The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday April 17th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Just returned from getting our 3rd Covid boosters; I'm sure there won't be any issues, just like the previous 5 jabs.  Scrambling around the house a bit, as our guests who were supposed to arrive tomorrow, called to say that because we're supposed to get a storm, they'll be coming in today.  They left their house only about 20 minutes ago, so will be here in time for dinner tonight.  We'll still have the rotisserie chicken, etc., for dinner, but now I'm figuring out what to make for them tomorrow.  I'll come up with something!  Stay safe, everyone!

• Like 20

In the department of I don't need this, now my right eye is red and irritated. No light sensitivity though. I know I did yard work the last 2 days and sun often bothers me (My glasses are transition lenses, extra dark). Also even with a visor I was sweating and my eyes were burning a bit from that. So, I'm putting in hourly drops to try to ward off a true flare. I have a lot to do, and no time for this!

@rafinmd That sounds like a pretty good report. It's nice of your neighbor to help out with the lawn. I have a big yard, and really need to find someone. I like to mow for the exercise, but sometimes think it would be nice to have people who do both yardwork and snow removal, as I get older.

• Like 19

Roy I'm still praying for you. Please take it easy my friend. 

I don't know if I mentioned it, but when I filed our income tax, somehow we double paid. I paid through our checking account. 2 payments at the same moment of $4730 each on April 8th.

Finally got a message from IRS. Our check for overage should be delivered by mail in the next 6 weeks. Ugh!!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

@rafinmd That does sound like a good report from the oncologist.  Great to know you are free until July 17.   Could you entice the neighbor to continue the yard work for a bit longer with a little cash?

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, please send me an email concerning tomorrow's post.   debfish34 at gmail dot com.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Just wanted to report on the coffee klatch this morning.  It was a bit chilly because of a cold wind blowing and the porch is in the shade in the morning, but Brenda insisted we sit outside since she loves it so much out there.  I had to go inside and get a throw for my lap to keep me warm but Brenda obviously doesn't mind a chill! There was a wide range of topics to discuss and we covered them all.  She doesn't know which ship or dates her cruise will be and promised to get that info from Paul when he "fired up the computer".   Paul drove off to pick up the car hauler at the storage lot in our community where they store the motor home, too.  Later he drove up the street in "my" SUV with the trailer and backed it into his garage to work on bolting a metal storage box to it for tie down straps for the SUV.  Honestly it was huge!  Their 43' coach plus that trailer at what looked to be longer than 20' to me will be quite the sight going down the highways!  I hope they have some routes that include side roads so they can enjoy the drive without the stress highways hold for some of us (me!).  Paul is really looking forward to it and Brenda is happy to let him live his dream.  She told me today their 23 year old daughter will be coming along with them, having given her notice at work.  I hope to keep in touch with them by text as they go.  They're leaving April 30.  When the day comes I hope to get a photo of their Big Rig for you.

Debbie @dfish you have mail!

• Like 16

33 minutes ago, dfish said:

@rafinmd That does sound like a good report from the oncologist.  Great to know you are free until July 17.   Could you entice the neighbor to continue the yard work for a bit longer with a little cash?

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, please send me an email concerning tomorrow's post.   debfish34 at gmail dot com.

I don't think so.  It looks like his whole back yard is paved and he did mine along with his.

Roy

• Like 8

11 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good morning all,

Will have to catch up on the daily when we get home.

We’re approaching the dock now (Volendam). Sunrise a few minutes ago:

IMG_0137.thumb.jpeg.73711ed97453cd1a4fe4e8e5954687f3.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

IMG_0138.jpeg

Nice you are on the Volendam on the way to Alaska.  I watched the ship leave and she is a pretty ship.  Have a nice cruise and photos are nice.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

The oncologist visit went longer than I expected but I think went well.  The doctor reviewed the CT scan and thought there was minimal chance there is any cancer in the lungs and said that from a breathing perspective they seemed to show improvement but called for continuing monitoring.  My PSA test results take a while to come back but he did indicate that it dropped from October to January which is good news, and while he expects to call for some followup tests in summer I am free of the oncologist until July 17.

My concern about fatigue is from the lawn work rather than the medical stuff.

Roy

wishing you the best.

I too get fatigue from lawn work.  I kept my push gas mower as it is only 40 pounds to get in and out of car.  But when mowing my yard that has some slopes, my back will be unhappy for half a day afterwards.

toodles

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Good cloudy evening, It was a beautiful sunny day, tomorrow is supposed to be cool then warmer on Wednesday and back in the 80’s by Friday. 
Tomorrow the 2 little ones go to the vet to be fixed. they won’t be happy. 
Just looked at the Juneau webcam and our 1st ship has arrived temp is 42. 

Went to Longwood gardens for membership day today. It was really crowded and lots of kids.The tulips were beautiful.

IMG_1196.jpeg

IMG_1195.jpeg

IMG_1194.jpeg

IMG_1505.jpeg

IMG_1199.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

11 hours ago, summer slope said:

Rain, rain, and more rain.  We have been pounded with thunder/lightening  for the last 2 nights.  We need it but slowly.

Bourbon Tarragon Cooler cocktail:

Ingredients:
2 Parts Maker's Mark Bourbon
1 Part Lime Juice
0.5 Part Agave Syrup
1 Pinch Salt
1 Cup Ice
4 Tarragon Sprigs
Directions:
Infuse bourbon with Serrano peppers (instructions follow). Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until the ice is pureed. Serve immediately. *Serrano-infused Makers Mark Bourbon: 2 cups Makers Mark Bourbon and 1 piece Serrano pepper, cut in half and de-seeded. Combine the pepper and Makers Mark Bourbon in an airtight container and allow it to macerate until ready to serve. Store in the fridge and shake container gently twice a day.

Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 7.05.45 AM.png

wow that is some GREEN colored drink.    Perfect for either St Paddys Day or Christmas

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

In the department of I don't need this, now my right eye is red and irritated. No light sensitivity though. I know I did yard work the last 2 days and sun often bothers me (My glasses are transition lenses, extra dark). Also even with a visor I was sweating and my eyes were burning a bit from that. So, I'm putting in hourly drops to try to ward off a true flare. I have a lot to do, and no time for this!

@rafinmd That sounds like a pretty good report. It's nice of your neighbor to help out with the lawn. I have a big yard, and really need to find someone. I like to mow for the exercise, but sometimes think it would be nice to have people who do both yardwork and snow removal, as I get older.

Vanessa, I hope the eye problem is from the sweat getting in the eye andnit clears up soon.  I also do the mowing and other work for the exercise, but also the people who have done ot when we travel just don't do as good a job.

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Roy I'm still praying for you. Please take it easy my friend. 

I don't know if I mentioned it, but when I filed our income tax, somehow we double paid. I paid through our checking account. 2 payments at the same moment of $4730 each on April 8th.

Finally got a message from IRS. Our check for overage should be delivered by mail in the next 6 weeks. Ugh!!!

Joy, at least the IRS is returning your over payment.

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

The oncologist visit went longer than I expected but I think went well.  The doctor reviewed the CT scan and thought there was minimal chance there is any cancer in the lungs and said that from a breathing perspective they seemed to show improvement but called for continuing monitoring.  My PSA test results take a while to come back but he did indicate that it dropped from October to January which is good news, and while he expects to call for some followup tests in summer I am free of the oncologist until July 17.

My concern about fatigue is from the lawn work rather than the medical stuff.

Roy

Roy, I'm glad you got a good report from the oncologist.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I think I might have overpaid, but if I did, it's a much smaller amount. But if I were to do what my tax software is recommending for estimated tax, it would be a significant overpayment, because the software doesn't know that I will retire in June.

• Like 16

Sincere condolences to @Mr. Boston and your family. I have two friends who have experienced this horrible sadness. One of them is a semi celebrity in the food world and she wrote about it in a book. It’s heartbreaking.  She even chairs a national suicide prevention group.  My other friend was a coworker who lost her young son. It’s so hard to read her FB sometimes. Time heals but we never forget. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good evening everyone!  Had a wonderful day on Grand Turk. What a lovely island. I would love to return. I’ve been to many Caribbean islands but this was different. 

Donkeys and dogs are everywhere. 
DBD41218-D8C3-4DC9-AD58-93B8841DA89B.thumb.jpeg.ad5da0e2b0e0f99e3788a40111f2dc48.jpeg

3A27C1D9-338E-4705-86B7-E16711BBCD7F.thumb.jpeg.f3b174164b7d697c53ad22ab1ede4c79.jpeg

I have realized I can’t keep up with everything on the Daily. I’m too busy!!!  Keeping up with trivia and meals and everything else really keeps one busy. 

Have a great evening!

02253345-D8A5-4CB4-9B70-C64FFF68DE20.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I'm wondering how I will feel tonight.  My next door neighbor has been cutting the grass in my back yard (tiny plot, probably 400 square feet, maybe 30 square meters with the rest of the yard being the townhouse association's responsibility.   Way overdue but it's finally done after taking far too long.  Now the next 3 days medical visits, oncology today, podiatry tomorrow and pulminology Wednesday.  I hope I don't end up worn out.

Roy

Between the lawn work and all those appointments, it’s a heavy schedule.

Glad to hear of the great report later today.  Take care and I hope you continue to recover 🙏🏻 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Lost all my multi posts 😡 so I will try….

@Cruising-along photo albums are tough.  Wait until you’re ready.  I haven’t touched mine either other than start a special one with special memories that Jose kept and I don’t want to lose.

@Sharon in AZ don’t worry about keeping up - I had a tough time too when I was cruising.  Just post and we are happy to hear from you.  ♥️ 

@kochleffel I’m really surprised at your compost programme.  It’s different than ours I guess, Ours goes all year - not just yard waste, but food, etc.  Construction materials are never for compost.  They are not compostable.  I’m still with my big bin full but very shortly there will be the bin and the paper compostable bags permitted packed, I’m sure.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good evening.

@rafinmd Glad to hear that the medical report was good.  Hope it stays that way.

I had to remove al the nail polish from the toenails prior to my podiatry appointment.  Trip to the Podiatrist resulted in part of the nail of the big toe removed to take care of the ingrown toenail It’s all bandaged and now that the anesthesia has worn off, it hurts. Have to soak it in epsom salts tomorrow and then can just put a bandaid on it.

Tomorrow is Jim’s birthday and we will go out for dinner, even with my bandaged toe,.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Terri

image.jpg

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 7

7 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening.

@rafinmd Glad to hear that the medical report was good.  Hope it stays that way.

I had to remove al the nail polish from the toenails prior to my podiatry appointment.  Trip to the Podiatrist resulted in part of the nail of the big toe removed to take care of the ingrown toenail It’s all bandaged and now that the anesthesia has worn off, it hurts. Have to soak it in epsom salts tomorrow and then can just put a bandaid on it.

Tomorrow is Jim’s birthday and we will go out for dinner, even with my bandaged toe,.

Terri

image.jpg

I went through that with both big toes except I had the whole nail removed.  Yes, that hurts.  I found if I laid on the couch and put my leg up along the back of it so the toe was elevated, that helped a little.  And ice.  Lots of ice.  Or, lots of wine.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I paid through our checking account. 2 payments at the same moment of $4730 each on April 8th.

I mailed my 2021 refund check plus 3 other checks to my bank but it never arrived. I finally reached a live person at the IRS who checked and found the check hadn’t been cashed so said another check would be sent in 8 weeks. It showed up in about 2 weeks😊. (It was supposed to have been direct deposited but wasn’t.)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I know I missed a lot, caught back up except for the first page.  My day, breakfast with the girls monthly breakfast at Pastries a Go Go.  Took DH.  Terry is heading off to sail the rivers and canals of Scotland next month in a narrow boat, Penny and Jesse are heading to Steenahatchee (?)FL next week, to place Jesse's dad's ashes out to sea where he used to fish.  And DH and I left early because we needed to order our glasses, so we headed off and while I was driving my phone rang.  Chuck saw that it was Lisa (new boss) and I called her before we went in to order our glasses, it was a buy one, get one, so I did.    Lisa told me last week that I would start on Tuesday or Wednesday which is why our day was so full today, but she wanted me to start today.  I said, well after the glasses we had one more chore to do and I would call when I got home.  We drove north of the city to the Bass Pro shop, Chuck had to try a zillion hiking boots on (not that many, but felt like it) and we got home at 4, called lisa, did a short overall training of the screen, for an hour, she wanted me to make a couple of calls to see how it was going, and and within 10 minutes I had a sale.

Got off work at 8:30 two jobs in one day, and now it's time to take my pills and go to bed because tomorrow I go back to the pulmonologist.  And find out what is going on.  

Hugs to you all!

a14ee50124e0f23cc2aa78bc7f766255.jpg

• Like 17

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

I know I missed a lot, caught back up except for the first page.  My day, breakfast with the girls monthly breakfast at Pastries a Go Go.  Took DH.  Terry is heading off to sail the rivers and canals of Scotland next month in a narrow boat, Penny and Jesse are heading to Steenahatchee (?)FL next week, to place Jesse's dad's ashes out to sea where he used to fish.  And DH and I left early because we needed to order our glasses, so we headed off and while I was driving my phone rang.  Chuck saw that it was Lisa (new boss) and I called her before we went in to order our glasses, it was a buy one, get one, so I did.    Lisa told me last week that I would start on Tuesday or Wednesday which is why our day was so full today, but she wanted me to start today.  I said, well after the glasses we had one more chore to do and I would call when I got home.  We drove north of the city to the Bass Pro shop, Chuck had to try a zillion hiking boots on (not that many, but felt like it) and we got home at 4, called lisa, did a short overall training of the screen, for an hour, she wanted me to make a couple of calls to see how it was going, and and within 10 minutes I had a sale.

Got off work at 8:30 two jobs in one day, and now it's time to take my pills and go to bed because tomorrow I go back to the pulmonologist.  And find out what is going on.  

Hugs to you all!

a14ee50124e0f23cc2aa78bc7f766255.jpg

Annie, great you made a sale the first day on the campaign.  Sending positive thoughts for good news tomorrow from the doctor.

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening.

Terri

image.jpg

Terri, I'm sorry your toe is hurting so much.  I think Debbie @dfish had a couple of good ideas, especially the wine.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JIM tomorrow.

Lenda

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening.

Terri

image.jpg

OUCH Terri 😔 Hope the pain subsides quickly 🤞 Good suggestions by Debbie to help - hope they work 🤞 

• Like 7