The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday August 27th, 2022

richwmn

Today is Play Music on the Porch Day, Speak Kind Words Day, and Pony Express Day

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!--Audrey Hepburn

Meal Suggestion for today - Penne Alla Vodka
Drink of the Day - Home Team Punch
Wine of the Day - Peter Zemmer 2020 Pinot Grigio (Alto Adige)
Destination of the Day - Mykonos, Greece

Eurodam

Seattle, Washington 07:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

Vancouver, BC Canada 07:00 - 16:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 08/28

Nieuw Statendam

Boston, Massachusetts 07:00 - 16:00

Noordam

At Sea Destination Whittier, Alaska eta 08/28

Oosterdam

Kusadasi, Ephesus, Turkey 07:00 - 19:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Rotterdam, Netherlands eta 08/28

Westerdam

Victoria BC, Vancouver Island, BC Canada 18:00 - 23:59

Zaandam

Boston, Massachusetts 07:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 21:00

Volendam

Rotterdam Waalhaven Ukraine Relief

0827World.thumb.png.efa22fea52154f0e3363d38b09000f3a.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 12

Thank you for the Saturday report, Rich.  The Pony Express paid a very vital role in our national heritage.  Music on the Porch (please not too loud) and especially kind words are very worth celebrating.  I love Audrey Hepburn's attitude but have not been to Mykonos.  Penne and Vodka sound like quite an interesting combination.  Must leave later this morning for a memorial service for a church member.

Today’s care list:

Cruisin Terri hurting
Sandi’s neighbors David (RIP) and Linda in critical condition
HAL Sailer Sister in Law recovering from cancer surgery
Tana with persistent problems although somewhat better
Fluff healing from surgery
ger_77 with loss of taste
The locks at Ijmuiden(Rotterdam diverted to at least 9/11)
From the rotation:
Heartgrove brother discharged but in hospice care
Atrex6 Father severely declining
Strength and healing (physical and emotional) for Kazu
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

welcome aboard jodi68
irishjim good surgery report
Tiogacruiser stepping up to cover wines  for cat shepard
Safe travels cat shepard to Alaska 8/27 and Nieuw Amsterdam 9/4 to 9/11
Norseh20 finding DM great assisted living facility
2 days for Oceansaway17 (Quantum OTS 8/29 to 9/5)
1 days for Vax1700 (Rotterdam 8/28 to 9/11)
1 days for Kochleffel (Voyager OTS 8/28 to 9/3)
Bon Voyage luvteaching (Crown Princess to 9/3, Eurodam to 9/10)
Welcome home Mtn2sea and kplady
Aliaschief (Rotterdam to 8/28),   Av8rix (Zuiderdam  to 8/31) and Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 13

Good morning.

It is 66°F and sunny here at 11.50am.

Thank you Rich for the fleet reports and Daily.

We should all speak kind words every day which will make us all happy.

We sometimes play music in our conservatory or summer house.

Nice wine and food today.

Mykonos is a lovely Greek island where the film Shirley Valentine was made.

We have been on a cruise to Mykonos and it was so peaceful.

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to the weekend.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 28

4 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Saturday report, Rich.  The Pony Express paid a very vital role in our national heritage.  Music on the Porch (please not too loud) and especially kind words are very worth celebrating.  I love Audrey Hepburn's attitude but have not been to Mykonos.  Penne and Vodka sound like quite an interesting combination.  Must leave later this morning for a memorial service for a church member.

Today’s care list:

Cruisin Terri hurting
Sandi’s neighbors David (RIP) and Linda in critical condition
HAL Sailer Sister in Law recovering from cancer surgery
Tana with persistent problems although somewhat better
Fluff healing from surgery
ger_77 with loss of taste
The locks at Ijmuiden(Rotterdam diverted to at least 9/11)
From the rotation:
Heartgrove brother discharged but in hospice care
Atrex6 Father severely declining
Strength and healing (physical and emotional) for Kazu
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

welcome aboard jodi68
irishjim good surgery report
Tiogacruiser stepping up to cover wines  for cat shepard
Safe travels cat shepard to Alaska 8/27 and Nieuw Amsterdam 9/4 to 9/11
Norseh20 finding DM great assisted living facility
2 days for Oceansaway17 (Quantum OTS 8/29 to 9/5)
1 days for Vax1700 (Rotterdam 8/28 to 9/11)
1 days for Kochleffel (Voyager OTS 8/28 to 9/3)
Bon Voyage luvteaching (Crown Princess to 9/3, Eurodam to 9/10)
Welcome home Mtn2sea and kplady
Aliaschief (Rotterdam to 8/28),   Av8rix (Zuiderdam  to 8/31) and Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy and condolences to your church members family who are having a memorial service at your church today.

Graham.

• Like 18

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich 🙂 

Great collection of days.  Speaking kind words can make all the difference in the world and I was always in awe of the Pony Express.  East to West in 10 days!

DF7BB767-4BF0-4770-90B0-CA88D4683B95.thumb.jpeg.63a8f841b16824f7223e927d60834785.jpeg

It really doesn’t matter where you are or what postal service you use - there’s a lot of truth with this one and makes the pony express even better 😉 

53DD5668-ECFF-4527-B821-DA8A69985DBA.jpeg.2a91b39eaa1e36861e7dacc0094aaa29.jpeg

Love that quote of Audrey Hepburn’s.  So typical of that wonderful lady - up to any challenge 👍 

I really wish I had seen this one yesterday in time for International Dog Day.  It’s perfect!

E69F5975-86DB-4864-AB17-2CE18C8CC4FF.jpeg.f58f883595b12e0fa2b7364fb75c34ae.jpeg

Love Mykonos - it’s beautiful.  I believe I’m returning next year so will have digital pics this time 😉 

Not a lot on my plate today other than get some more stuff ready to give away and hobble out to the car to give a dear friend some cherry tomatoes.  I have way too many.  I started them from seed back when Jose was in the hospital thinking I would be taking them to the Nursing home for him as he loved them.

Some work on my cruise (like check in and get organized) - And while I can’t garden, if the rain stops, I’ll attempt to get the dead heading up to date.

@kochleffeloh no on your implant 😱 I hope you will be ok for the rest of the trip without it 🤞 What a shame 😔 

I would normally be canning but with just me, I think I’ll take a short cut this year and get it done faster

CB0C9C83-43B6-4E9B-9194-9E7EFFC7BE4D.thumb.jpeg.e110463a9185d64d189e83cdb9773418.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Saturday everyone !!!!!

A505949C-5EA0-4515-B286-0ECE4F7E88FE.thumb.jpeg.05230db139e8ea2b8c2b07698418d576.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 37
  • Haha 4

Good morning from a cool Southern Ontario.  Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

It's only 7c (45f) this morning.  Way too cool for August.  It's supposed to warm up to 25c (77f) this afternoon.🤞

Music on the porch can be wonderful, but not too loud please.  I always try to have a few kind words to say every day, I wish others did the same.  

Love the quote, so inspiring.

The meal sounds great, I haven't made it in ages, thanks for the suggestion.

Not sure about the drink, but I'm sure I'll like the wine.

We've never been to Mykonos, maybe someday.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful Saturday.  Stay safe.

• Like 30

Home Team Punch cocktail:

Ingredients
1 ½ parts Pinnacle® Citrus Vodka or Pinnacle® Original Vodka
½ part DeKuyper® Blue Curacao
Fill with lemon-lime soda
Top with lemonade

Instructions
Add the Vodka and Blue Curacao to a tall glass filled with ice. Fill with lemon-lime soda and top with lemonade. Stir and serve.

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 7.24.08 AM.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 8

Good morning,

Thank you all for all your kind words for the last two days while I worked out my situation.  Not sure it is all resolved, but I think I don’t want to lose a friendship over a perceived hurt. I am just going to put it past me and move on.

Thank you for the Daily and the Fleet Report.

I like the days.  However, i can’t play music on my porch because it faces the golf course and who would want to hear the golfers if they are distracted😳. However, when they hit your property, it is another story.  The Pony Express was an important part of American History.  Sometimes i think we are back to that time with the length of time it takes for the mail these days. And finally, it is always better to speak kindly.  There is never a need to be nasty or hurtful.

The quote is great and comes from someone I admire.  Just love Audrey Hepburn.

As for the meal, I like Penne Ala Vodka and make it often.  I will be interested to see Debbie’s recipes today to get a new take on it or improve on my version.

Pinot Grigio is a favorite of mine, so I am also interested in the wine.

I will probably skip the drink.

I have been to Mykonos a few times.  I love that island.  There is great scenery as well as great shopping and wonderful food.  Would go back in a heartbeat.

Thank you to Roy for the list. 

You can remove me from the list.  I will work out my situation today,  I appreciate being included.

Prayers for all those who are on the list who ill.  I pray for you everyday.  This is my routine each morning. 

Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.  Enjoy and stay safe.  

My appointment to see the Hand Surgeon was moved up.  There was a cancellation for Monday so I was offered the appointment.  We are going to Jacksonville tomorrow and I will see the doctor at 11 am on Monday.  Then we are coming right home.  So happy they were able to move up the appointment.  I am trying to decide when to have surgery between trips and which hand to have done first.  I guess that will wait for Monday.

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words.  

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 29
  • Thanks 8

Good morning friends!  71F and so humid this morning.  99%!!  The windows were covered in dew.  So we stayed inside to exercise.  Today is do the laundry day, and the usual picking up the house type housework.  First I have to check out the Daily though.  Thank you Rich @richwmnfor presenting it today.  I like the speak kind words day.  I always try to do that.  Playing music on the porch is different!  Like others said, not too loudly please.  I salute the Pony Express and am grateful to have a postal service even when they fail to deliver sometimes.  You have to take the bad with the good.  A very interesting quote from Miss Hepburn.  Love pasta so will try the penne.  And wouldn't mind a good Pinot Grigio.  

Thank you Roy for your Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers were said before I popped out of bed to get on the treadmill.  I hope you all can feel them!🙏  Cheers to all on the Celebration list, especially those on or leaving for a cruise.  Have a wonderful time!🥂  Ironically the neighbors next door have been on a road trip to Pennsylvania the past week going to a reunion and visiting old friends there.  They will be home this weekend.  Yesterday they drove to Knoxville and visited Linda after her surgery.  They said she was a little out of it but they told her our entire neighborhood is praying for her and she should get well soon so she can come home.  Then they left her a card saying the same thing just in case.  We have some really great neighbors here!

Today's port of Mykonos, Greece is quite a popular one.  We had it posted here on Oct. 4, 2021.  It is on page 35 of Rich's posting activity, and here is a direct link to those who want to retrieve their photos.

We've only visited Mykonos once in 2012 on Crown Princess.  I remember seeing Petros the Pelican, mascot of Mykonos.  I think he wishes he could get away from all the tourists sometimes.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKvV5uLmyXg0niVuOr04h9Q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369258

Folks, could you please get out of my face?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZEwqxpZIUdSS_ek1vUpN1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369241

The "windmills" of Mykonos.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJO4PMkJ9A63YNh5mttgjOp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369314

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJF3lLjlJ8eUWQRZkPeRy-T?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369367

The back alleys00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI6a0ZQlXDVKoTIBABMjJw3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369342

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLcev29dqUBKaK5OryyIXEW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369356

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJORytWN7t3ECBEW-x95qkn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369396

The good...00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaBwQR1tnVAjKwarCOXjHP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369343

And not so good.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKH3SSZTNhJvI64kwLLgQNo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369420

And one of my favorite photos from our day there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLR8rByTTcjEDzC8bN8B_0b?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356369302

Have a great weekend!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 6

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich. Another simply gorgeous morning here, after a day where it rained from noon to 5. Bindi was not happy. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyites! Super busy day for me. Not sure how often I will be able to post, but I will try to share as much of my trip with you as possible. But I know you are in good hands with Laura, aka @TiogaCruiser.

I haven’t talked much about my upcoming trip because part of me did not believe it would happen. But tomorrow I leave for Anchorage. Spend two days in Seward - one of them in the Kenai fjords. Then a day trip to Whittier for the 26 Glaciers tour. Then I connect with HAL for the Denali portion & cruise. After arriving in Vancouver, I head to Butchart gardens & Victoria before heading down to Seattle where my “traveling Sister’s” brother will pick us up. We will spend a couple days with him and his wife. We are letting them plan those days, but he did mention perhaps visiting a winery or two in Woodinville.😎 I have done all of this except Kenai fjords & the wineries before, but with the exception of Seattle, almost 30 years ago, so I bet a great deal has changed. I am now officially excited, in spite of the flight changes and the COVID requirements and the apps. 

I used to have a cat who did this. Winkie was so flexible & long!

72B7DC67-D922-4CB8-BBAF-0D574290C180.jpeg.5e908752e6a4a758b5f0c6d49d97f19a.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well while I am gone everyone!

Peter Zemmer 2020 Pinot Grigio (Alto Adige)

Excellent reviews and a very reasonable price make this wine a good choice. Would definitely enjoy on a hot, humid evening. We seem to be having a lot of those lately. Widely available online with prices starting at $13.49.

Winemaker Notes

Radiant straw-yellow with a greenish tone. Elegant flowery aroma with typical tones of ripe fruit (pear, melon) and spices. Fruity mineral flavor, full-bodied with fresh acidity. Recommended pairings are starters, tureens, terrines, fish, shellfish, crustaceans, white meat and poultry.

JS91 James Suckling

A very fresh, clean pinot grigio with lovely honeydew-melon and summer-herb character and a neat balance of generous fruit with lively acidity. Polished, long finish. Drink now.

WE90 Wine Enthusiast

Enticing scents of spring blossoms and summer orchard fruit waft out of the glass. On the polished, expressive palate, fresh acidity accompanies ripe yellow pear and apple before a white almond close.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Good morning, everyone!

Today is starting out cool and crisp with abundant sunshine in northeast Ohio.  I will celebrate Speak a Kind Word Day happily today.   That should be a daily event.  What a difference we could make in this world.  @Cruzin Terri I'm happy to read that you are going to put the incident behind you and move on.  Better for both of  you.

I am going to finish packing up Grandma's china and mom's crystal today and get the living room ready for painting.  I'm hoping it won't take as long as the kitchen and dining room as there are no cabinets to do.  It should be an easier job.  

Penne alla vodka is a pasta dish made with vodka and penne pasta, usually made with heavy cream, crushed tomatoes, onions, and sometimes sausage, pancetta or peas.

The recipe became very popular in Italy and in the United States around the 1980s, when it was offered to discotheque customers. The recipe thus became an icon of the fashionable cuisine of the time, which preferred the use of cream in first courses. Penne alla vodka remains popular in Italian-American cuisine.

Our first recipe comes from Ree Drummond of The Food Network.  There is a whole cup of vodka in the sauce!   One caution is to cook it long enough for the alcohol to evaporate leaving just the flavor.   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/penne-alla-vodka-recipe-2014981

1559168406_Penneallavodka1.jpeg.49a5e15da8a4668cc9033766939815ac.jpeg

This next one only uses a 1/2 cup of vodka and cautions us to use only fresh ingredients.  No bottled garlic!  https://www.cookingclassy.com/penne-alla-vodka-sauce/1775669569_penneallavodka2.thumb.jpg.f531f3ec52ae92b46ebdfa44300edd87.jpg

This next  recipe only uses 2 tbsp of vodka.  It gives directions for including pancetta, bacon, or Italian sausage along with other vegetables.   https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a26556220/penne-alla-vodka-recipe/

1183684168_penneallavodka3.thumb.jpg.183ac0c493f667ff5367fa50593bada4.jpg

The other recipes I found were all the same, only the amount of vodka changed.  So, enjoy and let us know if you have a secret ingredient.  

Wishing you all a great day!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 10

Happy Saturday Dailyites!  My friend Penny came over yesterday with her DH.  They had just come from seeing his new doctor.  Jesse has had a lump on his neck for more than a year,  he went to see one doctor, and they did a cancer check, and said they could not determine anything from the results. He started getting a new lump on the other side  of his neck, and they went back and they ran other test, and again, inconclusive.  He changed from the doctors at Piedmont to Emory, and there were no tests, they looked at the medical history file, and it was cancer in his lymph nodes.  He has surgery on September 2, and will start chemo and radiation. Could you please add Jesse to your prayers.

Jesse has been our kitty sitter for years, and Penny said she would take over this time.  What a wonderful friend she is.  We leave in two weeks for the cruise that has been changed and postponed, and changed again, and she knew we couldn't cancel it this time.  Maybe getting out of her house for an hour or two will make her day better?

I cant wait to see the pictures of Mykonos, we will be there next October.  I love the quote.  Now music on the porch?  Front porch or back porch?  Every weekend, there are celebrations of some kind in our neighborhood.  Music every day.  I've got gospel to listen to down the hill in front of the house during the week, and Mexican music to my right down the hill on Saturday afternoons.  At least they are not at the same time.  I love it, but it would not sound good at the same time.

In-a-world-where-you-can-be-anything-be-

261029-Saturday-Morning-Is-About-Connect

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Happy Saturday Dailyites!  My friend Penny came over yesterday with her DH.  They had just come from seeing his new doctor.  Jesse has had a lump on his neck for more than a year,  he went to see one doctor, and they did a cancer check, and said they could not determine anything from the results. He started getting a new lump on the other side  of his neck, and they went back and they ran other test, and again, inconclusive.  He changed from the doctors at Piedmont to Emory, and there were no tests, they looked at the medical history file, and it was cancer in his lymph nodes.  He has surgery on September 2, and will start chemo and radiation. Could you please add Jesse to your prayers.

Jesse has been our kitty sitter for years, and Penny said she would take over this time.  What a wonderful friend she is.  We leave in two weeks for the cruise that has been changed and postponed, and changed again, and she knew we couldn't cancel it this time.  Maybe getting out of her house for an hour or two will make her day better?

I cant wait to see the pictures of Mykonos, we will be there next October.  I love the quote.  Now music on the porch?  Front porch or back porch?  Every weekend, there are celebrations of some kind in our neighborhood.  Music every day.  I've got gospel to listen to down the hill in front of the house during the week, and Mexican music to my right down the hill on Saturday afternoons.  At least they are not at the same time.  I love it, but it would not sound good at the same time.

In-a-world-where-you-can-be-anything-be-

261029-Saturday-Morning-Is-About-Connect

Sending Jesse our prayers.

G&P.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning,

Thank you all for all your kind words for the last two days while I worked out my situation.  Not sure it is all resolved, but I think I don’t want to lose a friendship over a perceived hurt. I am just going to put it past me and move on.

Thank you for the Daily and the Fleet Report.

I like the days.  However, i can’t play music on my porch because it faces the golf course and who would want to hear the golfers if they are distracted😳. However, when they hit your property, it is another story.  The Pony Express was an important part of American History.  Sometimes i think we are back to that time with the length of time it takes for the mail these days. And finally, it is always better to speak kindly.  There is never a need to be nasty or hurtful.

The quote is great and comes from someone I admire.  Just love Audrey Hepburn.

As for the meal, I like Penne Ala Vodka and make it often.  I will be interested to see Debbie’s recipes today to get a new take on it or improve on my version.

Pinot Grigio is a favorite of mine, so I am also interested in the wine.

I will probably skip the drink.

I have been to Mykonos a few times.  I love that island.  There is great scenery as well as great shopping and wonderful food.  Would go back in a heartbeat.

Thank you to Roy for the list. 

You can remove me from the list.  I will work out my situation today,  I appreciate being included.

Prayers for all those who are on the list who ill.  I pray for you everyday.  This is my routine each morning. 

Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.  Enjoy and stay safe.  

My appointment to see the Hand Surgeon was moved up.  There was a cancellation for Monday so I was offered the appointment.  We are going to Jacksonville tomorrow and I will see the doctor at 11 am on Monday.  Then we are coming right home.  So happy they were able to move up the appointment.  I am trying to decide when to have surgery between trips and which hand to have done first.  I guess that will wait for Monday.

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words.  

God Bless,

Terri

Good luck finding a solution to your problem Terri.

I hope you get a great result on Monday with your hand surgeon.

Graham.

• Like 16

Good afternoon from the North Sea. Everything comes to a end but the cherished memories from this vacation will last forever. What a great trip!

Slightly choppy seas enough to know we are at sea.

It’s a pretty day out there so maybe a sunset treat is possible.

I’m going to remember this cruise as the Bathrobe special! There being worn everywhere!😱

Only 52 days to our next adventure when we fly to Lyon, France and take a river cruise on the Rhône with Scenic River Cruises. It’s going to be a “Foody” cruise with a celebrity chef onboard so will be dieting for the next month in preparation.

Thanks to all who make the Daily a daily read.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.69eae86b659e8dc35f150bda84a3f4db.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.70d68fc273592f832db4da3d2f2c9770.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 5

A calm 76 degree morning to sit on the patio with a cup of coffee. The hummingbirds are chasing each other between feeders.

Good morning Daily-ites. Prayers lifted to our care list including Jesse. Prayers for Ukraine. What a tragedy.

Yesterday we had fun with couples pedis and lunch.

Today is Farmer's market and perhaps shopping at a few stores. Having some friends over later tonight for some games and drinks.

Although the pony express only lasted 18 months it was a great part of history. I recall reading children's books about the brave riders and as an adult found a book at the library that was so interesting. 

image.png.19d2cf25bde8834b0ab985290430ef69.png

I do believe I would like today's wine. Pinot grigio is a favorite of mine. Love Kris Cuvee!

image.png.6b1f3552da7ecbaf7e50fe2269b00819.png

Have an awesome weekend. Blessings and cheers.

• Like 20
  • Haha 3

Good morning from a calm (for now) central Texas.  There's not much on the agenda today.  Our Property Owners Association (POA) is having a board meeting this morning, and I may go.  There are a couple of issues that might prove interesting.

If I play music on the porch or patio, I usually use my iPod and earphones.  I try to use kind words, but once in a while my mouth gets ahead of my brain.  🤣  The Pony Express, while only in operation for a short time, played a big part in opening up the West.

I like the Audrey Hepburn quote.  I would like to try today's meal, but only if someone else made it.  The wine sounds nice, but will pass on the drink.

@kochleffel  That is good news the dentist was able to remove the failed implant without costing an arm and a leg.

@cat shepard  Ann, have a great trip and a great cruise.  Safe flight to Anchorage tomorrow, and good thoughts that your luggage stays with you.

@marshhawk  I'm sorry about your friend Jesse's diagnosis and hope they can get the cancer during the surgery and he tolerates the chemo and radiation treatments.

@luvteaching  Karen,  BON VOYAGE  and have a great cruise.

We have been to Mykonos twice.  In 2003, we were there on the old Regal Princess as part of the mystery cruise.  We rented a car and drove around most of the island.  In 2016, we were there on the Prinsendam and just walked around town. Today's pictures are a combination from both visits.  After going to Santorini twice, we decided we like Mykonos better.

A couple more pictures of the iconic windmills on Mykonos.

IMG_3228.thumb.JPG.f0d4fa7cbabf9c1973afb0180c2c8351.JPG

DSC08104.thumb.JPG.38091fc65ac0b1a6d8b6dd3b12aceb0e.JPG

Outside the town

IMG_3218.thumb.JPG.f0836b04f7ec578ebf9f87c648511294.JPG

IMG_3220.thumb.JPG.be47e5824562d584adb09eefd788c327.JPG

IMG_3224.thumb.JPG.14c09f48d1cb7098a2a68cfd18e1ebc5.JPG

IMG_3212.JPG

For the Garden Club

IMG_3219.thumb.JPG.6262b3d96c5b913f405fa990a587b21b.JPG

Back in town, Paraportiani Orthodox church on the waterfront

DSC08092.thumb.JPG.20c20ed26df09315d376994f084c2065.JPG

Some of the back streets in townDSC08107.thumb.JPG.d5a18fed7bacf9dffba1af3ad470932a.JPG

DSC08096.thumb.JPG.9da17762ade7dff5e5b098528d3ac246.JPG

DSC08098.thumb.JPG.a091017dc8fc7ca8962f1d3fe5ff7ccf.JPG

DSC08099.thumb.JPG.c5fdc9338059d52f7a2f5e2296d1e27b.JPG

DSC08105.thumb.JPG.af0fc18c901acaf91cb465d1580db30d.JPG

Mykonos from the ship

IMG_3204.thumb.JPG.ca70de845bab238f5605c1e919054041.JPG

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 8