Bringing Instruments - Guitar for Example

Maleficent's Dad

21 hours ago, Maleficent's Dad said:

I don’t want her to bring the instrument(s), so I’m hoping to tell her they’re not allowed.  It is crazy that some people think everyone want s to hear them play and sing!

What is crazy is they're thinking that they're doing someone else a favor by playing and singing.

• Like 2

Of call the cruises I have been on people love my cowbell and I usually get tips and calls for more cowbell.  Its small and fits conveniently in a suitcase.   I think only once someone knocked on my door at 3:30 am and told me it was getting on their nerves and they were trying to sleep.  Sure enough it was not long before they too were asking for more cowbell.  If you hear a cowbell on your cruise, you know its me.  Its just unfortunate NCL wont let me join their cruise ship band with my cowbell.

Edited by david_sobe
  • Haha 10

4 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Of call the cruises I have been on people love my cowbell and I usually get tips and calls for more cowbell.  Its small and fits conveniently in a suitcase.   I think only once someone knocked on my door at 3:30 am and told me it was getting on their nerves and they were trying to sleep.  Sure enough it was not long before they too were asking for more cowbell.  If you hear a cowbell on your cruise, you know its me.  Its just unfortunate NCL wont let me join their cruise ship band with their cowbell.

Sweet.  The only thing better than Alexa on the Encore would probably be Alexa w/Cowbell.  Dare to dream.... 😎

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2022 at 3:32 PM, Maleficent's Dad said:

My neighbors are considering joining us out of NYC in July.  The wife loves to play her music and sing wherever she goes.  (I know, this can be a bit much at times, but that's who she is.)

She would only be on board if she could bring her ukulele and/or guitar with her.  I had read that Disney Cruise Line does permit instruments and confiscates them.  I Googled it, and while most lines do not permit instruments, I cannot find anything specific from NCL.  I went to their site and searched, and this is the best I could come up with - noting that it doesn't list instruments on it.

https://www.ncl.com/prohibited-items

TIA!

I need to bring my basketball and practice my dribbling on my balcony as that is not prohibited either.  I can also practice my opera at the same time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, jerseyfresh72 said:

I just got off the getaway 9/12 and someone who was in the haven with us brought his acoustic guitar. He would play it on his balcony in the evening. It was actually nice. 

Nope. The only thing I want to hear on my balcony is the ocean. 

• Like 11

10 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

NB: she’s not the OP’s wife, she’s a neighbor. 

6 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Why does everyone think this woman is the OP’s girlfriend, it is her neighbor and the OP doesn’t want the guitar brought onboard.

perhaps everyone is channeling henny youngman?

"that was no neighbor, that was my wife." 

• Like 1

i'm a guitar player and wouldn't dream of taking any of mine.  Hopefully you won't be my balconymate on my next cruise.....no offense, but you may not like what i like and vice versa.  Even the poster refers to "her music" and alludes to it not being that great....."that's just who she is".

• Like 2

8 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Of call the cruises I have been on people love my cowbell and I usually get tips and calls for more cowbell.  Its small and fits conveniently in a suitcase.   I think only once someone knocked on my door at 3:30 am and told me it was getting on their nerves and they were trying to sleep.  Sure enough it was not long before they too were asking for more cowbell.  If you hear a cowbell on your cruise, you know its me.  Its just unfortunate NCL wont let me join their cruise ship band with my cowbell.

You, my friend, are likely 🐀 pack material.  You're on the list....

ETA: I think our friend @ggTexasGal may be on the list as well.  I'll have to check with the boss.

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Why does everyone think this woman is the OP’s girlfriend, it is her neighbor and the OP doesn’t want the guitar brought onboard.

That's typical here on CC.  Many people can't seem to read and comprehend simple statements. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I need to bring my basketball and practice my dribbling on my balcony as that is not prohibited either.  I can also practice my opera at the same time. 

Ahh, but they do have a dedicated place on board for like-minded folks that want to practice their basketball skills. They even supply the equipment!

To my knowledge, there is no 'band camp' room on board any ship where it becomes open jam session for everyone to practice their musical skills. There's probably a reason for this...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

You, my friend, are likely 🐀 pack material.  You're on the list....

ETA: I think our friend @ggTexasGal may be on the list as well.  I'll have to check with the boss.

You'll have to give them the test.... do they also play the bagpipes in addition to that cowbell?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

Ahh, but they do have a dedicated place on board for like-minded folks that want to practice their basketball skills. They even supply the equipment!

To my knowledge, there is no 'band camp' room on board any ship where it becomes open jam session for everyone to practice their musical skills. There's probably a reason for this...

I was on a singles cruise once that coincided with a partial-ship charter of an Irish music festival thing.  The Studio Lounge hosted a jam session more than once.   I loved it, but some folks less so... Irish music isn't everyone's cup of tea.  Which proves the overall point of this thread, I guess.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I miss the boss. He was fun. 

I miss you to Oteixeira. CCL is going to release this week. That should make move.

My work has taken a turn towards buried, which is no fun.  I need to go read up on our stock thread!  Hopefully CCL doesn't make it any worse then the Feds already did last week.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jbcallender said:

i'm a guitar player and wouldn't dream of taking any of mine.  Hopefully you won't be my balconymate on my next cruise.....no offense, but you may not like what i like and vice versa.  Even the poster refers to "her music" and alludes to it not being that great....."that's just who she is".

That was the telling part for me.

On 9/24/2022 at 3:32 PM, Maleficent's Dad said:

My neighbors are considering joining us out of NYC in July.  The wife loves to play her music and sing wherever she goes.  

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Because the OP said it was "the wife".  He didn't stipulate whose wife.  

I'm sorry, but anyone who does not comprehend that OP is talking about neighbor's wife needs to go back to reading comprehension class.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

OKaaaayyyyyy!

Really?  For this?:

25 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

I'm sorry, but anyone who does not comprehend that OP is talking about neighbor's wife needs to go back to reading comprehension class.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oteixeira said:

We have bosses???

Not really.  🐀s don't typically answer to anybody.   That said, some 🐀s are bigger 🐀s than the others.  I may be the elder 🐀 but not the biggest 🐀.  To be continued in the 🐀place? 🤣

ETA: can we get more of that fiddle and bagpipes?  That stuff is crazy good!😎

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Haha 3