Updated C&A perks

10 hours ago, davekathy said:

Celebrity is also eroding the CC perks/benefits like RC. IMO, it's by the direction of the RCG.

I was wondering about that, since they are the same company.  Kind of figured that would happen.

Will find out very soon how the "other lines" operate.  But I am not really worried about Viking.  Already having problems with American Queen Voyages, with them cancelling (chartered) the river cruise I booked (as soon as I paid it in full) ......grumble. 🤬 Trying to get rebooked for later cruise.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It appears that RCI has already forgotten who was booking cruises, and supplying them with money, when things opened up after the shutdown.

Yup, they are doing their best to change we of the Loyal Royals...to we of the missing.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Those free blocks from the free loyalty program go to people who were booking cruises, boarding the ships, and supplying RCI with a revenue source after the shut down when many people thought it was crazy to step foot onto a cruise ship. I think forking over a free block periodically in return for several thousands of dollars in bookings is a pretty good deal... for RCI.

For thousands of dollars in bookings, you got awesome vacations to amazing locales and relaxing days at sea. I am not at a level to receive blocks, but I have absolutely no desire to receive clunky “stuff” to clutter my life. The reward of travel & memories made are enough for me. I don’t expect any company to pat me on the head for selecting them when needing a service. The C&A program is nice, and I look forward to earning amenities, but crystal blocks hold no interest at all. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Those free blocks from the free loyalty program go to people who were booking cruises, boarding the ships, and supplying RCI with a revenue source after the shut down when many people thought it was crazy to step foot onto a cruise ship. I think forking over a free block periodically in return for several thousands of dollars in bookings is a pretty good deal... for RCI.

Every perk or benefit has an associated cost for every business that offers a loyalty program.  To any business it all sums up to a line on a spreadsheet at budget time.  When that number is too big something has to give.  Give up the v1 blocks and accept v2 cheaper blocks or give up some other perk. 

I'm not sure anyone would like the other ideas they had to contain the cost of the loyalty program.

6 hours ago, Spurschick said:

Hey you are lucky - when I called in today all I could hear was chickens in the background - I kid you not the entire call I heard chickens.I have no idea where they were .

The reps are farmed out to various countries, who work from home.  I have heard dogs barking, kids/babies crying, etc....the chickens would make sense.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, little britain said:

That’s how I read it too. How much does a tin of Diet Coke cost at the quantity RCI buy it?? Ten cents? 

I assume it is more about the cost in employee hours to check lists and stock to our individual preferences versus having a standardized item all D+ and higher gets.  Probably cuts the time down by 80 percent or so.  

I'm still disapointed though.  Ah well.

44 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm not sure anyone would like the other ideas they had to contain the cost of the loyalty program.

We agree there. It seems that lately people don't like any of their ideas.

2 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

I assume it is more about the cost in employee hours to check lists and stock to our individual preferences versus having a standardized item all D+ and higher gets.  Probably cuts the time down by 80 percent or so.  

I'm still disapointed though.  Ah well.

Remember how it was that when you stepped aboard a ship with 4000 other people RCI had a way of making you feel like you were the most important person to walk across the gangway? I always felt like I was returning to my home away from home.

As you said, ah well....

• Like 5

1 hour ago, artvlay said:

Does anyone have a photo of the tote bag?

They ran out of the tote bags. These are new tote bags starting march 10. They might or might not be the same. I dont have one, been trying and told they are out of stock. We will see if I get on march 12 on oasis. 

So many complaints. Seriously, they are still giving D+ 5 drinks a day for free. Yes, maybe they got rid of the extra beer, but we can all use some extra water on those beach days.

Look at Norwegian and Carnival. They are buried in debt and literally struggling to stay afloat. I am sure they have been cutting and more cuts will probably be coming.

Streamlining in a few places is minor. I fully expected to see much bigger cuts to the program and can live with a few changes if it helps keep Royal in business and the prices from skyrocketing like they have in every other area around the world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Choose the food options. If you have to rely on the food that’s being served on board right now for sustenance, you will ultimately starve to death. Quite seriously, we are on day 8 of a 10 day cruise on Serenade and the only good meals we have had so far have been breakfast in the WJ.

Even the officers have disappeared from the virtually empty WJ in the evenings.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think RCI's changes would not cause anywhere near the reactions that they do if they didn't try to pass everything off as an enhancement. Don't treat us like we are stupid. It really is a bit insulting. Just be honest and say that they are trying to save some money. I think they might find that most of us would be much more receptive and understanding with a company whose product we, obviously, have enjoyed for a long period of time.

• Like 19

8 minutes ago, drb116 said:

So many complaints. Seriously, they are still giving D+ 5 drinks a day for free. Yes, maybe they got rid of the extra beer, but we can all use some extra water on those beach days.

Look at Norwegian and Carnival. They are buried in debt and literally struggling to stay afloat. I am sure they have been cutting and more cuts will probably be coming.

Streamlining in a few places is minor. I fully expected to see much bigger cuts to the program and can live with a few changes if it helps keep Royal in business and the prices from skyrocketing like they have in every other area around the world.

☝️

Totally my thoughts too. But I am having a fun time reading the complaints🤣🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

They ran out of the tote bags. These are new tote bags starting march 10. They might or might not be the same. I dont have one, been trying and told they are out of stock. We will see if I get on march 12 on oasis. 

If you don't I can send you one.

• Like 1

SAY HELLO TO MORE WATER
We’re thrilled to announce you’ll no longer have to pre-select your welcome beverage prior to your sailing. You will now receive additional complimentary water bottles in your stateroom in place of the welcome beverage benefit — so you can stay hydrated everywhere you go.

Beer and soda also hydrate us. Just another cutback with them trying to show it as a better perk when everyone can hydrate as much as they want for free in the WJ, MDR and other places around the ship including any bar. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, LindaD22 said:

For thousands of dollars in bookings, you got awesome vacations to amazing locales and relaxing days at sea. I am not at a level to receive blocks, but I have absolutely no desire to receive clunky “stuff” to clutter my life. The reward of travel & memories made are enough for me. I don’t expect any company to pat me on the head for selecting them when needing a service. The C&A program is nice, and I look forward to earning amenities, but crystal blocks hold no interest at all. 

Businesses of all types give special gifts such as discounts and other forms of thanks, including the crystal blocks, to those that choose their business over other competitors. You may have had this yourself in all forms of services. 

But with many other competitors trying to sway you to use them instead, companies need to recognize that there’s a point when the repeat customers who have given them a lot of business and money realize they are no longer getting what the competition is now offering, and at a better price, they “jump ship” 

there’s been may cutbacks and price increases in a short time and possibly you weren’t a customer years ago to see the differences. It’s not just about the Crystal blocks. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Businesses of all types give special gifts such as discounts and other forms of thanks, including the crystal blocks, to those that choose their business over other competitors. You may have had this yourself in all forms of services. 

But with many other competitors trying to sway you to use them instead, companies need to recognize that there’s a point when the repeat customers who have given them a lot of business and money realize they are no longer getting what the competition is now offering, and at a better price, they “jump ship” 

there’s been may cutbacks and price increases in a short time and possibly you weren’t a customer years ago to see the differences. It’s not just about the Crystal blocks. 

Exactly.... loyalty benefits are part of the equation when choosing a particular cruise when other lines offer a comparable ship or itinerary.  The smaller that benefit gets, the harder it is to justify sticking with that cruise line from a practical point of view.  Add in the facile, disingenuous language like what is in the announcement and the practical decision to try another line gains an element of spite as well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm still missing my allure crystal block. I asked and due to backlog they might send crystal blocks by the end of april. Could be later.

I’ve been waiting for the Allure block from March 5 2022

34 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

SAY HELLO TO MORE WATER
We’re thrilled to announce you’ll no longer have to pre-select your welcome beverage prior to your sailing. You will now receive additional complimentary water bottles in your stateroom in place of the welcome beverage benefit — so you can stay hydrated everywhere you go.

The “we are thrilled” made me lol.  

Royal is trying to stay afloat.  They need to cut back in small ways that add up.  We get it.  But don’t say “we are thrilled” when you’re cutting back like we don’t get it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2