Medallion app is trying to charge me for shipping even though I have Princess +

AtlantaCruiser72

So I was just monkeying around in the Medallion app for my Novemeber cruise and tried ordering my Medallion to be shipped to my home.  It wants to charge me $10.00 for shipping.  Mind you it's small change, but I thought one of the perks of me having Princess Plus was supposed to be free Medallion Shipping.  Am I missing something here, or is it just another glitch of their "Wonderful" app ....

• Like 1

You can always try ordering it and see if it then zeros out. If it doesn't you can cancel the order. The app didn't even try to charge me for the medallions we have ordered for our B2B2B this Oct/Nov or for the cruise next April. Weird how it works for some but not for others. There is no way I would pay them $10 shipping.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

yet another "enhancment" for the guests benefit .... spend my vacation time to fight for a $10 credit onboard because IT can't encode app to waive shipping fee.......  I bet they are countiong on most folks forgetting and never requesting the credit, or not wanting to wait in line for reception to deal with it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

@Thrak I'm going to wait and keep trying to see if it ever self corrects, but no way I'm submitting if it says $10.  It's not the $$$ it's the principle of the matter.  Come to brass tacks I'll call the Medallion UnHelpful desk and get them involved - LOL

If they continue to charge you just pick up the Medallion at the port. It will likely take you an extra 3-5 minutes at check-in. Definitely not worth paying $10 for the minimal effort.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vic The Parrot said:

When did they implement a charge for shipping?

I was under the impression that shipping was free regardless of Plus, or Non Plus, etc.  

Effective all sailings Feb 23rd and beyond unless you have Plus or Premiere there is a shipping charge for guests booked under "standard"  Was announced when they rolled out new Plus/Premiere Packages with the higher costs and extra added items

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Effective all sailings Feb 23rd and beyond unless you have Plus or Premiere there is a shipping charge for guests booked under "standard"  Was announced when they rolled out new Plus/Premiere Packages with the higher costs and extra added items

Oh, ok.

I have to admit that I didn't look at the fine print while snooping around for future sailings.

Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

When I ordered the Medallions to be shipped to me (US address), it showed a $10 charge.  It did not zero itself out at any time.  However, I do not recall ever getting this $10 charge on my credit card.  Maybe it will be on my folio at cruise time, but so far, I haven't paid it.

I am now less than 30 days out, so I should be getting the Medallions soon.

33 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

@Thrak I'm going to wait and keep trying to see if it ever self corrects, but no way I'm submitting if it says $10.  It's not the $$$ it's the principle of the matter.  Come to brass tacks I'll call the Medallion UnHelpful desk and get them involved - LOL

Even if you pay, you can get it refunded on board, if it does not automatically show up onboard as an OBC

1 hour ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

So I was just monkeying around in the Medallion app for my Novemeber cruise and tried ordering my Medallion to be shipped to my home.  It wants to charge me $10.00 for shipping.  Mind you it's small change, but I thought one of the perks of me having Princess Plus was supposed to be free Medallion Shipping.  Am I missing something here, or is it just another glitch of their "Wonderful" app ....

Same.

32 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

It is weird. I had a cruise I booked in December with out Plus and had ordered the medallion free. I then had my agent cancel that cruise and rebook as they wouldn't let her re-fare it in February. Then - I was charged for shipping the medallion. I do not have Plus but I plan on buying it on the ship. It is a matter of principle - I am not paying $10 for that to be shipped.

1 hour ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

We HAVE plus. Just went to order the Medallion today for a cruise next month.

It wanted the $10. shipping so I cancelled & reordered to pick up at the port.

Did a cruise earlier this year with no charge.

Yes, I and others have posted about this in the Medallion sticky thread.  We do have the new Plus package which is key - the old one does not have this "feature".  Since the cruise I was trying to order the Medallions for isn't until December I decided to wait a while to see if they fix it to not require a credit card number when the app knows that you qualify for free Medallion shipping (it's under packages if anyone wants to check).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I gave in a few weeks ago and submitted the Medallion order that shows a $10 shipping charge - even though our booking shows a $10 allowance for shipping for both of us.  But so far we have not been charged - but then again we don't leave until November.  If they bill upon order the charge isn't added,  if they bill when they ship hopefully it will be resolved by then. if not I was in the military for 30 years and nothing makes me happier than bitching 🙂

• Like 1

So y’all piqued my interest and I submitted the order. No charge appeared on the linked card, yet. So it seems the honor the free shipping, but man they couldn’t make it less obvious. 

Now watch I’ll check my cc account 2 days from now and there will be a $10 charge - LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree their ordering process is frustrating. We leave April 16th on the Royal. When I placed our Medallion order it said I would be charged $10 even though we had Premiere. Our Medallions arrived last week, there has been no charge on my credit card. Whew! No need to wrangle with GS once on board.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

If you pick up your OM at the port ... how many people in line that already have the OM can pass you to board? - or do you pick up the OM, then head to a waiting room with the herds?

For us it would likely just be a few minutes less siting in the elite lounge. I can live with that.

I’m cruising from Rome in November, which in my experience is less than organized on a good day. Anything I can do to make the check in process smoother I will do. Last time I cruised from there we stood in a near 3hr line, after boarding had supposedly started, outside waiting to check in. Inside they had two or three positions open with nearly 40 people moving about behind the counter chaotically ignoring passengers 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72