Butcher’s Cut? Yacht club restaurant?

11 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

We loved their risotto and always ordered that as a third main dish to share. Don't be shy about asking for lobster or scallops to accompany your filet or maybe Oscar style. You're in YC. 🙂

Always order the risotto to share as a secondo. There will be a new one each night.

• Like 2

On the last night on our last cruise in YC, they messed up my wife’s filet by putting a sauce on it that was not gluten free.  The waiter took it away and came back quickly with another filet.  Except the new one was definitely superior to the other one she had earlier in the week.  We guessed it came from Butchers Cut. 

it was a notch above the YC filet.  Would I pay extra for it?   50-50

On 5/31/2023 at 10:13 AM, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I may get that a lot then.  Thanks!

I like to get the pasta dish every night and have a filet mignon 'on the side'. *chef's kiss*

Edited by helenb
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/3/2023 at 6:09 PM, Best Cat Mom said:

We loved their risotto and always ordered that as a third main dish to share. Don't be shy about asking for lobster or scallops to accompany your filet or maybe Oscar style. You're in YC. 🙂

We also order the risotto as a third main dish to share. It's so good.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2023 at 5:52 PM, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I thought I read somewhere that it was made in the same kitchen, unlike Celebrity. 

Fortunately it’s the opposite - on S and M class on Celebrity, Luminae is the only restaurant without its own galley. We had a lot of lukewarm soups because they came from the main galley in Luminae on Solstice. (This has been remedied on E class) On Meraviglia, I commented to the staff about how lovely and hot their soups were!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

On Meraviglia, I commented to the staff about how lovely and hot their soups were!

It was the first thing we noticed on Divina last week, how hot all the food was compared to our experience on S and M class Celebrity ships...   ... even the pizza delivery to our suite felt like it had just come out of the oven...

Having had the galley tour on Millennium it isn't surprising when you see how far the food has to travel including the escalators.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Having had the galley tour on Millennium it isn't surprising when you see how far the food has to travel including the escalators.

I just wish for their suite product on Celebrity they would invest in... immersion heaters? A warmer in the station? something? to make hot soup or keep other things hot for their top paying guests. It's a bit wild. 

On 6/8/2023 at 12:12 PM, dexddd said:

BC is beyond excellent.  Been five times.  Instead of missing out of YC dinner, go to BC for lunch when open.

BC also has/had brunch on some days.

Hola is also great.  

This is what we do when in YC, use the diamond for lunch, the steak and lamb in YC are just as good(lamb a slightly smaller portion).

Last time it was a HOLA lunch not the best "value" use but food options not elsewhere.

In a regular cabin BC and pay for Hola,   

• 2 months later...
On 6/8/2023 at 7:12 AM, dexddd said:

BC is beyond excellent.  Been five times.  Instead of missing out of YC dinner, go to BC for lunch when open.

BC also has/had brunch on some days.

Hola is also great.  

What is Butcher's cut tasting menu like. Will be going on Euribia next year... how is Yacht Club steak compared to BC?

Should I use the Diamond benefit on something else instead if steak is similar?

8 hours ago, Encapsulated said:

What is Butcher's cut tasting menu like. Will be going on Euribia next year... how is Yacht Club steak compared to BC?

On the first point, you kind of answered it yourself when you posted the Dining Experience menu.  That is the "tasting menu" you mention.  Personally, I like the YC filet (always available) to the Butcher's Cut, but I think the side choices at BC make it worth trying (maybe for a sea day lunch?).  Using the Diamond meal somewhere else is a good option if there is something that strikes your fancy (fish, or sushi/sashimi, perhaps).

We have always found the first night for dinner in the YC a little of a mess.  Everyone comes to dinner at one time, the staff is trying to get into the swing of things and the first menu is usually the least interesting of the week.  As a result, we have been doing Butcher's Cut.  It is a more relaxful experience and it usually very slow the first night.  The food is very good.  

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 1:38 AM, Encapsulated said:

I'd say BC better.  I can eat a lot and the set menu at BC I always leave full.  Plus the bread and butter are great too.  The cookie is huge and fantastic.

On 8/24/2023 at 12:28 PM, sverigecruiser said:

We love their risotto too but the oysterrisotto really doesn't look nice!

Is it on a plate? Ours was in a bowl which did not let it spread out so far. Looks almost like breakfast oatmeal in your image -- well, except for the oyster. 🙂

On 8/24/2023 at 2:38 AM, Encapsulated said:

how is Yacht Club steak compared to BC?

We've pre-ordered off menu entrees in YC and they always come from BC. I especially love the BC lamb. The staff in the YC restaurant love when we special order the lamb too. Apparently, they ask BC for a large amount and then have a special meal themselves with whatever is left from cooking ours.

1 hour ago, Best Cat Mom said:

We've pre-ordered off menu entrees in YC and they always come from BC. I especially love the BC lamb. The staff in the YC restaurant love when we special order the lamb too. Apparently, they ask BC for a large amount and then have a special meal themselves with whatever is left from cooking ours.

Do you pay the a la carte price or I assume it has just been taken care of since they’re satisfying your request with those supplies, not necessarily ordering in from BC by name? We love crab legs and they don’t have on menu in YC (Meraviglia doesn’t do the seafood buffet on deck) but I know they have on board for BC. 

On 6/3/2023 at 7:09 PM, Best Cat Mom said:

I always do the same, with the risotto. Always delicious 😊

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sbcs5390 said:

Do you pay the a la carte price or I assume it has just been taken care of

We've never been charged because we're dining in YC. But we also don't ask for any special preparation that might be BCish. They source the meat from BC but prepare it YCish. Hope that makes sense. 😉

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Preziosa said:

Do you order special dinner 1 Day before

We usually talked it over with our server and the restaurant manager at dinner the night before. Sometimes they'd ask us at lunch about that night's dinner. I suspected that they were in the mood for lamb one of the times they suggested it to us for dinner. 🙂

On 8/26/2023 at 1:45 PM, Best Cat Mom said:

Never, ever heard of this.  

• Like 1