Silly e-med question - carry-on luggage?

Once again in the pre-planning weeds.  We have to test after we get to Copenhagen. We were thinking of carrying our e-med tests in our carryon, given the problems people have been having with baggage.  But it has liquid in it, and has to remain sealed.  So I'll toss it out to the hive mind.  Will it be a problem?

12 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Once again in the pre-planning weeds.  We have to test after we get to Copenhagen. We were thinking of carrying our e-med tests in our carryon, given the problems people have been having with baggage.  But it has liquid in it, and has to remain sealed.  So I'll toss it out to the hive mind.  Will it be a problem?

No issues with emed tests in carryons.  That is where ours were when we went through TSA.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, flamingos said:

FWIW, testing in Copenhagen was super easy

• Like 1

Remember, TSA criteria is 3oz. Not even close in the Covid tests.

I will be going to Barcelona in Oct. and if testing is still going on, I will be taking my last Emed test and one of my govt. tests that I can have proctored for $20. 

Edited by crzndeb

We just flew to Amsterdam from Los Angeles with our eMed tests in our carryon backpack. Only problem was making sure the boxes were/stayed intact ... bubble wrapped them to be on the safe side. No problem and easy to take the tests on our laptop at our hotel and having the hotel print out the hard copy for us.

We did the same thing in April flying from Los Angeles to Orlando.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We just flew to Amsterdam from Los Angeles with our eMed tests in our carryon backpack. Only problem was making sure the boxes were/stayed intact ... bubble wrapped them to be on the safe side. No problem and easy to take the tests on our laptop at our hotel and having the hotel print out the hard copy for us.

We did the same thing in April flying from Los Angeles to Orlando.

How was immigration and luggage at Schiphol?  We're flying this week.

3 hours ago, flamingos said:

Flying into Schiphol was unexpectedly worse at least for us vs flying out. The (ONE) line to get out through immigration and claim our luggage and get out to a taxi took us over 3 hours. After landing as we walked towards the signs saying baggage claim we wondered what the long line we passed was for (almost 1/2 mile long)...then once we got to where we thought was luggage claim (silly us) we realized that we had to go back and get in that line. Once in it we saw many many people passing by us only to see them return to get in line. Their faces of disbelief was one that we probably had too.

Best of luck !!!

6 hours ago, flamingos said:

Did you test locally? I could use that information as a back-up.  🙂

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We used this place.  SOOOOO easy and convenient.

"www.promedical.dk"

$27 pp

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ashland said:

Flying into Schiphol was unexpectedly worse at least for us vs flying out. The (ONE) line to get out through immigration and claim our luggage and get out to a taxi took us over 3 hours. After landing as we walked towards the signs saying baggage claim we wondered what the long line we passed was for (almost 1/2 mile long)...then once we got to where we thought was luggage claim (silly us) we realized that we had to go back and get in that line. Once in it we saw many many people passing by us only to see them return to get in line. Their faces of disbelief was one that we probably had too.

Best of luck !!!

Not promising. We booked our connecting flight to Copenhagen for 1:30, when our flight was arriving at 8:10.  It has since been changed to arrival at 10:15.   *sigh*

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

We used this place.  SOOOOO easy and convenient.

"www.promedical.dk"

$27 pp

Yea, I was going to recommend this too.  ProMedical is just a block off from Nyhaven [surely a bucket list tourist haunt one is likely to visit].  We had made an appointment day before our flight home in June [and planned a Nyhaven visit that day]...but lo and behold, the CDC canceled their testing requirement to come back to the USA during our trip [should have played the lottery that day, ha].  Is testing required again for some reason [or just for the cruise perhaps]?

6 hours ago, flamingos said:

Not promising. We booked our connecting flight to Copenhagen for 1:30, when our flight was arriving at 8:10.  It has since been changed to arrival at 10:15.   *sigh*

Hope it works out for you. We saw the connecting line when we arrived into Schiphol and it was also so long at one time these lines were getting entangled until airport staff had to separate them from arriving and departing on a connection. What a mess this was.

7 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Hope it works out for you. We saw the connecting line when we arrived into Schiphol and it was also so long at one time these lines were getting entangled until airport staff had to separate them from arriving and departing on a connection. What a mess this was.

Thanks. We have a full day of leeway, so hopefully if there is a delay we can just get the next flight.  Right?  🙂

• Like 1

22 hours ago, flamingos said:

can’t comment on connecting flights but if your final destination is Amsterdam you should be fine.

On another matter: I had my emed tests in my checked luggage and the boxes were dented and the seals broken. The proctors (did 6 tests) didn’t care. They ask to scan the expiration date and then ask you to open the box.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, exm said:

can’t comment on connecting flights but if your final destination is Amsterdam you should be fine.

On another matter: I had my emed tests in my checked luggage and the boxes were dented and the seals broken. The proctors (did 6 tests) didn’t care. They ask to scan the expiration date and then ask you to open the box.

You put them in checked luggage ?? The temperature could have caused them to be compromised....You're very lucky !!!

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

You put them in checked luggage ?? The temperature could have caused them to be compromised....You're very lucky !!!

I know we all worry about temperatures, me too, but how are they shipped?  I don't think fedex ships them in air-cooled containers.   Or the post office.   Correct me if I'm wrong.