Tell me this isn’t true….more Guy’s Burgers cutbacks!!!!

silvercrikhix

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

The last cruise I was on with them, all the mushrooms in the tray were cold and desiccated.

I wish they would just move them to the buffet area in that case.  I would just like access to them somewhere (other than the steakhouse)!  LOVE those things!  Guess I didn't eat enough of them in the past......

Just got off Freedom last week. I knew there had been changes, but I really missed the mushrooms as a topping on Guys Burgers. Did not realize how important this was to me. 

Also, long standing issue is how slow the sauces are dispensed. I find that the squirt bottle of BBQ sauce is my go to sauce instead of dealing with the dispensers.

The fries aren't quite the same but I find this less of an issue than the lack of mushrooms. It is still the best burger on the seas but...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I know you don't post here often so we'll cut you some slack this time. I'm sorry but this is a critique of Carnival and despite the name of this website, such are met with personal attacks. Please be sure to add the following sentence to your post and try again.

"But hey, it didn't ruin my cruise - besides a bad day on a ship is better than a good day at the office!"

((in case this is not apparent my post is a joke but you will be surprised how vitriolic some posters here can be when any aspect of Carnival cruises are criticized, no matter how small the criticism))

• Like 4
  • Haha 19

4 minutes ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

yeah, i don't know why people rave about those burgers and fries so much? I've never been a fan but see a lot of people mentioning the quality and selections has gone down since pre-covid.  Bummer for the raving fans!

Anything greasy will be amazing when you’re drunk. My first Guy burger was after a fishbowl at Red Frog, and I accidentally ordered the wrong one, but it was divine. So greasy. So fatty. So needed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Guy's burgers are simply classic "smashburgers". If you don't know what that is, then you are probably not a burger aficionado. Unless you are getting a wagyu burger or a fancy gourmet burger from the gastropub on Princess or similar, IMHO it IS indeed the best burger at sea.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Island Dog said:

Unless you are getting a wagyu burger or a fancy gourmet burger from the gastropub on Princess or similar, IMHO it IS indeed the best burger at sea.

I have enjoyed wagyu burgers on a number of trips. But, onboard the cruise everything tastes better - so a “smash burger” sounds wonderful! 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Chili and Queso said:

Why is there no breakfast burger? Guy's burger, add an egg, some bacon, lettuce and tomato. Done.

This gets my vote for best first post on CruiseCritic!😄  Extra points are being awarded for waiting 3 years before posting.😉👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

35 minutes ago, Chili and Queso said:

Why is there no breakfast burger? Guy's burger, add an egg, some bacon, lettuce and tomato. Done.

Oh, there is my friend! I like your style! (they just haven't rolled breakfast out fleetwide yet!)

• Like 3