*Is a Balcony a MUST for a Los Cabos Cruise?*

Dalton51

Pretty much is a balcony a must for a Cabo cruise?  We can get a interior room for a 1000 cheaper. We have never been to Cabo but have been on 15 plus cruise to the Caribbean. We was wanting to go somewhere different and was looking at going this Oct. 

Thanks for the help. 

Only you can decide whether you “have” to have a balcony.  I am booked on the Panorama in January in a 4J cabin (interior with walkway view) and will be very happy to be in that room.  A balcony is a plus but I wouldn’t pay an extra $1000 to have it.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dalton51 said:

Pretty much is a balcony a must for a Cabo cruise?  We can get a interior room for a 1000 cheaper. We have never been to Cabo but have been on 15 plus cruise to the Caribbean. We was wanting to go somewhere different and was looking at going this Oct. 

Thanks for the help. 

Need more info. 1. How long is the cruise, and how many people in the room? 

A “Must”?

Absolutely not.

If it’s in the budget, go for it. If it’s not in the budget, or even causes you to second guess yourself, go with an inside and never look back. 
just enjoy your time away

The cruise is 7 days long. Just the wife and I. 

I know its not necessary a must but we was just wondering if we should get one or not.  its literally a 1000.00 to the penny more.  The money isn't the big deal really. We have been in pretty much all of the rooms besides a suite. Just kinda wondering if we would miss any of the views or anything like that. 

Thanks 

17 minutes ago, Dalton51 said:

The cruise is 7 days long. Just the wife and I. 

I know its not necessary a must but we was just wondering if we should get one or not.  its literally a 1000.00 to the penny more.  The money isn't the big deal really. We have been in pretty much all of the rooms besides a suite. Just kinda wondering if we would miss any of the views or anything like that. 

Thanks 

Panorama has 1A Porthole cabins with a view and natural light in the room for an interior price. Cabins 2220 and 2221 have two twin beds that covert to a king and there's a couch with coffee table to boot! 

image (9) (2).png

2220 Panorama.jpg

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I need some sunlight in my stateroom, so insides are a big no no, don't care how much money they save me.

I agree with sanmarcosman above. Check out the porthole cabins designated as 1A if you want a window while still paying inside prices. Cheapest cabins on the ship. But be careful because they're all configured differently. Some have a single bed and a convertible sofa, and some have a single bed and an upper bunk. 

4J cabins are also sold as "inside" cabins but they have a large window overlooking an outdoor forward facing walkway. You'll also be a few doors down from a door leading to that walkway. It's the perfect poor man's balcony! 

• Like 1

No, a balcony is never a "must" in my opinion.   Sometimes we book rooms with balconies.  Sometimes we book interior rooms.  It all depends what is in the budget and what we are looking to get out of the cruise.  One thing I have noticed though is that when we don't have a balcony, we really get to know the ship a lot better and spend a lot more time people watching.  I'm also more likely to go find the sunrise instead of sleeping in on days I expect it not to be on our side of the ship.  So there can be really good things about booking an interior.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dalton51 said:

Just kinda wondering if we would miss any of the views or anything like that. 

We have done that itenerary multiple times, and in my opinion no. 

The only itineraries (of the ones I've done so far) where I would say a balcony is worth considering for $1000 more would be Hawaii, Alaska, and Panama Canal.

But I'm really not that picky about my cabin.  

• Like 1

Nope, great views on the various decks. The only caveat is if you expect to spend a lot of time in the cabin, then yes, it's worth it to have your own little VIP area with a view. Also nice if you have a cabin with more than two people, the extra room is nice. If you get the drink package and will be out mingling most of the time, I would skip it and save the coin. If you are a sun soaker and like to lounge out on the decks, skip it. Basically, it's value is highest if it will be utilized to chillax. If you are only going to spend 15 min a day, that 1K is $9.52 a min and not a good value. 

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

We have been on the Panorama 3 times, 2 with ocean view and the last one we got an upsell to a balcony . It was only a 150 dollar upgrade but still I don't think Id do it again. No way for 1000 more! The ocean view cabins on deck one at least have 2 bathrooms which is kind of nice. We just found we didn't go out on the balcony much

We did the Mexican Riviera cruise in January with a balcony. The port day at Cabo was awesome. Beautiful scenery, whales, dolphin. It was a great moment, and outstanding return to cruising for us. After that, we didn't really use it a ton. We paid $210 for the balcony upgrade. No chance I would pay $1000. There are free views all over the ship. $1000 is another cruise. Not worth a few steps here and there.

10 hours ago, pinto18 said:

The ocean view cabins on deck one at least have 2 bathrooms which is kind of nice. We just found we didn't go out on the balcony much

I have been in a lot of Oceanview cabins, and none of them had two bathrooms. Are you talking about a suite? 

17 hours ago, Dalton51 said:

Thanks for the help. 

Depends on if you are going during whale watching season?  Then if you are, is your stop off at Cabo the first port or the last?  If it's whale watching season and Cabo is your first port then you can sit out on your balcony as you near Cabo and literally watch whales breach just off the ship.  But your balcony must be on the port side too!

2 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I have been in a lot of Oceanview cabins, and none of them had two bathrooms. Are you talking about a suite? 

I also had the 2 bath OV on deck 1 on the Panorama (I believe it's called an OV Deluxe).

In any case I didn't realize it until I got to my cabin. I was sailing solo so never used it but definitely a nice feature for multiple people.

The Deluxe OV cabins are great when there are 2+ people in the room.  The second bathroom has a sink and a “junior tub” with shower.  No toilet.  The tub isn’t big enough for most adults to stretch out in, but it would be good for traveling with children.

19 hours ago, Dalton51 said:

Thanks for the help. 

Not really. All you get to see is entering and exiting ports, which you can see anyone on the ship.  I wonder how man really  use the balcony

19 hours ago, john91498 said:

Don't get a suite as we can't/won't cruise without a suite anymore...

We had a Grand Suite for 14 days on our last cruise and will be in a balcony cabin on our next. No problem. We've gone back to a balcony after a suite several times and loved each cruise.