Cocoa Cay - Breakfast

7 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Does Cocoa Cay serve breakfast for those of the ship early .

Thanks!!

All food on island comes from the ship so once docked they then have to get all the food supplies off the ship and into the island. They then have to get everything prepared ready to serve. They have no way to be prepared to feed the masses breakfast ashore as priority is prepping for lunch.

Edited by Spurschick

1 hour ago, Spurschick said:

All food on island comes from the ship so once docked they then have to get all the food supplies off the ship and into the island. They then have to get everything prepared ready to serve. They have no way to be prepared to feed the masses breakfast ashore as priority is prepping for lunch.

You obviously haven't been there lately.  Things have changed.

But they still don't serve breakfast, nor should they.  

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

How so?  In March it looked like everything was being sourced from the ship along with the workers?

5 minutes ago, poocher said:

How so?  In March it looked like everything was being sourced from the ship along with the workers?

There is definitely housing on the island.  I asked a worker when we were there in July and he said they stay on the island.  I'm sure the ships bring supplies. 

28 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

There is definitely housing on the island.  I asked a worker when we were there in July and he said they stay on the island.  I'm sure the ships bring supplies. 

Yes, there is some housing on the island for certain staff for the island. And, many staff from the ship leave the ship and work on the island for the day. I've watched from my balcony during morning preparations along with my neighbors on their balconies. We've watched many staff from the ship exit and go on the island to work along with the many food and supplies being taken onto the island by other staff. I've seen staff that I know from the ship working on the island. I say a quick hello and keep it moving because they are working. It's a big team effort and they do a great job. The staff return to the ship after working. We've seen them reporting back and again, will sometimes say hello. 

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

What are the recent changes on the island? Will be there again in early December. 

7 hours ago, blueslily said:

Yes, there is some housing on the island for certain staff for the island. And, many staff from the ship leave the ship and work on the island for the day. I've watched from my balcony during morning preparations along with my neighbors on their balconies. We've watched many staff from the ship exit and go on the island to work along with the many food and supplies being taken onto the island by other staff. I've seen staff that I know from the ship working on the island. I say a quick hello and keep it moving because they are working. It's a big team effort and they do a great job. The staff return to the ship after working. We've seen them reporting back and again, will sometimes say hello. 

Not surprised by that either.  I was just saying there is definitely housing on the island.  Here's a picture I took from one of the slides...

GOPR8502.JPG

16 hours ago, brillohead said:

Well I was at Coco Cay 2 weeks ago as well as  Labadee and we were discussing it with the crew in the Suite lounge.

it makes sense for RC to take their own supplies where else do you think they are they getting the food from? 

Edited by Spurschick

15 hours ago, poocher said:

There are about 200 employees on the island. They work on contract like those on the ship, living in the island dorms for 6 months. Yes, some of the staff comes from the ship, but there is a large contingent of Bahamian staff. 

• Thanks 1