The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday October 3rd, 2022

richwmn

Today is National Boyfriends Day, Child Health Day, and Techies Day

The only thing worse than a boy who hates you; a boy that loves you.--Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Meal Suggestion for today - Spaghetti And Meatball Skillet Supper
Drink of the Day - Fire Apple
Wine of the Day - Beringer White Zinfandel, California
Destination of the Day - Fremantle (Perth), Australia

Eurodam

Juneau, Alaska 13:00 - 21:00

Koningsdam

Juneau, Alaska 13:00 - 22:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination San Francisco, California eta 10/05

Nieuw Statendam

Bar Harbor, Maine 07:00 - 15:00

Noordam

Victoria BC, Vancouver Island, BC Canada 07:00 - 15:00

Oosterdam

Souda-Chania, Crete Greece 08:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Oslo, Norway eta 10/04

Volendam

At Sea Destination Kusadasi, Ephesus, Turkey eta 10/04

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Honolulu, HI eta 10/8

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Canada eta 10/04

Zuiderdam

San Diego, California 07:00 - 17:00

1003World.thumb.png.c1150608d8f54127f372792c6177b6d3.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 9

Good morning.  Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

A cool, clear morning.  We could have frost, it's 0C.  Brrr.  Bertie and I will go for a walk when the sun comes up.

A nice collection of days.  My boyfriend is my husband and he's a bit of a techie.  Child health is extremely important.

I'm not sure I agree with the quote.

The meal sounds good, we love pasta.

Not sure about the drink, I'll pass on the wine.

I've never been to Fremantle, maybe someday.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful Monday.

Stay safe.

• Like 27

Thank you for the Monday Report, Rich.  I'll pass on both boyfriends day and the quote. I was something or a techie when I was working.  Child health is critical with major implications to what adult health will look like.  I think many of us have sad memories of Fremantle as the place many world cruises aborted, including Crystal Serenity, Amsterdam, and my QM2 world cruise.  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Melon Bisque, Rosemary Roasted Chicken and Strawberry Crisp as served on MS Amsterdam October 3, 2017.

dishes03.jpg

Today’s care list:

Horrific damage from Ian
Western wildfires
Tthose in Fiona’s wake
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer and in denial
Long term power outage for jimgev
From the rotation:
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1), msmayor (5/20) and JAM37 (7/7)
Heartgrove brother discharged but in hospice care
LocoLoco1 recovering from back surgery
Cruisin Terri leak damage

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

7 days to first BHB in Everglades
Cat in My Lap safe in St. Petersburg

ger_77 earring found
Sam’s shingles healing and aide working out well
JazzyV road trip with BFF to 10/6 and Birthday 10/4
kplady first Monday not going to work
Cruzin Terri headed to Barbados  to 10/17
5 days for Cunnorl (Noordam 10/8 to 1/2/23)
5 days for Cruising-Along(10/29), dfish, NextOne, Richwmn, Live4cruises,  SharoninAz (Nieuw Statendam 10/8 to 10/22)
5 days for HAL4NOW (Koningsdam 10/8 to 10/24)
Rowsby in Hawaii until 10/28
fatcat04 (Nieuw Statendam to 10/2),
Mister67(Clelebrity Infinity to 10/8 Lemonade cruise),  LoveTheBeach (Adventure OTS  to 10/8), sailingdutchy (Oosterdam  to 10/10), and  Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15), MissG (Avalon Imagery II 10/2 to 10/6; then Oosterdam 10/10 to 10/22),  Dismomx5 (Rotterdam to 10/27) and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 11

Thanks for our Monday Daily, Rich.

Well, no boyfriend, not much of a techie but I laud all who are 👍 - so I guess, I will happily celebrate Child Heath - so very important and so many children world wide who need help with their health.

Not sure about today’s quote & with all due respect will definitely pass on today’s meal.  While I enjoy some pasta, for whatever reason I developed a detest for spaghetti & meatballs when I was young and never got over it.  Nice to see a white wine today.  We have been to Perth and really enjoyed it - it was long before the sad cruise cancellation at Freemantle.

I fell very far behind yesterday on the Daily with my different jobs yesterday and when I came back - all my multi quotes were gone 😠 Sorry about that.

It was pretty brutal out there yesterday and while I did work - it seemed to take forever and it was just too cold.    I actually wondered if I had opened the calendar to the wrong month - felt more like November than October.

7937B963-2E11-4672-B28F-EDCFC22776DD.jpeg.c26d4e7548b150f121efc05dbcdaf26f.jpeg

Didn’t get much done but I did get some done.  Hopefully it is warmer today 🤞once the frost is gone. And, I did get a bunch of  roll call stuff done 👍 It all eats into time in the day so at least there is some progress there.

No housework worth bragging about and that needs to be done badly - but for now, IF the weather is decent, outside is getting the priority 😉 

8B008D7E-5B18-440F-9C93-1DCD94355913.jpeg.c8efd6fe8184fc6e09931e15815b103a.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, special prayers for  those affected by Fiona & Ian & for those that need them.  And a toast to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a good Monday everyone !!!!!!

C729A720-04F8-4134-9BEE-0F3FCDC270BD.jpeg.d5668693775ab6f17e409c2994b30bd9.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

Good afternoon.

It is currently 55°F and cloudy here in North East England.

Thank you Rich for the fleet reports and Daily and Roy for today's lists.

Child health is important as is all the childhood vaccinations.

I will give today's quote,food and drink a miss and we have never been to today's port.

Our prayers for the safety and well being of everyone affected by Hurricane Ian.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Graham.

• Like 25

Good morning, everyone!

It is a chilly start to the day here in northeast Ohio, but it is supposed to warm to the mid 60's.  Chilly is ok for doing my laps as I prefer cooler weather for walking.  Today is a day for all of us.  We might not think so, but we all participate here on the Daily and that makes us techies.  I bet we all do more than we think in that area.  No boyfriend here, but I will salute children's health.  As Roy said, childhood health is critically important to adult health.  

I would love the spaghetti and meatball skillet supper, but I'll pass due to the carb content.  I'd have to have such a small serving to stay within my limits on carbs that it isn't worth the effort to make it.  But, I'm sure many of you would really enjoy this meal.  It is a great idea for a cool weather day.  Add in a crisp tossed salad and some garlic bread and you have a home run.  Our first recipe comes from Taste of Home:  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/spaghetti-meatball-skillet-supper/

15563737_spagskillet1.jpg.dfec06ad4831a38c8caf4c12b44d36c5.jpg

Or you can try this version:  https://www.thespruceeats.com/skillet-spaghetti-481948

1987275055_spagskillet3.jpg.6c7273522476af02d0bb6e3e813abc4e.jpg

Ree Drummond's version is a little more involved, but I'm sure the flavor is worth it!   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/skillet-spaghetti-and-meatballs-8348901

800046465_spagskillet4.thumb.jpeg.0cc20db6b678f8b3fc05064c84544ef8.jpeg

Want to be a little bit different?   Make it a pie:   https://www.rosinarecipes.com/recipes/meatball/spaghetti-meatball-pie/

270854079_spagskillet5.jpg.0e03c973609f58594ab0e7f971f79050.jpg

Wishing all of you a wonderful day.   

• Like 28
  • Thanks 10

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich. Roy, thank you for keeping our lists! Another beauty of a morning here. Fall is definitely in the air. Certainly makes cleaning up a lot easier. 

My gym is still without power, so I need to get out for a good brisk walk without Bindi. 🤫 sshhh, please do not tell her. I hope to finish my saga today. I think I only had one day left. I know you are all holding your breath in anticipation. 

@Cruzin Terri hope you two have a wonderful trip & Happy Anniversary, a bit early. 

2E27E17D-AA14-421D-BC8E-FC5C8CB6F418.jpeg.4e12d4ecc1fe0849337876272305c566.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone. 

Beringer White Zinfandel, California

This one might be a bit too sweet for me, but perhaps it would be a good base for Sangria - if I could not enjoy sipping it by itself. Lots of consumer fans. No matter how one plans to use it, the price is hard to beat. Available from numerous online distributors with prices starting at $4.98!

Distributor Notes

In making Beringer’s White Zinfandel, the focus is to highlight the fresh red berry, citrus and melon aromas and flavors, and round them out with subtle hints of nutmeg and clove. The wine has a youthful exuberance that is enjoyable as a sipper on its own, or with a variety of dishes.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 4

Thank you for the Daily Fleet Report  It's 5 Celcius here.  No more going out onto the patio in the mornings for me.  My husband loves the cold weather, so he can sit out there and enjoy it. The meal sounds great and so does the wine.  I prefer white wines over red. 

• Like 26

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  I like today’s twist on the meal suggestion and thank you @dfish for sharing the recipes and pictures.  It’s going to be a fun filled work day.  One PIA customer is complaining that people didn’t look at a non emergency question over the weekend when they are off duty. Today is another cool day.  I’m going to make DH happy and put on the flannel sheets, he thinks winter has set in.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

• Like 28

Good morning friends!  It's 51F but expected to be sunny and 74 later.  The weather has been perfect ever since the daily rain and humidity left us.  We walked in the dark through the neighborhood this morning, getting our 2.5 miles in.  After today we have several days with appointments so it will be a little more hectic around here.  Tomorrow both of us are going in for the first appointment for our crowns (1 each), then Wed. is DH's dental cleaning and Thursday another hair appointment.  My stylist is off next week so she moved my appointment up a week.  Feels like I was just there!

A very good Fleet Report and Daily today Rich @richwmn.  Fremantle (Perth, Australia is a great port.  We saw it here last on Sept. 21, 2021 so I will add a link to that page for any who want to retrieve their photos from then.  I don't have a boyfriend anymore so will substitute DH for that spot.  I salute child health day worldwide.  And I have a few techies in my family which is convenient at times.  As for the quote - ??  I'm so glad to see some comfort food as menu suggestion today!  Sorry about your experience Jacqui @kazubut I love spaghetti and meatball dishes so will take your share.  No to the drink of the day but I enjoy a white zinfandel wine so yay for that!  And white zinfandels are pink unlike what it sounds like.  

Thank you Roy @rafinmdfor the lists today.  The shorter Care list and longer Celebration list is so refreshing.  Prayers for all in need on the Daily, my neighbor Linda, my family, those impacted by hurricanes and wildfires, and the good people of Ukraine.  I am not on Facebook so emailed Linda but she must not have access or is unable to respond.  I have no idea how long it takes for broken wrists to heal so that could be part of the problem.  I hope she is recovering quickly and will be home sometime soon but I really have no clue.  Cheers to all on the long list of cruises and everyone else with good news.  

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

In October 2017 we did our Australia circumnavigation cruise on Sun Princess.  We docked in Fremantle which is the port for Perth.  We didn't travel into Perth that day so if I ever get back there I will make a point of doing that.  Instead we enjoyed the lovely and interesting city of Fremantle. 

Arrival in sunny Fremantle, Oct. 19, 2017.  The city provides this novel gangway for the use of their cruise ship arrivals.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLoREO_cl5ZWI_CLOUktRP8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561080

We first passed by the Public Transport station.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJLWkI3SSIAQL7_vCHcOqPb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561104

followed by this lovely church.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIHSna2LWaXkxI_COEouWzJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561107

There was a charming downtown area with a Visitor Center along with lots of shops and coffee bars00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK8TZWTtxxs2qhqdqMdpWNB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561118

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLq342Nm3FlDvmtlHyo4UUI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561118

I always like to see the different styles of architecture in the places we visit.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIvxEgCiwTSdEFAoX0_UEDc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561134

I noticed a pattern with all the multi-colored striped buildings00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLCGLcPxBu-jFyptHELYSrT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561134

Next on our trek was the National and World Heritage Site called Fremantle Prison.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJOlxWdGaJ93en0OwL0TjR1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513605516

We decided not to visit the prison (I'm not a fan of razor wire).00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJvVt69STkg7yvCgNSAUk_E?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561164

Walking back towards the marina area we saw that Fremantle has its own brewery.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKCpRXNhnNPSs-1phBOLtFL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561318

Then we saw these two fellows working along the docks.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJekGTiCvw2DODd4lgAnyU6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561324

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLEG5d3fPFwkSPXjXIjOuMl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561330

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJPQu-3zANMoM0QrtGmdgdG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1632227938

A spot for the beach lovers to work on their tans.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI-QCcTrgN1y-hjfAuvcFd3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561353

Next was an interesting tunnel and viewing spot.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJUiqIIrNK2fHbaHpDoObnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561361

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL1lW-QEDjaYplI-sYudT53?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561355

We took the stairs to the top for a look-see.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKtI0NU7YDtz1AJi7coSnH7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513605521

This was the water side00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZSXvVr4Owgs84l0YR-qSn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561385

But look at the city side!  It's an art installation.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLa_SEh2tG4xA3dnt4pYZKe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561397

An explanation00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJi13sejI1lNS90qqHTEINv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561385

One of the painters at work.  I can't imagine how difficult it was to get every yellow stripe exactly right so it would look the way it did.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2zdgeuHF5ichu__6ucEMM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561396

A fun day in Fremantle!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 9

8 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's 51F but expected to be sunny and 74 later.  The weather has been perfect ever since the daily rain and humidity left us.  We walked in the dark through the neighborhood this morning, getting our 2.5 miles in.  After today we have several days with appointments so it will be a little more hectic around here.  Tomorrow both of us are going in for the first appointment for our crowns (1 each), then Wed. is DH's dental cleaning and Thursday another hair appointment.  My stylist is off next week so she moved my appointment up a week.  Feels like I was just there!

A very good Fleet Report and Daily today Rich @richwmn.  Fremantle (Perth, Australia is a great port.  We saw it here last on Sept. 21, 2021 so I will add a link to that page for any who want to retrieve their photos from then.  I don't have a boyfriend anymore so will substitute DH for that spot.  I salute child health day worldwide.  And I have a few techies in my family which is convenient at times.  As for the quote - ??  I'm so glad to see some comfort food as menu suggestion today!  Sorry about your experience Jacqui @kazubut I love spaghetti and meatball dishes so will take your share.  No to the drink of the day but I enjoy a white zinfandel wine so yay for that!  And white zinfandels are pink unlike what it sounds like.  

Thank you Roy @rafinmdfor the lists today.  The shorter Care list and longer Celebration list is so refreshing.  Prayers for all in need on the Daily, my neighbor Linda, my family, those impacted by hurricanes and wildfires, and the good people of Ukraine.  I am not on Facebook so emailed Linda but she must not have access or is unable to respond.  I have no idea how long it takes for broken wrists to heal so that could be part of the problem.  I hope she is recovering quickly and will be home sometime soon but I really have no clue.  Cheers to all on the long list of cruises and everyone else with good news.  

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

In October 2017 we did our Australia circumnavigation cruise on Sun Princess.  We docked in Fremantle which is the port for Perth.  We didn't travel into Perth that day so if I ever get back there I will make a point of doing that.  Instead we enjoyed the lovely and interesting city of Fremantle. 

Arrival in sunny Fremantle, Oct. 19, 2017.  The city provides this novel gangway for the use of their cruise ship arrivals.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLoREO_cl5ZWI_CLOUktRP8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561080

We first passed by the Public Transport station.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJLWkI3SSIAQL7_vCHcOqPb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561104

followed by this lovely church.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIHSna2LWaXkxI_COEouWzJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561107

There was a charming downtown area with a Visitor Center along with lots of shops and coffee bars00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK8TZWTtxxs2qhqdqMdpWNB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561118

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLq342Nm3FlDvmtlHyo4UUI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561118

I always like to see the different styles of architecture in the places we visit.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIvxEgCiwTSdEFAoX0_UEDc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561134

I noticed a pattern with all the multi-colored striped buildings00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLCGLcPxBu-jFyptHELYSrT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561134

Next on our trek was the National and World Heritage Site called Fremantle Prison.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJOlxWdGaJ93en0OwL0TjR1?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513605516

We decided not to visit the prison (I'm not a fan of razor wire).00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJvVt69STkg7yvCgNSAUk_E?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561164

Walking back towards the marina area we saw that Fremantle has its own brewery.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKCpRXNhnNPSs-1phBOLtFL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561318

Then we saw these two fellows working along the docks.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJekGTiCvw2DODd4lgAnyU6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561324

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLEG5d3fPFwkSPXjXIjOuMl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561330

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJPQu-3zANMoM0QrtGmdgdG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1632227938

A spot for the beach lovers to work on their tans.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI-QCcTrgN1y-hjfAuvcFd3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561353

Next was an interesting tunnel and viewing spot.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJUiqIIrNK2fHbaHpDoObnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561361

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL1lW-QEDjaYplI-sYudT53?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561355

We took the stairs to the top for a look-see.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKtI0NU7YDtz1AJi7coSnH7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513605521

This was the water side00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZSXvVr4Owgs84l0YR-qSn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561385

But look at the city side!  It's an art installation.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLa_SEh2tG4xA3dnt4pYZKe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561397

An explanation00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJi13sejI1lNS90qqHTEINv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561385

One of the painters at work.  I can't imagine how difficult it was to get every yellow stripe exactly right so it would look the way it did.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2zdgeuHF5ichu__6ucEMM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1513561396

A fun day in Fremantle!

Nice photos Sandi.

Australia is on our wish list especially as Pauline's close cousin emigrated to Adelaide 17 years ago and she keeps asking us to visit them.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Happy Monday!  We had a sad loss for the Ravens yesterday but as we sat at home and watched the weather we were happy that we were warm at home!  Today we are heading to get groceries and then John needs glasses from Costco.  Hopefully by then time all that is done it will be warm outside and I can get some outside work done.  Really getting behind.  Thank you for the Daily Reports!  I think the quote is plan weird.    Debbie, love recipe #1 but will pass on the cocktail and the wine.  Sandi thank you for the photos of Freemantle.   It looks like a lovely city.   Prayers for all on our care list and for the continued success of the fighting in Ukraine.  Have a wonderful day!!  

Bee and baptisia '13.jpg

• Like 33

Good Morning from a sunny day at the beach

My boyfriend is my DH and his a techie. Thank goodness !

We will be visiting Perth/Fremantle on our upcoming trip.  In fact, I received an email from HAL last nite cancelling our excursion due to "operational issues".  Guess it will be a DIY.  Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for the great pictures. 

My hairdresser called me last nite and he has power! Yeah! So I am heading to Orlando this AM, me for a cut and color and DD for a cut.  Now if I can just hear from the eye doctor, I will be all set.

Be safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, thank you Debbie for today's recipes, and thank you Dixie for today's cocktail recipe. And thankyou all for being here!

The sun is finally shining after four days of overcast, rainy sky. It was so thick the last two days I had to turnoff our outside light manually because the photoeye recognized the darkness.

Sue and I have an appointment to receive our winter flu shot tomorrow. Now it will be the right arms turn to ache!  ☺️

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 30

@dfishThank you for the Daily recipes! Since Fall is in the air, I thought I’d provide an alternative to pasta for those who are watching their carbs or just want to eat a bit healthier.  Spaghetti squash!

Spaghetti squash is abundant and inexpensive at my Fall farmers market.  I usually cut it in half and roast it cut side down until soft.  Then I let it cool and pull out the spaghetti strings with a fork.  If I am using it in a casserole, I will wring out the excess moisture.  Give it a try!  

Here is a very easy recipe. https://www.thekitchn.com/easy-low-carb-meatball-stuffed-spaghetti-squash-262011D4DD6F7F-AF5C-474D-966A-9BB27321FE35.thumb.jpeg.ca603e87c3db2c9ff3554d51fe1406c0.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

I had to smile when I saw the wine today.  

Many, many, many years ago I was on my first business trip.  I went to a restaurant for dinner.  I decided to treat myself to a 1/2 bottle of wine to go with the meal.  It was Berlinger White Zinfandel.

That wine has had a soft spot in my heart every since.

Stay Safe, Everyone!

• Like 29

5 minutes ago, 0106 said:

@dfishThank you for the Daily recipes! Since Fall is in the air, I thought I’d provide an alternative to pasta for those who are watching their carbs or just want to eat a bit healthier.  Spaghetti squash!

Spaghetti squash is abundant and inexpensive at my Fall farmers market.  I usually cut it in half and roast it cut side down until soft.  Then I let it cool and pull out the spaghetti strings with a fork.  If I am using it in a casserole, I will wring out the excess moisture.  Give it a try!  

Here is a very easy recipe. https://www.thekitchn.com/easy-low-carb-meatball-stuffed-spaghetti-squash-262011D4DD6F7F-AF5C-474D-966A-9BB27321FE35.thumb.jpeg.ca603e87c3db2c9ff3554d51fe1406c0.jpeg

I love spaghetti squash!   I do this quite often when I want spaghetti.

• Like 22

A quick Good Morning from the Admirals Club Lounge at the Miami Airport as we wait to board our flight to Barbados.  I have about a half hour before we have to go to the gate.

Our flight from JAX was on time and we landed in MIA early.

Finally got some food.  We had to get up at 3:45 am this morning.

Thank you Rich for the Daily and the Fleet Report.  

My boyfriend is my wonderful husband.  We won’t mention priors.  Child health is of utmost importance.  I used to think I was a techie, but things move so fast these days that I just can’t keep up.  I need to get help now when I have a problem.  Or maybe I am just too lazy to try and handle it myself.

Thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration List and thank you for including us in both.  Our home situation will be a mess for quite a while.  

We are looking forward to celebrating our anniversary tomorrow in the place where we spent our honeymoon 41 years ago.  

i will try to post some photos during our stay.

I have not been to the port.

The quote is interesting.  Not sure I agree with it.  The boy who loves me is a gem.

As for the meal.  I really did not read the recipe.  However I am of Italian heritage.  We had pasta every Sunday.  Usually spaghetti and meatballs.  The leftovers would be for Thursday night.  My grandma would put some olive oil in a cast iron skillet and fry it until it was crisp.  It tasted better than Sunday’s meal.  I still do that sometimes when we have leftover pasta.  However, it is not always spaghetti and it is not always on Thursday.

It appears that our plane is on time.  What a miracle in this day and age.  I managed to buy a four pack of AirTags to keep track of our luggage.  It is a good thing.  On our first flight AA was showing that one bag was not scanned.  However the AirTag app showed all four were on the plane.  What a relief!

I am signing off.  The new time you hear from me will be from Barbados.

Thank you all for all your good wishes.

Have a great day everyone and God Bless

Terri

• Like 33
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm so glad I married my last boyfriend; it would have been terrible to have been stuck with one of the others.  Will definitely salute Child Health Day, especially with 2 littles in the family now.  I'm not a techie, but can usually figure things out with the help of some online videos.  DH, not so much.  LOL

You can tell fall is here by the lack of daylight in the mornings - I usually get up around 6 and it's pitch black.  The evenings are getting shorter too, so we have to turn on the lights in the house around 5:30 - it's not going to get better for a few months!  At least we don't have a lot of cold weather right now, we're still in the above freezing temperatures, and are keeping our fingers crossed that it stays that way for a while.

I just realized I really didn't have any reaction to either the flu shot or my 3rd Covid booster, other than a slightly stiff upper arm for 1 day from the booster.  I guess my body must be prepared to do battle this winter!

@Cruzin TerriI'm so glad to hear you're finally on your way - safe travels and enjoy your 41st honeymoon!

Not a lot going on today, just general clean up around the yard, doing battle with the pine cones and now falling leaves.  DH likes to mulch the leaves as he mows the lawn, but we have to pick up the pine cones that the little squirrel drops all over the place.  Because it's still nice out, I think we'll fire up the barbecue and grill some smokies tonight.  Along with fresh corn on the cob and some coleslaw, I think it'll make a nice dinner for us on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for those who are hurting, cheers to all the celebrants.  Stay safe, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 30

29 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

A quick Good Morning from the Admirals Club Lounge at the Miami Airport as we wait to board our flight to Barbados.  I have about a half hour before we have to go to the gate.

Our flight from JAX was on time and we landed in MIA early.

Finally got some food.  We had to get up at 3:45 am this morning.

Thank you Rich for the Daily and the Fleet Report.  

My boyfriend is my wonderful husband.  We won’t mention priors.  Child health is of utmost importance.  I used to think I was a techie, but things move so fast these days that I just can’t keep up.  I need to get help now when I have a problem.  Or maybe I am just too lazy to try and handle it myself.

Thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration List and thank you for including us in both.  Our home situation will be a mess for quite a while.  

We are looking forward to celebrating our anniversary tomorrow in the place where we spent our honeymoon 41 years ago.  

i will try to post some photos during our stay.

I have not been to the port.

The quote is interesting.  Not sure I agree with it.  The boy who loves me is a gem.

As for the meal.  I really did not read the recipe.  However I am of Italian heritage.  We had pasta every Sunday.  Usually spaghetti and meatballs.  The leftovers would be for Thursday night.  My grandma would put some olive oil in a cast iron skillet and fry it until it was crisp.  It tasted better than Sunday’s meal.  I still do that sometimes when we have leftover pasta.  However, it is not always spaghetti and it is not always on Thursday.

It appears that our plane is on time.  What a miracle in this day and age.  I managed to buy a four pack of AirTags to keep track of our luggage.  It is a good thing.  On our first flight AA was showing that one bag was not scanned.  However the AirTag app showed all four were on the plane.  What a relief!

I am signing off.  The new time you hear from me will be from Barbados.

Thank you all for all your good wishes.

Have a great day everyone and God Bless

Terri

Have a great time!

• Like 13