? About bringing Wine -? Cups

Momperson3

Hello—going on the Edge in a couple of weeks.  I know we can bring a couple of bottles of wine with us. Do we have to consume in our cabin?   What do you do about glasses/cups.  Do we bring some?  Can we walk around ship with our wine.  I know we can take to MDR & pay corkage fee— don’t want that.  
It’s been several years (pre Covid)since we’ve cruised & the last 3 we’ve had drink package.  Not this time 😢.   
We do plan on still buying drinks too

thank you 

3 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Just ask your stateroom attendant for wine glasses.  And yes, you can walk around the ship carrying wine glasses -- just be careful not to spill on your fellow passengers.

Are you making this up?  I can just wander around a ship with a fistful of alcohol?  You learn something new every day.

• Haha 1

They will provide glasses and corkscrew in your room to use.  Take glasses anywhere you wish.  L you do not have to consume in your cabin. Just leave them at any bar or restaurant. Your stateroom attendant will give you fresh replacements. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Are you making this up?  I can just wander around a ship with a fistful of alcohol?  You learn something new every day.

Quite true.  You can bring two bottles of wine pp when you board.  Your cabin steward will bring glasses.  Theoretically you should drink in your cabin, but no one knows or cares if your glass was filled at a bar or in your cabin.

Edited by smtcan
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, kathynorth said:

Yes, you can fill your wine glass in your cabin and wander around the ship with it. You can also take your wine into the MDR with you. You only need to pay corkage if you bring the bottle into the dining room.

Sure someone will correct me if wrong but Celebrity recently changed the policy that if you have a drink package you are no longer charged corkage fee in MDR or other restaurants.   To me that makes a lot of sense.

image.thumb.png.85cc97c18be055656f78e02deb4939e9.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sure someone will correct me if wrong but Celebrity recently changed the policy that if you have a drink package you are no longer charged corkage fee in MDR or other restaurants.   To me that makes a lot of sense.

image.thumb.png.85cc97c18be055656f78e02deb4939e9.png

Yes Jim, that's the way I understand the rules. If you have a drink package you can bring in your own bottle of wine without having a corkage fee. The OP mentioned they don't have a drink package for this cruise, which provides context to my response. I should have provided info referencing with no drink package in my statement. Thanks for clarifying this.

2 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

I usually ask for a couple of glasses at one of the bars. Also, I bring my own corkscrew.

34 minutes ago, ehall said:

I don't know if they provide a stopper.  So if you don't plan on drinking the whole bottle at once, you may want to throw one of those rubber stoppers in your bag too.  

Our cabin attendant provided us with a corkscrew, but not stopper. He said he couldn't find any stoppers. We just forced the cork back into the bottle until the next night. I'll have to remember to bring a stopper the next time we cruise sail only. 

8 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I just get screw top wines. I've even gotten them from the France pavilion in Epcot Center - where it's legit French wine.

Screw tops ain't just for trash wine anymore.

When our corkscrew was confiscated before a flight to Europe due to its 1/2 in. knife-like foil cutter, I panicked and our first mission when we arrived in Frankfurt was to find a corkscrew. Hard to come by so we purchased a Peugeot branded model for @25 euro! 

Never used it because every bottle of wine we bought in Germany, France and Switzerland had a screw top!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I just get screw top wines. I've even gotten them from the France pavilion in Epcot Center - where it's legit French wine.

Screw tops ain't just for trash wine anymore.

For anything less than something like a Chateau Latour Grand Vin I would absolutely get screw top unfortunately not all reasonable wines come with a screw top.

On 1/9/2023 at 9:50 PM, kathynorth said:

Yes, you can fill your wine glass in your cabin and wander around the ship with it. You can also take your wine into the MDR with you. You only need to pay corkage if you bring the bottle into the dining room.

No corkage fee if you have a drink package. 

On 1/9/2023 at 11:37 PM, NMTraveller said:

You can also ask your stateroom attendant for a champagne ice bucket to chill your champagne if that is your preference.

We were in Concierge on our last cruise and asked for a bottle of red wine instead of the bottle sparkling wine you get. Our cabin steward, bless his heart, brought us a nice Merlot... and chilled it in an ice bucket! 😄

• Haha 2

On 1/9/2023 at 10:28 PM, Northern Aurora said:

Just ask your stateroom attendant for wine glasses.  And yes, you can walk around the ship carrying wine glasses -- just be careful not to spill on your fellow passengers.

A wine goblet with a lid prevents the spillage….I’ve had my arm knocked too often on the elevator while carrying a glass to enjoy on my balcony.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, tarps said:

A wine goblet with a lid prevents the spillage….I’ve had my arm knocked too often on the elevator while carrying a glass to enjoy on my balcony.

The pool in my condo complex does not allow alcohol, me and my Yeti have found a way around this rule, and yes no alcohol is posted at the gate to the pool, but like shorts in the MDR, the times they are a changing...

23 hours ago, Boytjie said:

We were in Concierge on our last cruise and asked for a bottle of red wine instead of the bottle sparkling wine you get. Our cabin steward, bless his heart, brought us a nice Merlot... and chilled it in an ice bucket! 😄

A good deed gone bad indeed.   

My DW even likes her white wines at room temperature.  

On 1/11/2023 at 12:03 AM, Boytjie said:

In summer I might chill my red wine for 10 minutes.  My wine fridge is not very cold.

• Like 1