Where’s the Beef? Meatloaf in Blu!

Cruising Princess

Okay I thought I have said enough about how Celebrity is downgrading it’s menus but of course I am shocked again!

I was looking at the Blu menus on an upcoming cruise.  One evening they are serving Angus Meatloaf!  And of course no other beef, lamb or veal option.  

Celebrity’s marketing material say Blu is clean cuisine with new healthy options.  

Now I love a good meatloaf but is this aqua cuisine?  Could they find a cheaper cut of beef?  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cruising Princess said:

Okay I thought I have said enough about how Celebrity is downgrading it’s menus but of course I am shocked again!

I was looking at the Blu menus on an upcoming cruise.  One evening they are serving Angus Meatloaf!  And of course no other beef, lamb or veal option.  

Celebrity’s marketing material say Blu is clean cuisine with new healthy options.  

Now I love a good meatloaf but is this aqua cuisine?  Could they find a cheaper cut of beef?  

They had meatloaf in Blu in 2012 so it not a new dish 

I guess somepeople just like to complain 🙄

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cruising Princess said:

I like meatloaf, but not when I’m on a cruise. We always sailed celebrity in Aqua, we are Elite Plus,  because of Blu. We are now sailing Viking Ocean and enjoying the relaxing atmosphere of 900+ guests, no surcharges. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cruising Princess said:

Something cheaper than Angus beef?  Sure they can find a cheaper cut.  

Have you ever had the meatloaf in Blu?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jalves said:

Something cheaper than Angus beef?  Sure they can find a cheaper cut.  

Have you ever had the meatloaf in Blu?

Never had meatloaf, prime rib or filet, and they weren’t even on the menu, but I requested them and they accommodated me. 

We usually sail in AQ.  We were getting bored with the menu and ordered the meatloaf, this was about 4 years ago.   It was fantastic and the best entrées we had.  We sailed on another ship a year later and it was completely different and not as good 

It is a hit or miss 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Noticed on a current Live that on Apex Class ships in Normandy they have the Beef Steak  En Croute equivalent of Beef Wellington  Every night.   I believe the every night selection of each of the 4 dining rooms can be ordered at any of them.

Picture by @OrcaGirl

C4AA66DB-AD10-454B-896D-EC31562D3639.thumb.jpeg.e3993770d143e9b9eb5857c2e5711757.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Are we allowed to request a main entree that is served in the MDR?

On E-Class ships this is not allowed in Blu or Retreat.     The kitchens are separated by many floors.    You can on M and S Classes but they don't have the En Croute

42 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Love, love, love meatloaf.  I would totally order this and be oh so happy. Now try to sell me on some sort of meatless loaf and it’s another story altogether. 

Oh you think that’s meat you’re eating?  I don’t pay cruise prices to eat cheap meatloaf.  I can make that at home.  With macaroni and cheese.  And green beans.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Oh you think that’s meat you’re eating? 

Lol. You may be right but what I don’t know won’t hurt me 🤣

BTW..sounds great!  I’ll be right over!

Fact is, I just can’t get worked up about it. If the food is truly that bad, we will find out soon enough and respond accordingly. 

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Lol. You may be right but what I don’t know won’t hurt me 🤣

BTW..sounds great!  I’ll be right over!

Fact is, I just can’t get worked up about it. If the food is truly that bad, we will find out soon enough and respond accordingly. 

Stop by the store for a can of green beans on the way over.  I want the cruise ship experience.

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

We found the filet offered on the Clean menu portion in Blu was delicious and offered twice a week on Solstice last month.  Additionally there was a steak on the other portion of the menu 2 times.  I realize the menus are not identical but we found plenty to eat.

This is accurate although generally its on once as clean cuisine and once on Blu signature which is the same filet but with a sauce.  Since X seemingly got rid of the wellington, prime rib and ribeye, this is our only "premium" steak option

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

It was a number of year ago I had meatloaf in Blu. It was just horrible. It looked like the cat food that comes in a small round can. I think it was a knockoff of Kobe beef.

My service dog liked it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Noticed on a current Live that on Apex Class ships in Normandy they have the Beef Steak  En Croute equivalent of Beef Wellington  Every night.   I believe the every night selection of each of the 4 dining rooms can be ordered at any of them.

Looks delicious in the photo. I wish it was offered on M-class.

• Like 1