On the Beyond Sept 5th. Where are irons or steamers?

Lindabee5000

Hello everyone, we are travelling from Montreal to Rome, to meet the Beyond for a 10 day cruise.  We have decided to do carry-ones only.   Meaning our compressed clothe will need to be steamed, or ironed on our arrival.  We are Sky Suite, Level 10… Does anyone know if we can have a steamer brought to our room, or do we have have access to a laundry area to steam and/or iron?   
Thank you!!!   We are so excited!!

• Haha 3

Welcome to Celebrity, no steamers, no irons and no passenger laundries.   If you are constrained to just having a carry on you better bring a wrinkle release spray.   Celebrity does have a for cost laundry and pressing service.   You may be willing to pay for the pressing service.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lindabee5000 said:

Hello everyone, we are travelling from Montreal to Rome, to meet the Beyond for a 10 day cruise.  We have decided to do carry-ones only.   Meaning our compressed clothe will need to be steamed, or ironed on our arrival.  We are Sky Suite, Level 10… Does anyone know if we can have a steamer brought to our room, or do we have have access to a laundry area to steam and/or iron?   
Thank you!!!   We are so excited!!

Neither. You can pay to have clothes pressed. If you are Elite Level or above you do get one complimentary pressing of two items for each person with status.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Welcome to Celebrity, no steamers, no irons and no passenger laundries.   If you are constrained to just having a carry on you better bring a wrinkle release spray.   Celebrity does have a for cost laundry and pressing service.   You may be willing to pay for the pressing service.

Are we allowed to bring a small travel steamer onboard?

11 minutes ago, Lindabee5000 said:

Nope… but just remember that every person on the ship will have the same issue you do. I just hang stuff in the bathroom and turn on the shower.

• Like 3

To get the wrinkles out, I just hang my clothes…..on Me!  In reality, the only people who notice wrinkles on our clothes….is ourselves! 

And to answer the OP’s question of where are the steamers and irons well after the fact……ashore or if you bring one, in the security locker. That isn’t done arbitrarily, it is a fire hazard onboard. 

And OP, I’d stick with the carry-on’s if you thought you could load enough for the cruise and not worry about how ‘wrinkled’ some would end up. All you have to do is mention to others: “Yes, we were able to bring all our stuff in our carry-ons”……Absolutely No One will care about some wrinkle and just be Wowed……and Envious. 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lindabee5000 said:

Okey dokey, looks like my plans will have to change.   Can I bring a travel steamer on board?

Oh no, they will confiscate that from your luggage and it will delay your luggage getting to your room.

1 hour ago, Lindabee5000 said:

Okey dokey, looks like my plans will have to change.   Can I bring a travel steamer on board?

Not listed in their prohibited item lists. You can bring on a hairdryer, curling iron and hair straightener. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/before-you-board

Edited by davekathy

2 hours ago, Peteymil said:

I do too, and it works like a charm.

Seconded - starting doing this years ago instead of the wrinkle spray. Get the shower running as hot as possible, hang up as much as you can in the bathroom, and close the door for a steam. Usually I'll give everything a tug and it comes out great.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Clothes irons and steamers ARE on the prohibited list!!!

Where ARE steamers on the prohibited list!!!! I thought they were but didn't see it listed on the latest  Celebrity link I posted. Not that it really matters to me as we don't own or would take one. 

7 hours ago, Lindabee5000 said:

With carry on's they will be able to see and confiscate the steamer when it's scanned before you borad. With checked luggage once the steamer is detected,  your luggage is placed in the holding area. When you go to collect it, you will asked unlock and the steamer will be confiscated until the end of the cruise.

P.S. I once when thfought this entire process for my hair curling iron that was in a checked bag. Fortunately, that wasn't confiscated.

12 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Where ARE steamers on the prohibited list!!!! I thought they were but didn't see it listed on the latest  Celebrity link I posted. Not that it really matters to me as we don't own or would take one. 

Under prohibited items, it's the 5th bullet point. They're listed after candles, incense, coffee makers...