The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday January 30th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We still have a landline, but it has voicemail attached to it, so no extra machine.  Ours is pretty inane, but a friend of ours had "Hey, whatcha doin?" as his.  Who doesn't love bubble wrap?  I'd like to escape, but if it means another flight, I'm prepared to stay home for a while.

It's time to put on the layers, as it's currently -28C (-18F) with a wind chill of -38C (-32F), and it isn't going to improve much throughout the day.  The positive thing is that we are not under an extreme cold warning - woo hoo!  

There are things to do today; make an appointment with the denturist to completely fix DH's front tooth onto his partial plate.  Fortunately the crazy glue I used the morning before we left held throughout the cruise.  DH was very careful with what he ate, and at times, even went without his plate a couple of days.  He was very self conscious, so those were his "no smiling" days.    We have to take our Ford Escape in to get new tires - after sitting for 3 weeks, the front tires were at 15 and 18 pounds each; they should have been 30.  They've been giving us grief for some time, so now we won't have to worry about getting a "low tire" signal whenever we get in the vehicle.

@HAL Sailerbelated Happy Birthday to you; I hope you will find the time to celebrate yourself - you are most deserving!

@Seasick Sailorsending good vibes as you endure the oral surgeon today.

@kazuI'm happy to hear you had a relatively restful night; hopefully this is the beginning of your healing.

@rafinmdignore what the night nurse said - why would you tell someone something like that in the middle of the night?  Really!!

@mamaofamiyou haven't mentioned Sam's progress for a good while; I hope it is going well.  And how are the aides working out?

Okay, first world problem - I bought a beautiful handmade coffee mug at one of our ports last week but there are issues with it.  First of all, it doesn't hold the heat well; second is that I can hear the finish crack (you know, that "tink" sound) when I'm drinking.  I'm not sure if the thing is going to fall apart, or what?  Maybe some of you are familiar with ceramics and can enlighten me as to whether or not I should just toss it.

I think I'd like to try the drink of the day; I've never had one with kiwi in it.  Today's wine sounds nice, but is way out of my budget, so will take a pass.  I could eat turkey every day, but DH only wants the stuffing, so likely won't be using today's recipe.  It's ugly cold out there, so I think today is a good day to put a pot of stew on the stove and let it simmer throughout the day.  Beef stew and some crusty buns will be what we'll enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all who are in need, cheers to all with celebrations going on.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

My apologies for not listing your cruise.  I missed it somehow.  What ship and dates please?

Nothing to apologize for. It's not on HAL. Norwegian Getaway, February 1-6, Bermuda. Booked only a few weeks ago.

Edited by kochleffel
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, everyone!  

We had a little more snow last night, not enough to call out the plow service, but enough to know we got it.  It was a pretty quiet day here yesterday and I did not venture out.  This morning I am going to my exercise class at the gym.  

@HAL Sailer I am so sorry to hear of your difficulties.  There are so many unscrupulous people in this world who prey on the rest of us.  We must always be vigilant.  I remember having to untangle a mess for my dad when he got a collections letter for not paying his cable bill at a house in Memphis that he never owned, lived in, or even visited.  

@rafinmd Roy, I echo what others have said.  I sure hope they have changed  your status from observation to inpatient.  Knowing you, you will be home.  It may take a week, but you will get home.  

@kazu Great news that you slept better last night.  Let that trend continue!  

@Seasick Sailor Good luck with the dental surgery today!

@luvteaching I'm glad to hear that DH is progressing and hope he will be home soon.  

When I saw today's meal my first reaction was that we had just had that.  What we had was slow-cooker turkey breast and today we have instant pot turkey breast.  I suppose in a couple of weeks we'll have air fryer turkey breast.    Anyways, let's get started with this easy first recipe:  https://www.crunchycreamysweet.com/instant-pot-turkey-breast-recipe/

2037641083_instantpotturkeybreast1.thumb.jpg.ecf9933e845cd4ca76611bea6a45ca5c.jpg

This one has a different seasoning mix for the rub you put on the turkey.  That rub makes a big difference.   https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/best-ever-turkey-breast-recipe-instant-pot/

339713152_instantpotturkeybreast2.thumb.jpg.afc07835301337e8de9d97b69f95cb9b.jpg

This one's herb rub is different again.   https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/instant-pot-turkey-breast/

1744715100_instantpotturkeybreast3.thumb.jpg.6fa3256000dfd782f738dab1e269c32a.jpg

This one makes an herb butter paste that is spread thickly all over the turkey breast.  I bet the turkey comes out moist and crispy at the same time.  https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/instant-pot-turkey-breast/

1138390105_instantpotturkeybreast4.thumb.jpg.193d933163f68132a86a0f28025825c6.jpg

Well, that's all folks!   I hope one of these is to your liking and that you can use it sometime, if not tonight.  I'm finishing up my chicken vegetable soup from last week.  

I haven't forgotten the picture of the newly painted bedroom.  I'm waiting for Sue to get here to help me load the dresser into the room.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day.   

• Like 28
  • Thanks 8

1 minute ago, kochleffel said:

It's not on HAL. Norwegian Getaway, February 1-6, Bermuda. Booked only a few weeks ago.

Thank you!  We still want to cheer you on as enjoy your cruise.  My upcoming cruise isn't on HAL either.  I'll add you tomorrow.

• Like 17

Good Monday Morning Dailyites!  The computer currently says 48 and cloudy.  When I sat down to read it said 53 and cloudy, I wonder where the thermometer is in this thing.  It is cloudy.  The weather for central Georgia is rain all week , until Friday, when the sky is supposed to clear up and then drop below freezing.

@rafinmdI would definitely talk to the doctor, and get his opinion.  Your nurse last night is a real downer.  If you need to stay in the hospital to get your oxygen level back up, and your low sodium back up, and to get the pneumonia gone then good.  But as every one here knows your are very involved with the active living life style, he doesnt know that.

I like the Dylan quote, because I believe we all have the choice of being reborn, by travel, education and being involved with the human race.  It's when we sit, give up, and don't dream of a future anymore.  So, I try to stay busy being born.

@StLouisCruisersThank you for taking on all of these Daily events, I know that I dont have the computer knowledge to offer, so I hope that someone can take over for you when you take your vacation.

Thank you all for the information you gave me last night.  I hope I do you all proud when I finally get on the BHB in Vancouver in May.

An old boss would get her mail sent to the office.  If it involved bubble wrap she would cut it in pieces and give all of us a piece to pop all the bubbles.  It made the day better.

Funny-bubble-wrap-cat.jpg

We still have a home phone because our county cant find you if you call with an emergency on a cell phone.  And it makes it easier for my MIL to find us.  And when I am on the work phones, and need to call the boss, it helps me to have the ability to use two phones at once, well actually 3....

@kazuGlad you got some rest!

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 29

27 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We still have a landline, but it has voicemail attached to it, so no extra machine.  Ours is pretty inane, but a friend of ours had "Hey, whatcha doin?" as his.  Who doesn't love bubble wrap?  I'd like to escape, but if it means another flight, I'm prepared to stay home for a while.

It's time to put on the layers, as it's currently -28C (-18F) with a wind chill of -38C (-32F), and it isn't going to improve much throughout the day.  The positive thing is that we are not under an extreme cold warning - woo hoo!  

There are things to do today; make an appointment with the denturist to completely fix DH's front tooth onto his partial plate.  Fortunately the crazy glue I used the morning before we left held throughout the cruise.  DH was very careful with what he ate, and at times, even went without his plate a couple of days.  He was very self conscious, so those were his "no smiling" days.    We have to take our Ford Escape in to get new tires - after sitting for 3 weeks, the front tires were at 15 and 18 pounds each; they should have been 30.  They've been giving us grief for some time, so now we won't have to worry about getting a "low tire" signal whenever we get in the vehicle.

@HAL Sailerbelated Happy Birthday to you; I hope you will find the time to celebrate yourself - you are most deserving!

@Seasick Sailorsending good vibes as you endure the oral surgeon today.

@kazuI'm happy to hear you had a relatively restful night; hopefully this is the beginning of your healing.

@rafinmdignore what the night nurse said - why would you tell someone something like that in the middle of the night?  Really!!

@mamaofamiyou haven't mentioned Sam's progress for a good while; I hope it is going well.  And how are the aides working out?

Okay, first world problem - I bought a beautiful handmade coffee mug at one of our ports last week but there are issues with it.  First of all, it doesn't hold the heat well; second is that I can hear the finish crack (you know, that "tink" sound) when I'm drinking.  I'm not sure if the thing is going to fall apart, or what?  Maybe some of you are familiar with ceramics and can enlighten me as to whether or not I should just toss it.

I think I'd like to try the drink of the day; I've never had one with kiwi in it.  Today's wine sounds nice, but is way out of my budget, so will take a pass.  I could eat turkey every day, but DH only wants the stuffing, so likely won't be using today's recipe.  It's ugly cold out there, so I think today is a good day to put a pot of stew on the stove and let it simmer throughout the day.  Beef stew and some crusty buns will be what we'll enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all who are in need, cheers to all with celebrations going on.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Gerry, that is just too darn cold!!  Please DO stay inside and enjoy your homemade stew with homemade buns.  And wine!   Sorry I have no experience with ceramics but I might be tempted not to use it anymore or even toss it.  

18 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!  

We had a little more snow last night, not enough to call out the plow service, but enough to know we got it.  It was a pretty quiet day here yesterday and I did not venture out.  This morning I am going to my exercise class at the gym.  

@HAL Sailer I am so sorry to hear of your difficulties.  There are so many unscrupulous people in this world who prey on the rest of us.  We must always be vigilant.  I remember having to untangle a mess for my dad when he got a collections letter for not paying his cable bill at a house in Memphis that he never owned, lived in, or even visited.  

@rafinmd Roy, I echo what others have said.  I sure hope they have changed  your status from observation to inpatient.  Knowing you, you will be home.  It may take a week, but you will get home.  

@kazu Great news that you slept better last night.  Let that trend continue!  

@Seasick Sailor Good luck with the dental surgery today!

@luvteaching I'm glad to hear that DH is progressing and hope he will be home soon.  

When I saw today's meal my first reaction was that we had just had that.  What we had was slow-cooker turkey breast and today we have instant pot turkey breast.  I suppose in a couple of weeks we'll have air fryer turkey breast.    Anyways, let's get started with this easy first recipe:  https://www.crunchycreamysweet.com/instant-pot-turkey-breast-recipe/

2037641083_instantpotturkeybreast1.thumb.jpg.ecf9933e845cd4ca76611bea6a45ca5c.jpg

This one has a different seasoning mix for the rub you put on the turkey.  That rub makes a big difference.   https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/best-ever-turkey-breast-recipe-instant-pot/

339713152_instantpotturkeybreast2.thumb.jpg.afc07835301337e8de9d97b69f95cb9b.jpg

This one's herb rub is different again.   https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/instant-pot-turkey-breast/

1744715100_instantpotturkeybreast3.thumb.jpg.6fa3256000dfd782f738dab1e269c32a.jpg

This one makes an herb butter paste that is spread thickly all over the turkey breast.  I bet the turkey comes out moist and crispy at the same time.  https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/instant-pot-turkey-breast/

1138390105_instantpotturkeybreast4.thumb.jpg.193d933163f68132a86a0f28025825c6.jpg

Well, that's all folks!   I hope one of these is to your liking and that you can use it sometime, if not tonight.  I'm finishing up my chicken vegetable soup from last week.  

I haven't forgotten the picture of the newly painted bedroom.  I'm waiting for Sue to get here to help me load the dresser into the room.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day.   

Debbie, the turkey photos look so good!  Made me hungry for sliced turkey sandwiches.  Thank you!  And we can't wait to see how your new bedroom looks.  When is Sue coming down?

7 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Monday Morning Dailyites!  The computer currently says 48 and cloudy.  When I sat down to read it said 53 and cloudy, I wonder where the thermometer is in this thing.  It is cloudy.  The weather for central Georgia is rain all week , until Friday, when the sky is supposed to clear up and then drop below freezing.

@rafinmdI would definitely talk to the doctor, and get his opinion.  Your nurse last night is a real downer.  If you need to stay in the hospital to get your oxygen level back up, and your low sodium back up, and to get the pneumonia gone then good.  But as every one here knows your are very involved with the active living life style, he doesnt know that.

I like the Dylan quote, because I believe we all have the choice of being reborn, by travel, education and being involved with the human race.  It's when we sit, give up, and don't dream of a future anymore.  So, I try to stay busy being born.

@StLouisCruisersThank you for taking on all of these Daily events, I know that I dont have the computer knowledge to offer, so I hope that someone can take over for you when you take your vacation.

Thank you all for the information you gave me last night.  I hope I do you all proud when I finally get on the BHB in Vancouver in May.

An old boss would get her mail sent to the office.  If it involved bubble wrap she would cut it in pieces and give all of us a piece to pop all the bubbles.  It made the day better.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121219201402/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/7/7f/Funny-bubble-wrap-cat.jpg

We still have a home phone because our county cant find you if you call with an emergency on a cell phone.  And it makes it easier for my MIL to find us.  And when I am on the work phones, and need to call the boss, it helps me to have the ability to use two phones at once, well actually 3....

@kazuGlad you got some rest!

It feels more like 48 out there I'd say.  Or at least it looks that cold (Gerry is laughing her head off at our interpretation of COLD).  Poor DS will have to put up with freezing precipation in Dallas all week.  Freezing rain is no fun at all.  Hope it's just some snow because he's a pro at driving in snow.  And as for computer skills, I can't figure out GIMP software for the ship names, so there.  I'm just as unskilled as you claim you are.😛

• Like 25

Good morning! Roy, like others I’m not sure what that nurse was getting at. Hopefully, you’ll get a better prognosis when your doctor makes rounds.
Our Sunday was filled by watching football.

Not much on the schedule today other than final packing and house prep. It’s an early flight to Atlanta tomorrow and our kind neighbor is picking us up at 4:30 AM!😱 Then it’s about a two and a half hour flight to Cancun.

A big thanks to Sandi for keeping the Daily running and prayers for those on the Care List.

Have a great week.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.c6ebdaaca3284e924ecc7e6068c2b3ca.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1190a48e5d19cd060a929af346760b24.jpegimage.jpeg.e9200888a6b4ed475b546605efec2581.jpegimage.jpeg.058e9991ac88a9385c34f38a9d1e603d.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Haha 13

Good morning all. Light snow here and we are getting some of that cold that @ger_77has right now. We will be very cold all week.

@rafinmdplease disregard what the night nurse said. They had no right to say anything except “depends on your doctor”. My father who is 92 is still living on his own after twice being told he couldn’t in the last 5 years. And you are even more determined than he is from what I read here from you. Praying that antibiotics and other things they are doing get you on your feet soon.

we still have a landline and an answering machine. My phone number (53 years!) is the only one my father still knows so I need to keep it. He can rattle that off to EMTs, nurses, etc. everyone else has gone to cell phones and while he has a list to use at home, none of them are memorized.

wishing everyone a good week. Hope everyone stays safe and well.

• Like 26

14 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Gerry, that is just too darn cold!!  Please DO stay inside and enjoy your homemade stew with homemade buns.  And wine!   Sorry I have no experience with ceramics but I might be tempted not to use it anymore or even toss it.  

Debbie, the turkey photos look so good!  Made me hungry for sliced turkey sandwiches.  Thank you!  And we can't wait to see how your new bedroom looks.  When is Sue coming down?

It feels more like 48 out there I'd say.  Or at least it looks that cold (Gerry is laughing her head off at our interpretation of COLD).  Poor DS will have to put up with freezing precipation in Dallas all week.  Freezing rain is no fun at all.  Hope it's just some snow because he's a pro at driving in snow.  And as for computer skills, I can't figure out GIMP software for the ship names, so there.  I'm just as unskilled as you claim you are.😛

Agree totally. I just looked at the gimp software. It can do amazing things but no way would I even try to use it. My head hurts just reading the instructions. I used to be much braver with new software, spent years working with the IT department, but I know longer want to make that effort.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Waiting to leave for the port so I have some time to post. 

Roy, I know as a physician I would be livid at a nurse who told you that. It is hard to believe that you go from living alone, get pneumonia and can’t live alone again. Even if you have an abscess, effusion’s etc. all of that can be treated. Keep the faith. They will figure this out and you will be home again. 

F32EA32E-8C2A-4CB3-95DC-8C25A1CDA629.jpeg

• Like 36

9 minutes ago, superoma said:

Agree totally. I just looked at the gimp software. It can do amazing things but no way would I even try to use it. My head hurts just reading the instructions. I used to be much braver with new software, spent years working with the IT department, but I know longer want to make that effort.

So it's not just me??  I feel so relieved!  Besides, you all know your geography and can pick out which ship is which.  Roy can spoil everyone with his great maps when he's back home.🙂

3 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Waiting to leave for the port so I have some time to post. 

Roy, I know as a physician I would be livid at a nurse who told you that. It is hard to believe that you go from living alone, get pneumonia and can’t live alone again. Even if you have an abscess, effusion’s etc. all of that can be treated. Keep the faith. They will figure this out and you will be home again. 

F32EA32E-8C2A-4CB3-95DC-8C25A1CDA629.jpeg

BON VOYAGE!!     (Smiling at the little guy.  Is he Spiderman?🕷️)

• Like 23

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Jacqui, so great to hear you were able to bear the pain last night and get some sleep.  Did you try Bruce @aliaschief's suggestion to cut the pill in half and take it more often instead of one big dose?  Makes sense, but you might have to get up at night to re-dose I guess.  Anyway I'm happy you are feeling a little better.  

No, discussed and the pain is too severe to limit the dosage.   Suggested that I take the Tylenol and alternate with Ibuprofen every 3 - 4 hours.  More effective mixing them (even though instructions said not to take anything else).  Perfectly safe and seems to be working so far.

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Well do you have to send it here?  Coming here by the end of the week.  😡 Forecast of possible -40 .  For our American friends -40 in Celsius is the same in Fahrenheit so says the weatherman.  

Thankfully I have no appointments that day as I can’t get my warm coats over my arm,  My winter coat is currently one of Jose’s sweaters that zips.  Since it is way too big for me, I can get it over my arm.  Saved it for sentimental reasons and boy am I glad I did. 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning to all.  

Happy Monday.  It is pouring here in Bluffton.

Yesterday all my plans were shot to hell yesterday and that means that I have double work today.

I’m waiting for a call from the HVAC guy to let me know the bad news.

I did not have a restful night.  Lots of pain in my shoulders and legs.

@rafinmdRoy.  i echo the sentiments of others.  That nurse had no business telling you anything regarding your prognosis.  @cruising sister says it perfectly.  A lot depends on determination to get better and I know that you have that in you.  You may need some rehab to regain strength but I do not see you going from living alone and functioning one day to no longer being able to live on your own because of pneumonia.  That nurse should have deferred his/her answer to a doctor.

End of rant! Now get some sleep.

Prayers for all on the cares list.  Unfortunately it seems to be growing.  That makes me sad.

Cheers to those who are celebrating and cruising.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Now it is time to talk to the HVAC guy.  More money to spend.

God Bless everyone,

Terri

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  It is a beautiful day today.  Expected high of 57f/14c.  ☀️  I might do some gardening!

I had to google National Escape Day:

0D4D13DD-E99F-45C7-A48C-534C9C81509B.thumb.jpeg.b16d65ef4b7189504f63c31666d74c3e.jpeg

I cannot figure out whether I should be gardening or I shouldn’t be gardening.  Plus I had planned to clean the bathrooms today.  Does that mean I don’t have to?  🤔

I am good with not having turkey until the next time I am forced to at Thanksgiving.  Thanks anyway though.

I used to have a boss who loved to pop bubble wrap.  It was a little irritating because I am the opposite of that.  I want to protect those little bubbles of air!!

@Seasick Sailor, thinking of you with your oral surgery today!

@StLouisCruisers, congratulations on Ren’s tryouts!  Very exciting.

@kochleffel and @aliaschief, exciting travel plans!  Have a wonderful time.

@rafinmd, now we know why that nurse has been relegated to night shift; it gives him less chance of interacting with the patients.  Tell your doctor what he said.  No way he should get away with that.

@kazu, so happy to hear you were able to get some rest!  That always works wonders.  I think I have a bigger version of that can opener and I love it!  Best invention ever.  I think I’ll pick one up for my Mum.

3DDCBCF8-FEBF-4CD4-9E0B-383F941B9729.thumb.jpeg.d9794c7c3d04221dc92524da97fb8e18.jpeg

Kiwi Zest Martini?  Zest of kiwi?  That one had me puzzled.  I do not want fuzzy floaters in my martini!!  Gross.

And now for Roy’s @rafinmd sunrise pic.  On September 15, 2018 we were on the lovely Zuiderdam sailing from NY to QC.  Beautiful.

2D4B0880-D25F-4EED-8CBA-D47ABDAEE376.thumb.png.8d2c0f86b56af8441abbea115c5b29ad.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Double-thank you Sandi, thank you Debbie, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for your daily contribution! And thank you all for being here!

@rafinmd Roy, sorry to hear that you are in the hospital. Get well soon!

We enjoyed our mid-winter cruise this past week. It is the first time that we have done this. A big plus was only needing to drive to Baltimore to embark. We have sailed the majority of our cruises on HAL so a bit of change is interesting. A bit of irony is that after finally achieving 4* we only have one cruise booked on HAL in 2024. The only negative of the cruise, even though the age groups were quite diversified, was that some of the younger adults were a bit loud in the late evening. 

Food choice had quite a variety, was good and plentiful, and only DSIL 's steak was too rare one evening. A big plus is the Carnival app which is well organized and works well. It also allows you to get in the queue for "Anytime Dining" from other parts of the ship instead of HAL's beeper system once you arrive at the MDR. The ship (Carnival Legend) was in good condition, just dated in it's decor. We much prefer HAL's understated decor, but not to the extreme of the blandness of Viking Ocean. Perhaps on a warmer cruise I will go down the Green Slide! Someday I would love to have the opportunity to take the grandchildren on a CC cruise with "Green Eggs and Ham."

Here is a photo of Lily who is almost 6 months old that my daughter sent me yesterday! What a change these past few months.

IMG_4296.jpg.9a806b90332ae488e3b79b5563542fee.jpg

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Double-thank you Sandi, thank you Debbie, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for your daily contribution! And thank you all for being here!

@rafinmd Roy, sorry to hear that you are in the hospital. Get well soon!

We enjoyed our mid-winter cruise this past week. It is the first time that we have done this. A big plus was only needing to drive to Baltimore to embark. We have sailed the majority of our cruises on HAL so a bit of change is interesting. A bit of irony is that after finally achieving 4* we only have one cruise booked on HAL in 2024. The only negative of the cruise, even though the age groups were quite diversified, was that some of the younger adults were a bit loud in the late evening. 

Food choice had quite a variety, was good and plentiful, and only DSIL 's steak was too rare one evening. A big plus is the Carnival app which is well organized and works well. It also allows you to get in the queue for "Anytime Dining" from other parts of the ship instead of HAL's beeper system once you arrive at the MDR. The ship (Carnival Legend) was in good condition, just dated in it's decor. We much prefer HAL's understated decor, but not to the extreme of the blandness of Viking Ocean. Perhaps on a warmer cruise I will go down the Green Slide! Someday I would love to have the opportunity to take the grandchildren on a CC cruise with "Green Eggs and Ham."

Here is a photo of Lily who is almost 6 months old that my daughter sent me yesterday! What a change these past few months.

IMG_4296.jpg.9a806b90332ae488e3b79b5563542fee.jpg

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Jack welcome home!  I'm glad everyone had a great time on your cruise.  Very nice to be able to drive to the port, isn't it?  We're driving to Fort Lauderdale again late next week and since it's a 7 day cruise can park it for that short amount of time.  Much more comfortable (and cheaper) than a rental car.  Thanks for the photo of Lily.  How can she be 6 months old already?  She's a happy, sweet little gal from the looks of it.  And cute as a button!  Glad to have you back on the Daily.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Let's try this again internet issues on the Volendam. 

Roy you will be able to get over those issues once the antibiotics and your sodium levels get fixed.  Low sodium can really mess you up. 

@kochleffelI was alarmed to read your OTs comments about your future post surgery.  I hope your surgeon has better news!  

The Volendam is not in Ushuaia.  This morning we dropped off our Chilean pilots who have been with us for 10 days and picked up 2 pilots to guide us through the Antarctic.  We came into Ushuaia yesterday afternoon so that we could enjoy Glacier Alley in daylight and left port around 10 pm.

Our afternoon in the National park was wonderful.  In addition to the beautiful scenery we got to see many more land birds than I had expected.  We had to tender in because there were at least 7 ships in port.  At the end of the day with at least 100 passengers still on shore excursions the captain took the berth the Lindblad NG ship had left.  The returning passengers were met by the captain, hotel, and food and beverage manager to let them know the Lido and the MDR would be open so they could eat. 

We are now in the Drake Passage with winds that the captain translated to 57 mph and until we can pick up some ballast he said don't use the elevators.  This morning I saw seals very close to the ship.  Our cabin is cold and I have three layers on indoors.

Photos Cape Horn and me with our lovely guide Marta. 

Prayers for all on our Care list and for the people of Ukraine.  Nancy

IMG_20230130_075658034_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230130_075702866.jpg

IMG_20230129_183005050_HDR.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Let's try this again internet issues on the Volendam. 

Roy you will be able to get over those issues once the antibiotics and your sodium levels get fixed.  Low sodium can really mess you up. 

@kochleffelI was alarmed to read your OTs comments about your future post surgery.  I hope your surgeon has better news!  

The Volendam is not in Ushuaia.  This morning we dropped off our Chilean pilots who have been with us for 10 days and picked up 2 pilots to guide us through the Antarctic.  We came into Ushuaia yesterday afternoon so that we could enjoy Glacier Alley in daylight and left port around 10 pm.

Our afternoon in the National park was wonderful.  In addition to the beautiful scenery we got to see many more land birds than I had expected.  We had to tender in because there were at least 7 ships in port.  At the end of the day with at least 100 passengers still on shore excursions the captain took the berth the Lindblad NG ship had left.  The returning passengers were met by the captain, hotel, and food and beverage manager to let them know the Lido and the MDR would be open so they could eat. 

We are now in the Drake Passage with winds that the captain translated to 57 mph and until we can pick up some ballast he said don't use the elevators.  This morning I saw seals very close to the ship.  Our cabin is cold and I have three layers on indoors.

Photos Cape Horn and me with our lovely guide Marta. 

Prayers for all on our Care list and for the people of Ukraine.  Nancy

IMG_20230130_075658034_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230130_075702866.jpg

IMG_20230129_183005050_HDR.jpg

Thanks for your update Nancy.  I'm sorry you are so cold on the ship but I believe it.  Our room was freezing the entire 28 days on the Amazon cruise, but since it was so hot outside we didn't report it.  Mid ship places like the Casino were cold every day as well.  OTOH, some people had very little AC in their rooms and were miserable with the heat.  They had to load on more room fans during some stops to distribute to those who complained.  Unfortunate!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Today's Care and Celebration lists are long, but I am hoping we will whittle down the Care list very soon.  Get well Roy!

Today’s care list:

Roy in hospital with pneumonia and low sodium

Seasick Sailor having oral surgery

JazzyV experiencing eye hemorrhaging

Cruzin Terri with Polymyalgia Rheumatica pain
Marshhawk doctor/vet problems
HAL Sailer suffering identity fraud

Luvteaching DH in hospital with infection
RIP Patricia 1/23/23
Kazu with continuing pain
StLouisCruisers neighbor Rudy awaiting bypass surgery Tuesday

From the rotation:
HAL Sailer DSIL in final days and family squabbles
Status of Scrapnana

Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Ominous scan for Marshhawk
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome Hal lover

Aliaschief leaving for Cancun Tuesday
Redneck Bob in Vegas until 2/1
Cruzn single in Hawaii until 1/31
Welcome home Heartgrove

5 days for 0106 (Rotterdam 2/4 to 2/15)

8 days for Cruzin Terri (Oceania Sirena 2/7 to 2/19)

DeeniEncinitas, and sailingdutchy (Koningsdam  to 1/31), Cruising sister (Disney Dream to 2/4), lindaler and ottahand7 (Volendam  to 3/18), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty ,richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam  to 5/12) at sea

Good morning to all!

Sending prayers to all that are ill and those in the rotation.  Happy celebrations to all!

Thanks for the updated information!

It's time for a nice cruise!  (have to wait till March)

• Like 23

It’s a new day! Grateful for that!  And grateful for all of you, happy for those with relief and good news!  Prayers and positive thoughts for those needing healing and hope!  Blessings For Smooth travels for all!  

@rafinmd  FIRST:  Thank you for posting!  We are all on your side…. No room for negative thoughts!  DELETE and Replace those with the hope and courage you share with others. OUR BODIES BUILD BILLIONS OF NEW CELLS DAILY. With the support you are getting, medicine, nutrition, oxygen, rest, the right amount of time, plus faith that you are right where you need to be right now and all is well, all will be well, you will be well. Sending blessings for your comfort and peace of mind, heart and spirit. There are two things you need to do today: Breathe in, breathe out!  oh, and give yourself a gentle hug from all of us!  m—

• Like 32