Onion Rings?

gvre

Can you order onion rings on any of the ships?

I notice they were served with Latkes on the Sapphire for lunch recently.

I like to get them instead of fries.

I think it depends on the ship and the provisioner.  On the Regal this past January, they were available every day in the buffet.  On the Royal this past January, they were popped up in the buffet now and then.  On the Royal at then end of April, no onion rings were to be found.

I have never seen fried onion rings on Princess, but it seems like something they should do.  Up on Lido at the grill, for instance.  I would order some with my hot dog.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Kay S said:

I have never seen fried onion rings on Princess, but it seems like something they should do.  Up on Lido at the grill, for instance.  I would order some with my hot dog.

I did see them once. I took a whole plate full of them thinking they were calamari rings. Quite embarrassing when I ate about two and then had the waiter take the rest away. 😬

On our 28 day Coral Princess cruise in Australia last month, our wait staff brought us fried onion rings at dinner (not on the menu).  They were made from scratch and delicious!   They also brought various curries when the waiter (from India) found out that some of our party really enjoyed Indian food and other 'surprises' about every 3rd night to our table for 6.  This was in the Provence MDR (not club class).  We all tipped the wait staff very well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kay S said:

I’ve seen them up them buffet recently on the Royal Princess.  
I’ve also had luck getting them up at the Slaty Dog Grill (formerly the Trident Grill) if I went when nobody else was in line.  They were not on the menu but had a bag in the back and would make some for guests that asked for them.   Most likely, they won’t do so if it is busy.  

Onion rings are my favorite vacation indulgence, I only have them on holiday.  I don't like the frozen type covered in cornmeal that buffets generally have, I like the batter fried and have never seen them on a cruise ship.

59 minutes ago, fabby50 said:

Onion rings are my favorite vacation indulgence, I only have them on holiday.  I don't like the frozen type covered in cornmeal that buffets generally have, I like the batter fried and have never seen them on a cruise ship.

they were certainly batter fried in the buffet on the Enchanted earlier this year...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I’ve seen them up them buffet recently on the Royal Princess.  
I’ve also had luck getting them up at the Slaty Dog Grill (formerly the Trident Grill) if I went when nobody else was in line.  They were not on the menu but had a bag in the back and would make some for guests that asked for them.   Most likely, they won’t do so if it is busy.  

Good idea I will try it!

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am partial to some onion rings and just seen the O'nion Stack on the Princess O'Malley's video. :

image.thumb.png.d5667fa4862592579b3a906f57586b62.png

Oh my, I don't mind paying $5 if that's how they look!. Unfortunately only available on Enchanted Princess currently but will be featuring on the new Sphere class ships.

Edited by dides
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, dides said:

I am partial to some onion rings and just seen the O'nion Stack on the Princess O'Malley's video. :

image.thumb.png.d5667fa4862592579b3a906f57586b62.png

Oh my, I don't mind paying $5 if that's how they look!. Unfortunately only available on Enchanted Princess currently but will be featuring on the new Sphere class ships.

I'm sitting in BWI waiting for my flight home, which I may miss as I now have the hankering to go searching for onion rings ....😆

• Haha 3

On 5/9/2023 at 12:48 PM, chrysalis said:

they were certainly batter fried in the buffet on the Enchanted earlier this year...

Like you say, I thought I remember eating them at the buffet. 😄

• 6 months later...
On 5/9/2023 at 1:17 AM, Kay S said:

I’ve seen them and eaten them before. Didn’t see them on our last sky cruise though 

Currently on the Sky.  Last night in the Catch, they offered “frizzled” onions with the steak entre.  Basically fried onion straws.  We asked for a side order to share with our meal.  They were wonderful. Last year on the Enchanted, wife asked for onion rings in Reserve Class and they were able to serve her onion rings, frozen type but good.

Sorry, I am looking at the room service menu and all they show is Coke, Diet Coke, Seagram’s Ginger Ale, Gosling’s Ginger Beer, Natural Spring Water, Red Bull, San Pellegrino, Sprite and tonic water. Not sure if the bars carry more choices. 

• Like 1