Are cruises now becoming fully booked or does Royal not go for full capacity?

4774Papa

57 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

Our TA is in seven months and we have had little activity recently.  Most people don't wait until the last minute to book a TA.

Do you mean little roll call activity?  I've found lately that there is more activity on the social media sites. Google your ship and sail date and something should come up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

I'm opposite. I loved it, and knew it wouldn't last, so I enjoyed every minute of each of them. 

Same. It was awesome. I will miss that for sure. I dont need lots of other people to have a good time. I cruised  as much as I could while everyone else was staying away. 🙂

But, i will continue to cruise. Bags are packed. 🛳  ready to go again. 

• Like 6

Personally, I'm Okay with 100% capacity, as long as the crew and venues/activities are at 100% staffing/availability.  I've cruised, last May, on a ship that wasn't fully staffed and many venues were not available.  Some of the venues were open with staff that had no idea how to do things.  I guess the philosophy by RCCL, at the time, was that a warm breathing body is better than none.  It sucked but I understand what RCCL was up against.

I'm still loyal to Royal!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have been on 9 RCI cruises this year and all of them were close to or at full capacity. The only cruise I have been on this year that wasn’t very crowded was on Celebrity Apex. Of course Carribean cruises probably aren’t the best comparison to a TA cruise. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

4 hours ago, runner2013 said:

Guess i'm the odd woman out. I preferred less folks. Made getting a table, or a seat so much easier. 

But now that things are back to normal it won't stop me from going😁

Me too, just loved not having the crowds.  But, I’m cruising with or without the masses.  Always a place (my Balcony) for downtime when I feel the need for just me & the ocean. 💙💙

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

How can they cruise a more than 100%?

Usually, the capacity of a ship is quoted assuming there are EXACTLY 2 people per cabin.  Many suites and balcony cabins are capable of sleeping more than 2 so the ship could reach over 100% STATED capacity but not, of course the TRUE maximum capacity...

• Thanks 1