDR

3. Suite Lounge after dinner for drinks and desserts

4. One last drink in Suite Lounge to carry to the show

5. Arrive at ice show and have a seat available in the gold card section

6. Easily find a seat at the pool in the gold card reserved section

7. Enjoy the extra space in your suite

8. Receive double points to get to Diamond faster - and more free drinks

9. Enjoy the suite beach at Labadee

10. Fume about Pinnacles taking up seats in the Suite Lounge

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SG65CB said:

Here are some of my top five things to do when booked in a suite:

1. Suite lounge before dinner for drinks and hors d'oeuvres

2. One last drink in Suite Lounge to carry to dinner in MDR

3. Suite Lounge after dinner for drinks and desserts

4. One last drink in Suite Lounge to carry to the show

5. Arrive at ice show and have a seat available in the gold card section

6. Easily find a seat at the pool in the gold card reserved section

7. Enjoy the extra space in your suite

8. Receive double points to get to Diamond faster - and more free drinks

9. Enjoy the suite beach at Labadee

10. Fume about Pinnacles taking up seats in the Suite Lounge

Also splurging for a milestone in under 60 days - Crown Loft Suite on Oasis (Star Class). 

We're diamond - But, we can use the suite lounge happy hour without using our diamond drink vouchers?

What hours are the Suite lounges usually open for beverages in evening? I'm seeing conflicting reports because the interwebs is a little polluted with outdated info.

Anything else out of the ordinary we might want to not overlook? I love our loft location because it's just steps from the lounge and CK.

6 minutes ago, robmtx said:

We're diamond - But, we can use the suite lounge happy hour without using our diamond drink vouchers?

What hours are the Suite lounges usually open for beverages in evening? I'm seeing conflicting reports because the interwebs is a little polluted with outdated info.

I assume Oasis has similar rules to Harmony.  When we were on Harmony the lounge was open from 11-11.  Drinks were available at that time for no charge.  They may expand the menu at happy hour, I usually don't drink so it's not important to me.  If you are outside of the lounge, you can use your Diamon coupons.

Enjoy the cruise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I assume Oasis has similar rules to Harmony.  When we were on Harmony the lounge was open from 11-11.  Drinks were available at that time for no charge.  They may expand the menu at happy hour, I usually don't drink so it's not important to me.  If you are outside of the lounge, you can use your Diamon coupons.

Yes, from 11-11 you can get beer, wine, hard seltzer, soda, bottled water for free. Nightly open bar for 3 hour happy hour. All separate from your Diamond vouchers.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Also splurging for a milestone in under 60 days - Crown Loft Suite on Oasis (Star Class). 

Anything else out of the ordinary we might want to not overlook? I love our loft location because it's just steps from the lounge and CK.

Maybe you are in a Star Loft Suite ?  CLS are not Star Class.

Drinks in the SL are complimentary for suite guests so no need to use your Diamond vouchers in the SL.

If you are Star Class then you will be able to enjoy complimentary drinks anywhere on the ship ($$ limits apply) so you won’t need to worry about the SL hours for serving complimentary drinks. Most of the Oasis class ships are back to serving complimentary wine and beer from 11AM-11PM but you really won’t know for sure until your Genie reaches out to you about 30 days prior to sailing.

My favorite thing to do to exercise my suite benefits is to go into the Suite Lounge in my dripping-wet bathing suit for coffee and snacks, and of course to wear it into MDR on formal nights.  I paid for a quite - therefore I am entitled!  😜

Seriously, I have been known to slip into the SL for coffee after an early-morning swim.  But I do dry off thoroughly and my swim trunks look like nice shorts, and I always ask for permission from the concierge who says no problem since the lounge is empty that early in the morning.  

30 minutes ago, rudeney said:

My favorite thing to do to exercise my suite benefits is to go into the Suite Lounge in my dripping-wet bathing suit for coffee and snacks, and of course to wear it into MDR on formal nights.  I paid for a quite - therefore I am entitled!  😜

Seriously, I have been known to slip into the SL for coffee after an early-morning swim.  But I do dry off thoroughly and my swim trunks look like nice shorts, and I always ask for permission from the concierge who says no problem since the lounge is empty that early in the morning.  

Dang… was that you ? I am pretty sure that I have given you the evil eye  🤨😝 

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Maybe you are in a Star Loft Suite ?  CLS are not Star Class.

Drinks in the SL are complimentary for suite guests so no need to use your Diamond vouchers in the SL.

If you are Star Class then you will be able to enjoy complimentary drinks anywhere on the ship ($$ limits apply) so you won’t need to worry about the SL hours for serving complimentary drinks. Most of the Oasis class ships are back to serving complimentary wine and beer from 11AM-11PM but you really won’t know for sure until your Genie reaches out to you about 30 days prior to sailing.

Correction: Sky Class. 

• Like 1