Elite Do you get drink vouchers to use all day or just to use between 5-7 pm. How many vouchers do elite get.

ILOVESHIPS

On 11/9/2022 at 4:41 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I see those colour out my front door !😁
and then rain , freezing rain and snow 🤣

Spent most of September and October in the Gaspe and St John areas.  Weather was beautiful.

As for drinks - you are NOT limited to only those mixed drinks on the list.  As nicely and bartenders are willing to do requests and often with upgraded booze.

As for drinks during the day?  At home I can usually make it till 5pm.  Same on board.

Good part of X is with package you could get maybe 30+ drinks if you tried and could navigate your way to a bar.  Royal limited to 15 a day on our last cruise.  Same for Princess.

42 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Spent most of September and October in the Gaspe and St John areas.  Weather was beautiful.

As for drinks - you are NOT limited to only those mixed drinks on the list.  As nicely and bartenders are willing to do requests and often with upgraded booze.

As for drinks during the day?  At home I can usually make it till 5pm.  Same on board.

Good part of X is with package you could get maybe 30+ drinks if you tried and could navigate your way to a bar.  Royal limited to 15 a day on our last cruise.  Same for Princess.

I was on the Edge this past January and bartender was giving me Aperol spritzers during the HH which I don't believe are included in Elite drinks.  Do they keep track of ounces poured and where they are allocated? 

20 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I was on the Edge this past January and bartender was giving me Aperol spritzers during the HH which I don't believe are included in Elite drinks.  Do they keep track of ounces poured and where they are allocated? 

If you had a drinks package the Elite benefit was irrelevant. 

17 minutes ago, the penguins said:

If you had a drinks package the Elite benefit was irrelevant. 

I didn't take the package on that cruise.  I did on the May Eclipse to Hawaii with upgrade to Premium.  BTW the Aperol I make at home is far better than those onboard. 

4 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

This year was definitely different,

we were in Northern Iceland in September with jackets on since it was so warm out 

also out at midnight on the bow looking for the Northern Light in light jacket 

didn’t see any of the lights 😢

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

10 minutes ago, luvintravel said:

RCCL does it. We were on Symphony of the Seas (6000+ passengers) in September and they managed it.

Well I will just have to let Celebrity know perhaps they will break down.  😆 

On 11/10/2022 at 11:47 PM, D C said:

Anyone know why embarkation day is excluded. 

I wondered that too. Most people are going to want a drink for sail away, or is that just us ? 

Enjoy that first time the ship pulls away from port, everyone is excited and chatty, especially nice ports like Southampton with the sail away down through the solent, around Isle of Wight and out to the open ocean 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

I wondered that too. Most people are going to want a drink for sail away, or is that just us ? 

Enjoy that first time the ship pulls away from port, everyone is excited and chatty, especially nice ports like Southampton with the sail away down through the solent, around Isle of Wight and out to the open ocean 

and there you have it ..  Most people are going to want a drink for sail away,

A major money making event!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

and there you have it ..  Most people are going to want a drink for sail away,

A major money making event!

I really don't agree with it and for that reason I won't purchase one I always have my own drink ready for sail away anyway. If Celebrity is going to offer drinks for Elite members during HH which is 5 to 7 pm then offer it for the entire cruise and stop making exceptions.  

• Like 3

One night that they don’t provide you Free alcohol and the rest that they do has always been the policy.  If you don’t like it you can always book Royal or some all inclusive line.  Or go to world class bar since you say that you are happy to buy the drinks there regardless.

Edited by Alakegirl
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

One night that they don’t provide you Free alcohol and the rest that they do has always been the policy.  If you don’t like it you can always book Royal or some all inclusive line.  Or go to world class bar since you say that you are happy to buy the drinks there regardless.

@Alakegirljust because that's always been the policy doesn't mean they cannot change it. Silly policy if you ask me.  Should be all or nothing. Maybe they will eliminate it on debarkation day next. 

49 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

@Alakegirljust because that's always been the policy doesn't mean they cannot change it. Silly policy if you ask me.  Should be all or nothing. Maybe they will eliminate it on debarkation day next. 

Your debarkation day is my embarkation day, and neither of us will be getting drinks during the 5-7 HH.

Edited by thebutlerdidit

8 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Your debarkation day is my embarkation day, and neither of us will be getting drinks during the 5-7 HH.

You are correct. I meant to say night before debarkation. What I'm trying to get at is Celebrity does not give their loyal guests a lot in the way of perks and the ones they do offer are being taken away little by little. One of the perks I enjoyed when in a CC was having use of Persian Gardens on a port day while it was quiet.  Well now on the Edge class of ships that perk has been eliminated. 

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

We've always thought that CC policy sucked. And now Celebrity doesn't even hand out a cheap glass of sparkling wine at embarkation. At least they didn't on our September Summit cruise. But we have been purchasing the CBP since it was introduced as a bundled option even before AI. But not everyone does. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We've always thought that CC policy sucked. And now Celebrity doesn't even hand out a cheap glass of sparkling wine at embarkation. At least they didn't on our September Summit cruise. But we have been purchasing the CBP since it was introduced as a bundled option even before AI. But not everyone does. 

@davekathyyeah I forgot about the sparkling champagne on boarding   it was a nice touch and they discontinued that since my first post covid sail a year ago and doubt they will re-introduce.  I sometimes purchase the AI and upgrade to premium all depends on the cruise only price.