Loud Drunk Guests Next Door

TrueCruiseaholic

What would you do if your next door neighbors came back at 3 am and proceeded to have a get together with another couple for another two and a half hours? They were extremely loud and disruptive.

I don't want to antagonize them, because they could do this every night in retribution.

I had a similar issue about a year ago. I called guest relations at that time. Nothing was done.

On that cruise, the guests in question were in their early 20s. On this cruise, they are in their early 50s. I don't know which set of guests would be more likely to abide a security officer telling them to quiet down.

• Like 2

I too agree.    A few years ago, the lady next to us was smoking on her balcony.  My husband who has asthma asked her to stop smoking in her cabin.  She apologized but continued on other occasions.   In hindsight, we should have gone to guest services to report the issue.   Guess what I am saying, is follow the advice of the other posters.  This behavior will probably continue and you deserve a quiet night. 

• Like 2

I guess my question is does anyone have first hand experience of this happening? Was guest relations a successful solution to the problem in that first hand experience?

Does anyone with first hand experience have a solution that worked for you?

I agree that guest relations or the crew SHOULD be a solution.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

I had a similar issue about a year ago. I called guest relations at that time. Nothing was done.

On that cruise, the guests in question were in their early 20s. On this cruise, they are in their early 50s. I don't know which set of guests would be more likely to abide a security officer telling them to quiet down.

If nothing 'is' done, then call security, which would be the first go to IMO, then GS...

Security can get there quicker and directly...

Those passengers, obviously, are antagonizing you enough to post here about it.

If there is ANY retribution, then call security again, they will take care of it for you...

bon voyage

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

There are people who just don't care but there are also some that are just not aware.  I often think the door slammers just don't realize the little effort it takes to shut the door gently.  It is like the difference between a business mans flight in a Monday morning compared to a red eye to Las Vegas.  Road warriors are much less likely to exhibit rude behavior than those who only fly once every five years.  Maybe consideration should be included on the muster drill video along with hand washing.

• Like 4

That is the job of guest services, Working in the Hospitality industry for many years, 25 plus, many years as Front office/General Manager etc I had many interactions with guests late at night. I have had guests removed from the premises very easily.  If a guest even implies any type of action towards you do not be afraid to talk to Hotel Director/Security etc.  That is part of their role onboard.  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

I appreciate the feedback. If it happens again, I will pursue the guest relations/security route. I was just discouraged by my previous experience. In that instance, the disruption was only for one night. Let's all hope that will be the case this time as well.

It still wouldn't hurt to let Guest Services know what was happening. Perhaps in their inebriated state, your neighbours had some lapse in judgement and didn't realize they were a noise issue. Regardless, I would like to think Guest Services would follow up with them and let them know there were "complaints" of excessive noise the previous night.

If the complaint backfires and causes further retribution, at least it will be much quicker to have security or guest services work on resolving the issue.

• Like 2

We called Security for partying neighbors on our last MSC cruise (in the Yacht Club).

They did quiet down.

Next night they were at it again about 3 AM.....but then they stopped the noise themselves after about 10 minutes or so.  

• Like 1

To add: how would those passengers know it was you who called, as there 'usually' are cabins on either side of them as well above and below....

Any one could call, unless you show intimidation if you saw them the next day, then that would be a dead giveaway, IMO... and some of us would for sure...

I would be brazen enough to let them know it was me... and dare them!!!

LOL

Continued peaceful and fun sailing for you...

bon voyage

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

To add: how would those passengers know it was you who called, as there 'usually' are cabins on either side of them as well above and below....

Any one could call, unless you show intimidation if you saw them the next day, then that would be a dead giveaway, IMO... and some of us would for sure...

LOL

bon voyage

Such a rebel Bo! 😉😂

• Haha 3

Just now, Barwick Cruiser said:

Such a rebel Bo! 😉😂

bc it is all in the quest for a great sailing, great food, great drinking and meeting great people!!!

LOL

bon voyage

• Like 3

Nice fantasy about pretending to be Security but that seems like something that could get you put off the ship if found out or reported.

I would treat your previous experience as an anomaly.  Not sure what any other solution would be?  Not your job to confront unruly passengers.  The only recourse is to let the ship handle it.  If Guest Services doesn't work, keep escalating.  You shouldn't confront them yourselves.  If they ask if you complained, act surprised at the notion.

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

LOL

bon voyage

My husband once called our neighbors on a Norwegian cruise and pretended to be security as their kids kept screaming and hitting the walls.  He was doing work meetings and couldn't here.  It actually worked.  I was in the thermal suite and he told me when I came back.  I said why not call security?  He said he thought about it or knocking on door, but this worked better.😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1