Plat/Diam PRIORITY check-in AND BOARDING is back

IntrepidFromDC

Just now, mom2tcdx2 said:

As long as we can still drop off the bags in the stateroom early, I am not really worried about the room being ready.  From what I read we can still drop off the bag, which is the main thing I would want to be able to do.  

This. When I get onboard I want to ditch my luggage and then go eat lunch and explore without dragging the bag around. I don't need to hang out in the cabin, too much other fun to be had! 

• Like 7

On 11/1/2022 at 8:09 PM, cruizinisthebest said:

That person said they had never been promised to be ready when you board, not since the restart. So the word never was incorrect. Cause they had been before the shutdown.

I really fail to see the point of them supposedly bringing back priority when they have been saying all along that you could go to your cabin and drop things off, then leave anyway. This "news" is the same difference. I never liked the idea of going in the room to drop things off. It's just being in the way IMO. Either I can go to my cabin as soon as I board (regardless of time) or not. Not to mention there's conveniently zero mention of plats/diamonds being able to use the lounge again. 

I agree, this is really no change from my cruise last month.  I was able to go to my room and drop off my luggage but my cabin was not ready.   Prior to boarding they routed me to a specific area, presumably the diamond/platinum lounge area, but boarding began shortly after.

• Like 3

On 11/1/2022 at 6:23 PM, FTLCruiseGal said:

This was just posted a little over an hour ago.  I would say to recheck your cruise documents later tonight or tomorrow to see if it changed. 

It has been 2 days now, and the boarding pass still says Arrival Time, 10:30 AM boarding Zone A02.  Does not say Boarding Zone "Priority" so basically nothing has changed, maybe the line you stand in outside, but not the calling priority to get on the ship, looks like you still have to wait for your zone to be called.  Also luggage tags still do not say Priority 

4 minutes ago, lele100 said:

It has been 2 days now, and the boarding pass still says Arrival Time, 10:30 AM boarding Zone A02.  Does not say Boarding Zone "Priority" so basically nothing has changed, maybe the line you stand in outside, but not the calling priority to get on the ship, looks like you still have to wait for your zone to be called.  Also luggage tags still do not say Priority 

Same here for my MG cruise next week. I'll keep checking, but not holding my breath. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Same here for my MG cruise next week. I'll keep checking, but not holding my breath. 

I was wondering the same thing. At least it says Platinum , at least on mine it does so I’m assuming they have a priority line and will see that it says our level. my luggage tags say Platinum so maybe that’s all they need.
Also, will we be allowed in the VIP lounge at Terminal 3 PC?  During covid they only let Suite guests in but it seats 500 people so I hope they let Suites, Diamond and Platinum in there. Since they will call those first to board you would think they would keep us together. 

Edited by Enggrl

5 minutes ago, Enggrl said:

I was wondering the same thing. At least it says Platinum , at least on mine it does so I’m assuming they have a priority line and will see that it says our level. my luggage tags say Platinum so maybe that’s all they need.
Also, will we be allowed in the VIP lounge at Terminal 3 PC?  During covid they only let Suite guests in but it seats 500 people so I hope they let Suites, Diamond and Platinum in there. Since they will call those first to board you would think they would keep us together. 

Hopefully they allow us in that lounge. 

If you see someone rolling a bright peace sign luggage set, that's me! I managed to pack into carry on only this time, whoo hoo! 

• Like 1

Just now, pirate4me2 said:

Hopefully they allow us in that lounge. 

If you see someone rolling a bright peace sign luggage set, that's me! I managed to pack into carry on only this time, whoo hoo! 

I will look for you! I could never mange that, it’s a huge suitcase and a smaller rolling one for me. 😃

43 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

How do guests who need special assistance fit in?  Are they given any priority, or do they just board with assigned boarding number?

Yes, I'm pretty sure there is some priority given.  I cannot remember for sure what it was before Covid.  Maybe someone else can give insight there.

42 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

As long as we can still drop off the bags in the stateroom early, I am not really worried about the room being ready.  From what I read we can still drop off the bag, which is the main thing I would want to be able to do.  

We like dropping off our bags, but we also prefer full access to the room.  We like going back after we eat and relaxing while the public areas are so chaotic.  Before, we were typically unpacked and relaxing before the 1:30 time.  On our cruises this year, that time between 12:30 and 1:30 was horrible as everyone was gathering in public areas just waiting for rooms to be ready.  The areas just outside hallways would be packed for 30+ minutes with people waiting.

15 minutes ago, grantbob said:

We turn platinum on our next cruise (luggage tags already say platinum). I know the perks onboard will be available for the whole cruise, but does anyone know if I can do my online check-in the two days early this time?

in your cruise manager it should show you the date the check in becomes available. i am turning platinum on my next cruise and the new check in date already shows up in my account

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, grantbob said:

We turn platinum on our next cruise (luggage tags already say platinum). I know the perks onboard will be available for the whole cruise, but does anyone know if I can do my online check-in the two days early this time?

Yes you will be able to pick your check-in time two days earlier. Congratulations!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

How do guests who need special assistance fit in?  Are they given any priority, or do they just board with assigned boarding number?

2 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure there is some priority given.  I cannot remember for sure what it was before Covid.  Maybe someone else can give insight there.

They technically eliminated priority for ADA customers prior to Covid; however, in my experience that is entirely port-dependent.  Some embarkation ports have continued providing priority boarding for those customers, others have them board with their boarding zone (or as assistants are available, for those who have wheelchair assistance).

Edited by Schoifmom
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2022 at 3:04 PM, illinoisfive said:

we are Platinum and our luggage tags for our upcoming cruise say Platinum not Proirity

hopefully luggage will be delivered as Priority as stated in letter

After reading your post, I just checked my luggage tags for our upcoming cruise.  Usually our tags say Platinum but since we have a suite this time, they say Priority.  

Since our bags rarely arrive until close to sail away, I’m curious if our bags will actually show up early this time.  

On 11/2/2022 at 3:04 PM, illinoisfive said:

we are Platinum and our luggage tags for our upcoming cruise say Platinum not Proirity

hopefully luggage will be delivered as Priority as stated in letter

I just checked in for my cruise in two weeks this a.m. and was disappointed to see my luggage tags just say "Platinum" and not "Priority" like the Suite guests are getting. 

Maybe they haven't updated the system yet to include Platinum. Maybe I'll just try to cram my stuff in two bags and just carry it all on directly to my stateroom. Lol.

36 minutes ago, Island Dog said:

I just checked in for my cruise in two weeks this a.m. and was disappointed to see my luggage tags just say "Platinum" and not "Priority" like the Suite guests are getting. 

Maybe they haven't updated the system yet to include Platinum. Maybe I'll just try to cram my stuff in two bags and just carry it all on directly to my stateroom. Lol.

We cruise in 8 days and are Platinum, our tags still say Platinum not priority. Our boarding pass has Platinum in the top right corner in small type. Who knows what will happen when we get to the port. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 11:24 AM, Enggrl said:

I fully expect the Suite area to remain Suite only.  The sign isn't temporary.  

On 11/1/2022 at 5:41 PM, Lee Cruiser said:

Unfortunately, rooms still won’t be ready when boarding.

I have often gone to my room to drop off my bags and the room is ready.  So it depends on the steward,.

They usually do the plat/diamond rooms first.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

I fully expect the Suite area to remain Suite only.  The sign isn't temporary.  

The sign on a video I watched says VIP. Also Diamonds and  Platinums board before Suites so I’m not sure.

On 11/1/2022 at 6:21 PM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I wonder if this means FTTF will be returning soon, as well.

FTTF is still listed as a category for pre-cruise spending, so one would think they plan on bringing back this pure profit item. 

On his facebook page, John Heald did say that FTTF will be back soon as well.