This is Hyatt Regency Osaka Hospitality room for Silversea guests whose 24 hour flight back to UK is not until 11.45 pm !!!!

phillipahain

From 10.30am this morning when we arrived    to about 12.30 am   there was   water, coffee , a few cookies , muffins and tiny pain au chocolate 

From therein absolutely nothing !!! 

Who booked the flights ?     Silversea and this is their hospitality !! 

20230412_064910.jpg

20230412_064926.jpg

20230412_064955.jpg

29 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

That looks seriously underwhelming. Hardly a luxury  experience if this was all that was provided for D2D pax.

My thoughts exactly ....supposed to have free day rooms but mysteriously none available unless you paid additional $76     

The more I am seeing and reading about D2D the less appealing it is. Not only is it expensive compared to P2P but as a passenger you are totally out of control.

I have just changed a D2D cruise to another cruise doing it as P2P and making all the other arrangements myself meaning that I know exactly what we will be doing and at the same time saved over £3k each.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, phillipahain said:

From 10.30am this morning when we arrived    to about 12.30 am   there was   water, coffee , a few cookies , muffins and tiny pain au chocolate 

20230412_064910.jpg

20230412_064926.jpg

20230412_064955.jpg

Shocking. 

And unforgivable. 

Whatever happened to Silversea? A premium experience? Pah! 

• Like 1

Oh I think they know alright ....but Hyatt have to bear responsibility too ....and yes normally would book own flights but insurance then is very complicated post Covid if there's problems and amazingly it was hell of a lot cheaper ...Osaka is a SOD of an airport and Emirates is pretty much only flight 

It would not be quite so terrible if you had had proper comfortable chairs/sofas to sit on - the imagination boggles at how your behind feels after all those hours on those pesky little chairs.  I have had similar waits - but never for more than a couple of hours, on Seabourn.

Strongly suspect that SS are not getting what they pay the hotel for; obviously a strong complaint or three should go in, and no doubt will.

2 hours ago, phillipahain said:

My thoughts exactly ....supposed to have free day rooms but mysteriously none available unless you paid additional $76     

All sorts of nonsense happens while travelling and, while SS was supposed to provide a room for free, I would have paid the $76 in a heartbeat and not really thought twice about it.

Compared to the cost of the cruise, it seems a tiny amount to buy a day of comfort before a very long flight.

• Like 9

The few times we used SS hotels we were directed to a bare bones conference room for breakfast instead of the hotel buffet and had limited very unappealing options.  Wasn't sure if that was the norm so on our upcoming trip I booked my own hotels pre and post.

Hung about leaving Hyatt waiting for non existant passengers hence arrived at useless Osaka Kansai Airport late    to an Emirates total and utter apology of a Business lounge ...sure hope Emerites flight to Dubai is better and I know their lounges in Dubaii are brilliant

The lounge at Haneda Airport was brilliant  ....what has happened to Japanese efficiency ?or is it just Osaka ?

12 hours ago, phillipahain said:

20230412_064910.jpg

20230412_064926.jpg

20230412_064955.jpg

There's fish on the carpet 😁

• Haha 4

On 4/12/2023 at 3:19 AM, phillipahain said:

Oh I think they know alright ....but Hyatt have to bear responsibility too ....and yes normally would book own flights but insurance then is very complicated post Covid if there's problems and amazingly it was hell of a lot cheaper ...Osaka is a SOD of an airport and Emirates is pretty much only flight 

"Insurance" is actually pretty easy for any flights that you arrange yourself.  You just have to want to go through the process.

And not sure why you are talking about Emirates as the "only flight".  One could easily have a one-stop connection to London via Tokyo, Bangkok or even Paris.

14 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

"Insurance" is actually pretty easy for any flights that you arrange yourself.  You just have to want to go through the process.

And not sure why you are talking about Emirates as the "only flight".  One could easily have a one-stop connection to London via Tokyo, Bangkok or even Paris.

I can but assume your in USA ,.....since Covid  in UK it is best to book all inclusive package as trying to file 2 separate insurance claims is a true nightmare even when a relative is top of tree in Insurance ....SS booked the flights and were not going to change them to a more suitabke time or routing ...do you think we were only ones affected ? ....bottom line is DO NOT THINK of using Osaka to get on a cruise ...its a disaster zone .....and when SS paperwork says FREE DAY ROOM do not trust them 

The last cruise I did with SS was just after covid so we had all the usual tests etc. SS clearly said that they would provide a comfortable waiting area and that they would supply refreshments etc. They provided nothing whatsoever ever. They made people wait in an unheated room and absolved themselves of responsibility from not  providing refreshments. Apparently it was due to covid?

The whole process, from failing to issue boarding instructions, to actually boarding was a shambles. I did 'offer feedback' but it was ignored.

A phrase concerning parties and breweries springs to mind.

Being that there were other issues with SS UK  corporate, I wouldn't trust SS ever again .... and the OP's issues do not surprise  me at all.

• Like 1

I shelled out for the day room  since I felt no big amount and got a room with a not very appealing bathroom, but at least  could make myself some tea and put my feet up. Had a very nice lunch in the (not hotel owned) grill restaurant. Not much to see within walking distance. Why Silversea chose this hotel I do not understand, it is in the middle of nowhere, hotel offered  pre-cruise (Imperial hotel) was much nicer and staff more on the ball. I certainly would not chose this option again.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 12:24 PM, MBP&O2/O said:

The last cruise I did with SS was just after covid so we had all the usual tests etc. SS clearly said that they would provide a comfortable waiting area and that they would supply refreshments etc. They provided nothing whatsoever ever. They made people wait in an unheated room and absolved themselves of responsibility from not  providing refreshments. Apparently it was due to covid?

The whole process, from failing to issue boarding instructions, to actually boarding was a shambles. I did 'offer feedback' but it was ignored.

A phrase concerning parties and breweries springs to mind.

Being that there were other issues with SS UK  corporate, I wouldn't trust SS ever again .... and the OP's issues do not surprise  me at all.

There is a solution, travel with someone else you are obviously well fed up with SS.

• Like 2

I will always remember my first silversea cruise ..2005 silver wind.. ended 10 nights in Monte Carlo & we had a late flight back to the UK & were given a day room in the hotel de Paris Monaco.. (foc)... It was fabulous and the icing on the cake was being picked up outside the hotel by a Mercedes S class to catch flight from nice  happy days 🥂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lvshack said:

I will always remember my first silversea cruise ..2005 silver wind.. ended 10 nights in Monte Carlo & we had a late flight back to the UK & were given a day room in the hotel de Paris Monaco.. (foc)... It was fabulous and the icing on the cake was being picked up outside the hotel by a Mercedes S class to catch flight from nice  happy days 🥂

Very nice!  (no pun intended)

Edited by Rothko1
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 4:33 AM, david63 said:

The more I am seeing and reading about D2D the less appealing it is. Not only is it expensive compared to P2P but as a passenger you are totally out of control.

I have just changed a D2D cruise to another cruise doing it as P2P and making all the other arrangements myself meaning that I know exactly what we will be doing and at the same time saved over £3k each.

And that is why Mrs Banjo and I book P to P and make other arrangements independently.  The D 2 D model has not worked very well since inception.  If I were in charge, it would either improve or get dumped.  SS is loosing customers over all this, I hope they are paying attention.

We have experienced similar horror shows in the past on different lines, so now whenever there is a long layover we always book a day room so we can sleep, shower and be fresh to continue the journey.

• Like 2