Room Service

JerseyShore

Back in the old days (pre-covid) I used to write extra things on the door hanger for room service breakfast, eggs, bacon, etc., and I would almost always get it.  I don't know if that was an Elite thing or what, but it used to work.  Now, who knows?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kay S said:

Back in the old days (pre-covid) I used to write extra things on the door hanger for room service breakfast, eggs, bacon, etc., and I would almost always get it.  I don't know if that was an Elite thing or what, but it used to work.  Now, who knows?

I’ve heard about people doing this even a few months ago. I’m hoping they will still do this on my next cruise. Eating eggs Benedict in bed is my idea of bliss.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Potstech said:

My SIL was told by her room steward to never use the app for room service, always call. Especially in the morning.  Use door card for just small items as well as write ins.

I always call but only because I have food allergies. I do feel bad when I call though because it feels like I am giving them more work than they would have if the app was used. I wonder why the room steward told your SIL to call?  

23 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I always call but only because I have food allergies. I do feel bad when I call though because it feels like I am giving them more work than they would have if the app was used. I wonder why the room steward told your SIL to call?  

A cruise is all about quality and service. I would only feel annoyed if my call did not produce excellent service.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, JerseyShore said:

Is there a way to order eggs or omelets via Dine My Way?   I have searched & the only breakfast item I can find is the egg muffin sandwich 

You can just write it on the breakfast card.  I ordered scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes and an english muffin pretty much every day last week.  

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Kay S said:

We used to do the same thing and like you it worked.  I think it changed when Carnival took over, no sure.  We used to go out of SF a lot once the Matre'd changed, never got it.   It was nice, we always keep our write ins to something easy to do, like scrambled eggs or eggs over easy.   Tried a few times on a Coral Princess cruise in late 2019, never worked.  They ignored write ins.  

2 hours ago, suekel said:

You can just write it on the breakfast card.  I ordered scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes and an english muffin pretty much every day last week.  

Will try again, since it worked for you last week. 

3 hours ago, suekel said:

I did the same last week with disappointing results.  Of course that is probably because I wasn't on a cruise and Mrs Ldubs did not see the humor.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

6 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Because it took her so long to get her order using the app.  Her steward on the cruise, in June on the Caribbean Princess, heard her complain that it was taking way to long to get it after the first 2 days of the cruise. Over 30 minutes.  That was when she was told how to order.  From then on less than 10 minutes by phone and right on time using the door card.

1 minute ago, Potstech said:

Because it took her so long to get her order using the app.  Her steward on the cruise, in June on the Caribbean Princess, heard her complain that it was taking way to long to get it after the first 2 days of the cruise. Over 30 minutes.  That was when she was told how to order.  From then on less than 10 minutes by phone and right on time using the door card.

That’s a great amount of time. I would call and place my order and it would usually take close to an hour before I received it. This was on the Discovery Princess B2B.

10 hours ago, Lizabu said:

I’ve heard about people doing this even a few months ago. I’m hoping they will still do this on my next cruise. Eating eggs Benedict in bed is my idea of bliss.

My DW gets her Eggs Benedict, juice, fruit and coffee with 2 creams on request.   Always great service when she is on a cruise.  I'm a lot slower at delivery at home.  Always out of fruit and hollandaise takes a while to make.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

My DW gets her Eggs Benedict, juice, fruit and coffee with 2 creams on request.   Always great service when she is on a cruise.  I'm a lot slower at delivery at home.  Always out of fruit and hollandaise takes a while to make.

I wish my spouse knew how to make hollandaise 🤣

I ordered bacon. I wanted 4 slices of bacon so I wrote "4" next to it. I got 4 orders of bacon. GAH!!! That was a lot of bacon! I'd be worried that, if I ordered Eggs Benedict, it would arrive "warm" at best. I've had EB in the main dining room for breakfast that was terrible. It had obviously been sitting under a warming light. It was barely warm, the muffin was hard, and the Hollandaise was meager and had dried to a crust. On our last cruise (May) I had EB for breakfast a couple of times in the dining room and both times it was absolutely perfect.

1 hour ago, Lizabu said:

I wish my spouse knew how to make hollandaise 🤣

You can always make it yourself. It's not really that difficult. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

I ordered bacon. I wanted 4 slices of bacon so I wrote "4" next to it. I got 4 orders of bacon. GAH!!! That was a lot of bacon! I'd be worried that, if I ordered Eggs Benedict, it would arrive "warm" at best. I've had EB in the main dining room for breakfast that was terrible. It had obviously been sitting under a warming light. It was barely warm, the muffin was hard, and the Hollandaise was meager and had dried to a crust. On our last cruise (May) I had EB for breakfast a couple of times in the dining room and both times it was absolutely perfect.

You can always make it yourself. It's not really that difficult. 😁

When ordering eggs Benedict order sauce on the side.   That way you get fresh and not a dish that has been sitting under warming lights.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've written special items on the door card for every cruise and received it.  Just got off a ship in Sept, did the same and got it.  

I'll be sailing princess again in Jan.  I'll revisit and tell you how it went (if I remember).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pedirn said:

When ordering eggs Benedict order sauce on the side.   That way you get fresh and not a dish that has been sitting under warming lights.

Tried that before the shutdown and still got poop. Did it twice on our cruise in May and had excellent results. Hopefully that will be how things go in the future as well. Guess I'll find out in December.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I can ask a basic room service charge question. Does Princess add any basic service charge when a meal is delivered to any cabin category if no individual menu items chosen have an upcharge?

There is no basic service charge for room service. 

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Thanks 1

On 11/4/2022 at 5:32 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Always out of fruit and hollandaise takes a while to make.

It is a bit of a pain to make, and takes about 30 minutes to make from scratch.  And then I have to find something to do with the egg whites, because Hollandaise uses only the yolks.

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I can ask a basic room service charge question. Does Princess add any basic service charge when a meal is delivered to any cabin category if no individual menu items chosen have an upcharge?

Only $3.00 for Pizza

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1