Dear Carnival

Megan_Strick

The bacon is cooked the way it is because it is easiest to get that result, since it starts out so thin.

Thicker bacon, cooked less thoroughly, is certainly my preference.

11 minutes ago, jennas_mum said:

I don't like to have to chew my bacon.

Well, you know. That's just like your opinion, man.

😉

I don't like to feel like I'm eating the bacon equivalent of hard taco shells, shattering everywhere when I bite in.

(But I do like my taco shells crispy like that for actual tacos!)

• Like 2

Be careful about what you gripe about. We had this type of thread a few months ago about biscuits and gravy, haven't seen it on the Lido since. I think we touched a nerve with someone in Florida.

What is this crisp bacon some are referring to? Much of the bacon I see is closer to raw.

You might find crisp bacon shards swimming in grease at the bottom of the pan after picky bacon eaters have molested every piece in the tray looking for their perfect pieces.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

On the Magic last week my wife goes to the bacon station hoping to get maybe 2 slices and instead they give her 3 loose ones, which she ate, and a mat of about 6 slices all stuck together that went to waste.

No wonder they are short on bacon.

I have noticed that also. Carnival, due to the volume they are cooking, don't fry bacon, they broil it.

Now broiling can produce nice bacon but Carnival does not appear to even try to do it right. Rather than laying it out, broiling, then turning it over and finishing the broil, they apparently just grab handfuls and throw them on a sheet and broil till done. Some individual slices come out but stuck together slices, balls of slices and all kinds of entangled slices are quite common. 

It is a true waste as those balls of bacon hold pools of fat and are not fit for consumption.

That is why one of my favorite parts of a cruise is stopping at Waffle House on the way home to have my first real breakfast in a week. It feels so good after a week without breakfast.

• Haha 1

My complaint isn't that it's too crisp...and it isn't that it's too limp...but that every other day, it simply ISN'T period. Our last two cruises...on the Vista and the Dream...the Lido buffet only served bacon every other day...and you couldn't get your own...they had a ' Bacon Sheriff ' doling it out. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, hillbillycruisers said:

My complaint isn't that it's too crisp...and it isn't that it's too limp...but that every other day, it simply ISN'T period. Our last two cruises...on the Vista and the Dream...the Lido buffet only served bacon every other day...and you couldn't get your own...they had a ' Bacon Sheriff ' doling it out. 

There has been Bacon Cops for years, with good reason.  They will give you as much as you want, though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hillbillycruisers said:

There will sometimes be a station where you can molest a whole tray of bacon, but it is also often the leftovers that have already been picked through time and again by cruisers.

• Haha 1