dress code for suite lounge

43 minutes ago, molsonschooner said:

this will be our first time in a suite. Is there a dress code, and if there is a code is it enforced?

It was very similar to the MDR on Harmony a few months ago (my only suite experience). Anything reasonable during the day and just look presentable at night. I saw plenty of shorts & polos for men.

No strict code or enforcement 

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My normal morning routine on the ship is to get up early (7-ish), put on my swim trunks and head to the pool deck.  I swim a few laps, relax in the hot tub, and repeat a few times.  I then dry off, put on a t-shirt, and head to the Suite Lounge for coffee and a Danish to take back to the room for my wife.  Never has a word been said about my pool attire that early in the morning. 

My evening dress is quite the opposite.  I always wear a button-up shirt and slacks to dinner, and often a jacket, and thus that's what I wear to happy hour in the lounge.  

2 hours ago, rudeney said:

My normal morning routine on the ship is to get up early (7-ish), put on my swim trunks and head to the pool deck.  I swim a few laps, relax in the hot tub, and repeat a few times.  I then dry off, put on a t-shirt, and head to the Suite Lounge for coffee and a Danish to take back to the room for my wife.  Never has a word been said about my pool attire that early in the morning. 

My evening dress is quite the opposite.  I always wear a button-up shirt and slacks to dinner, and often a jacket, and thus that's what I wear to happy hour in the lounge.  

At least you don't sit in the chairs in the lounge with wet trunks. We've seen this, and then they left their wet towels....hmmm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At some point I think we all need to just agree  that your clothes should be clean, neat, free of rips, tears, stains and pictures/words that you wouldn't want your grandmother to see/read.  There is way too much bandwidth spent on deciphering “dress codes”.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, poocher said:

There is way too much bandwidth spent on deciphering “dress codes”.  

Agree.

"your clothes should be clean, neat, free of rips, tears, stains and pictures/words that you wouldn't want your grandmother to see/read".....that's too much bandwidth.

Edited by bucfan2

17 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

It was very similar to the MDR on Harmony a few months ago (my only suite experience). Anything reasonable during the day and just look presentable at night. I saw plenty of shorts & polos for men.

No strict code or enforcement 

What he said. 

26 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Agree.

"your clothes should be clean, neat, free of rips, tears, stains and pictures/words that you wouldn't want your grandmother to see/read".....that's too much bandwidth.

Really?  THATS too much trouble?

2 hours ago, poocher said:

At some point I think we all need to just agree  that your clothes should be clean, neat, free of rips, tears, stains and pictures/words that you wouldn't want your grandmother to see/read.  There is way too much bandwidth spent on deciphering “dress codes”.  

Ripped jeans are certainly OK.    Not necessary my style, but seem to be fine  anywhere, including the lounge. 

M

• Like 2

My grandmother would not understand.  You PAY for the clothes to be ripped already?!  Not sure when, and why, this became a thing.  I picture a couple of wasted fashion designers.  Designer One “I know, lets see if we take a bunch of cheap army surplus jeans, rip them up, slap a label on them and charge 3 times the price!”  Designer Two “Oh come on, nobody will fall for that!” 🤫

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just off the Harmony and dress was very casual, especially during the day.  Shorts, t-shirts, flip flops.  Evening was a bit more dressy.  DH wore nice shorts, polo, reg. shoes a few nights.  Shorts are more common on the first night, late port nights, and last night.  Most men wore long pants and ladies usually dressed up.  No one seemed to notice or care what people were wearing.     

17 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

I gave up on my early morning tuxedos just prior to the beginning of the shutdown. 

look good or look bad, you may get “looks” but no one will confront you and some may compliment you.

I retired my tux about 5 years ago, had one on about 60 cruises starting in early 1980’s . 

10 hours ago, poocher said:

...your clothes should be clean, neat, free of rips, tears, stains and pictures/words that you wouldn't want your grandmother to see/read.  

You should have met my grandmother on my mother's side.  She's want to see and read it all!