What do you do with the Medallion after the cruise?

YWW

Does Princess send you a different Medallion for each cruise or do you reuse the old Medallion? We have a Medallion for our upcoming August cruise and 4 weeks later we have a September cruise also on Princess on the same ship. Please advise. Thanks.

13 minutes ago, YWW said:

Does Princess send you a different Medallion for each cruise or do you reuse the old Medallion? We have a Medallion for our upcoming August cruise and 4 weeks later we have a September cruise also on Princess on the same ship. Please advise. Thanks.

It is yours to keep. My DH saves them as a souvenir. Lol  Ship, sailing date on each one.  They will send you a new one before your next one.  Make sure to order it on the App.

45 minutes ago, memoak said:

Garbage. But if you do b2b cruises you use the same one for both. Not sure how the battery will last on too many cruises 

Please don't throw them into the garbage. There's a battery inside that should be recycled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, cattolica said:

Throw it in the trash……our state doesn’t recycle batteries.  

Doesn’t really matter anymore…..we are done with cruising.  

Oh that's a shame, we will miss you

1 hour ago, EmilyColwell said:

They're magnetic???

Yeah.  They stick the wall of the cabin very well during the cruise as we put them with the magnetic hooks.  Easy to grab and go each time we leave the cabin.

The picture may not show it well, but the magnets are pretty much attached to the wall or else if the ship moves, they would be making a lot of banging noise.

20220807_082707.thumb.jpg.7764d1c6bb44efb5d5075c24e49e0703.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, milogurd said:

Please don't throw them into the garbage. There's a battery inside that should be recycled.

My belief is Princess should have a collection box at the end of each cruise so they can properly recycle the medallions for those us who don’t want to keep them. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I don't think it's worth recycling it.  And you can't reuse it for another guest.  No one wants a used item to start thier cruise.  Then you got covid fears.  

To be honest most recycling I've found to be fraud anyway. I remember working at Kroger supermarket. We just did that to get you in the store.  The stuff you put in the recycling box, we threw in the regular trash with everything else.  

• Thanks 2

Princess must be distributing hundreds of thousand medallions a year, each containing batteries and electronics - neither of which should be thrown away and added to our landfills. Since Princess came up with the medallions, they should have a plan for properly disposing them. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, KreinKrunker said:

I have never been asked this question.

You are supposed to tell them, just like at the airport before going through security.

It is mentioned in their website for those with pacemakers. They will supply you with a card instead.