Tell me this isn’t true….more Guy’s Burgers cutbacks!!!!

silvercrikhix

3 hours ago, mz-s said:

Guy's has been really cut back since the restart. The burgers just aren't good anymore - bland and overcooked. And the fries - worse than Wendy's. It's a shame.

Not at all my experience in 7 Carnival cruises since the restart. I had at least one Guy's on each of the cruises.

• Like 1

We’ll hope for the best for the next cruise. At this point, for US, it’s an important one.

A new haircut is fabulous, snip here, snip there….but it’s started to feel like a hacked up bowl cut. 
Hell I don’t even like mushrooms 🤢 The onions were/are fabulous tho. 
Agree on the pig patty…overcooked hard bacon puck. Yuck.  

We did notice the fries change in Nov 2021 and didn’t care for that. 

Really you all go on a cruise to eat burgers ???

From what I have just seen on Freedom, they might as well close the dining rooms down and turn them into a massive guys burger cafeteria. Actually split it and have wendys/burger king/KFC and be done.

• Haha 1

Guy's offers the Pig Patty burger with a bacon patty. I had one on Carnival Legend and it was very good. Can't recall all the toppings available, but pickles, mustard and Guy's mayonnaise were good additions to the burger. Lettuce and onions were there, too, which I didn't select.

• Like 2

I liked the chili from Guy’s, had a little on a burger. My beef with Guy’s is when they overcook them and you find that crunch is a thick, black crust. Next time I might get a couple deli dogs and add chili from Guy’s.

Edited by mondello
Add

5 hours ago, mondello said:

I liked the chili from Guy’s, had a little on a burger. My beef with Guy’s is when they overcook them and you find that crunch is a thick, black crust. Next time I might get a couple deli dogs and add chili from Guy’s.

The deli's hot dogs are great. And these days I think the deli's fries are better than Guy's...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, quattrohead said:

Really you all go on a cruise to eat burgers ???

From what I have just seen on Freedom, they might as well close the dining rooms down and turn them into a massive guys burger cafeteria. Actually split it and have wendys/burger king/KFC and be done.

I mean, it might seem silly for you, but some people really like those burgers.  TBH, my first cruise was on the Carnival Glory in 2018,  and really enjoyed getting a nice burger and fries for lunch at the pool.  A nice vacation activity, if you will.  It was probably one of the things I looked forward to after the restart.  Was on the Magic in June this year, and the fries were the crinkle cut deli fries, and the burgers were, decent, but not as good.  I can't lie and say it wasn't a little disappointing.  With that said though, there are obvious supply issues, so I'm not going to swear off Carnival because of it.

All this really to say, some people do look forward to Guy's, there's no reason to judge someone for what they enjoy.

Edited by StephPS79
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm fine with the pig patty bacon. Don't understand the mushroom elimination. Doesn't seem like a big ticket item. 

I will miss the fresh cut fries tho. I'm thinking it's a staffing issue rather than a supply line issue. Cutting and frying fresh potatoes would seem cheaper to me than buying processed fries but who knows?

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2022 at 7:02 AM, firefly333 said:

You can keep the bacon. I want my sauteed mushrooms and onions

Same here, but I just want the mushrooms. Oh, this REALLY does not set well with me.  😡  I love those mushrooms - so does my DH.  We cruise again in October - they had better be back on that toppings bar.......but I'm not hopeful.  As someone else here said, it's death by a thousand cuts. 

7 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

Did they maybe swap out the mushrooms for chili because of that thunderstruck burger thing?  I remember having mushrooms post restart a few times and then last month they were gone.  Again, could be supply issues vs cutbacks too. 

MR have been on both of our cruises since the restart as well.  

1 hour ago, LHARTWICK said:

Same here, but I just want the mushrooms. Oh, this REALLY does not set well with me.  😡  I love those mushrooms - so does my DH.  We cruise again in October - they had better be back on that toppings bar.......but I'm not hopeful.  As someone else here said, it's death by a thousand cuts. 

I wish they served a portabella mushroom burger with crispy onions like they do at the Dive-In on HAL. I could eat one every day!  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Apparently mushrooms have been removed since they were throwing most of them out. It seems there aren't enough mushroom lovers eating them.

The last cruise I was on with them, all the mushrooms in the tray were cold and desiccated.

On 8/22/2022 at 7:30 AM, mz-s said:

The deli's hot dogs are great. And these days I think the deli's fries are better than Guy's...

Have to disagree on the deli hot dogs being great BUT I do agree that the deli fries are better than Guy's.  A couple of times on my past cruise I went to get fries from the deli to go with my Guys burger.  That's a nice combo indeed. 🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, vacruisin said:

Have to disagree on the deli hot dogs being great BUT I do agree that the deli fries are better than Guy's.  A couple of times on my past cruise I went to get fries from the deli to go with my Guys burger.  That's a nice combo indeed. 🙂

We all like different things! I have fond memories of Carnival's older late night snacks buffet that served hot dogs with chili, so when they added that to the Deli's menu I was elated.

• Like 3