Diamond Drinks

When we have leftover drink “vouchers”, We walk into a busy bar and buy drinks for a couple women in the bar and tell the waiter to say they are from some random guys that I point at in the bar. We head back to our stateroom. 

• Haha 1

On 5/27/2023 at 1:24 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

I was under the impression that they can't take anything that is left unless it is specifically marked as such. When we've left a bottle of  wine for the cabin attendant, the attendant has asked us to put a note on it that indicates it is for him/her.   

There are lots of beverages left outside the cabin doors long with dirty plats, ice buckets  etc. 

To answer the OP - use it for most anything you want. Juice,  soda, water, specialty coffee, smoothies at the spa on Oasis ships.

M

Someone told me they roam the halls when doing a B2B, snatching up unopened wine. 😱Suite deck is first stop 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Someone told me they roam the halls when doing a B2B, snatching up unopened wine. 😱Suite deck is first stop 😉

That's brilliant.  I've got my first B2B booked this Dec.  You've given me a great fun idea for an activity on turnaround day 🙂 

• Haha 5

On 5/28/2023 at 9:32 AM, Wineaux007 said:

I guess I'm just curious.  I could understand a bottle of wine.  😃

He doesn't drink alcohol... Why would he bring home wine? 

I bring a few bottles of water home with me after a cruise. It saves me from making extra stops on the drive home. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

He doesn't drink alcohol... Why would he bring home wine? 

I bring a few bottles of water home with me after a cruise. It saves me from making extra stops on the drive home. 

That's understandable.  I bring a few beers with me to have at my hotel that night since I have a 2-day drive home.  

I was responding to the post that said:  "I always bring several large ziplocks and we just put the bottles of water in them and put them in my bag to take home."  It didn't appear they were bring the drinks to have on the drive home but putting in ziplocks in the bag to take home.  So, I was just curious why anyone would take ship's bottled water home?  🤔

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

I was just curious why anyone would take ship's bottled water home?  

We do.  If we have bottles of Coke, water or even champagne, I will bring them home….but I just have an hours drive.  If I had to fly I would not bother.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

We do.  If we have bottles of Coke, water or even champagne, I will bring them home….but I just have an hours drive.  If I had to fly I would not bother.

I agree.  I suspect you took the stuff off the ship in your carry on and didn't need ziplock bags.  😏

• Like 2

On 5/27/2023 at 1:09 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

Often, we don’t use every voucher, and that is OK. i’ve never had a day when I’ve used all that have been allocated.

I admit, it is difficult to leave an unused voucher  at first  but if you don’t need your vouchers, then just don’t bother to get a beverage at the end of the day. I’m not sure what happens to the  bottles of water left in cabins  at the end of a cruise. I don’t know if they have to trash them or they can put back into stock.

m

I asked and was told the cabin stewards all take them back to their cabins or share them with their friends. 

20 hours ago, Phaedra_11 said:

Can you get your free drinks in the dining room?

MDR, any bar, Windjammer, showrooms, Vitality Cafe, Coco Cay and Labadee.  Exceptions are Bionic bar and hit and miss on Rising tides bar. Always only one can of coke late at night, some bartenders will give you two or three bottles of water. Plus you also need to use your voucher in the DL.

On 5/28/2023 at 4:10 PM, Tree_skier said:

That's brilliant.  I've got my first B2B booked this Dec.  You've given me a great fun idea for an activity on turnaround day 🙂 

You could go to the pool and snatch up towels that werent turned in. I always see tons of those. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

You could go to the pool and snatch up towels that werent turned in. I always see tons of those. 

Will they give me $25 for every towel. I turn in in excess of the ones that I have checked out?

• Haha 4

On 5/28/2023 at 5:01 PM, John&LaLa said:

I’ve heard of that pre Covid but don’t think it is successful since the return to sailing. 

m

• Like 1

Do you know if D+ still receives the 30% discount off the beverage pkg once on the ship?  We haven’t cruised RCI in 2 years and I saw where you can request  the on board gifts 10 days before  but couldn’t find the list of other benefits  Does anyone have the link?

8 minutes ago, CallagDeb said:

Do you know if D+ still receives the 30% discount off the beverage pkg once on the ship?  We haven’t cruised RCI in 2 years and I saw where you can request  the on board gifts 10 days before  but couldn’t find the list of other benefits  Does anyone have the link?

Discount on Deluxe Beverage Packages 30%

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

On 5/28/2023 at 12:11 PM, neverbeenhere said:

When we have leftover drink “vouchers”, We walk into a busy bar and buy drinks for a couple women in the bar and tell the waiter to say they are from some random guys that I point at in the bar. We head back to our stateroom. 

And many probably refuse them as the norm now is to never accept a drink from a stranger and particularly if you didn’t see it being made.  Woman (men too for that matter) are always targets for their drinks being drugged.  Sad indeed.  Also, most folks who sit at the bars probably have a drink package (or are Diamond themselves).  It’s a nice gesture though.