Tell me this isn’t true….more Guy’s Burgers cutbacks!!!!

silvercrikhix

Was just reading nybumpkin’s Magic review and she says this:

Had Guy’s twice – while the burger was good, I was disappointed that they cut back the available toppings. My “go to” burger use to be a Plain Jane with cheese, topped with bacon and mushrooms and one of Guy’s sauces. The sauces are there, but the bacon and mushrooms were no more. 

OMG!!!!!!
Did I somehow miss this being another cut back?????

If this is true, I think we just hit the ‘what would it take to be over Carniva’l thread event. 
THAT’S too much. Dang, I hope this is a one off for some reason. With all the other bs changes they’re making……poo…I’m so disappointed….Crud….2 newbies on next up cruise. I’m about to be embarrassed to bring them. 

Yes, I know they were shut down, blah blah blah. But good heavens….

Nice review. Very enjoyable read. But, this is baaaaad news 😞

Edited just now by silvercrikhix

• Like 2

I did notice no mushrooms on our horizon cruise last month.  In place of the mushrooms on the toppings bar was chili which I don’t recall seeing in the past, but maybe as I don’t get it.  I thought the bacon burger was still available.  As many have reported, the fries have been different. It seems like a supply issue as I’ve seen different fries on a few of the cruises since restart. 

• Like 1

I'm OK with this, I also cutback on some items when they get too expensive. I'd rather Carnival keep a dynamic menu (obviously not too drastic) to keep costs down and cruise costs down, in order to maintain value vs raising prices for small concessions. Roll on NCL if that is what you want. I'm glad they are still giving us a choice and a place at the table! I'll vote with my wallet and book more cruises and continue to roll with them. I'm facing the same challenges, in fact, I just got crushed with increased costs on a level I've never seen before, rolling into my next cruise on a budget. It's irritating but I'd rather go than have it exactly how I want things. Sacrifices are real for all of us, Carnival too. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Me too. I was a fan of plain burger with the sauteed onion and mushrooms from the toppings bar. Could be a supply issue. Hopefully not a cut back.

I hate the bacon burger. It's a bunch of bacon all hard and cooked together. Once was enough. I'm a no on that. .. and I like bacon, but not smashed into a hard thing. 

• Like 3

Missed the mushrooms also when on our cruise.  DD is a very, very picky eater, and sometimes would only have sautéed onions and mushrooms from fixings bar for lunch - nothing else.  Last cruise she ended up with the onions and the potato sticks instead!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, silvercrikhix said:

Was just reading nybumpkin’s Magic review and she says this:

Had Guy’s twice – while the burger was good, I was disappointed that they cut back the available toppings. My “go to” burger use to be a Plain Jane with cheese, topped with bacon and mushrooms and one of Guy’s sauces. The sauces are there, but the bacon and mushrooms were no more. 

OMG!!!!!!
Did I somehow miss this being another cut back?????

If this is true, I think we just hit the ‘what would it take to be over Carniva’l thread event. 
THAT’S too much. Dang, I hope this is a one off for some reason. With all the other bs changes they’re making……poo…I’m so disappointed….Crud….2 newbies on next up cruise. I’m about to be embarrassed to bring them. 

Yes, I know they were shut down, blah blah blah. But good heavens….

Nice review. Very enjoyable read. But, this is baaaaad news 😞

Edited just now by silvercrikhix

Last time i had a problem getting extra onion rings 

• Like 1