Royal Caribbean, A Lie is a Lie

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I wonder how long we can milk this topic for. 

I think we can squeeze out a little more as this topic is udderly fascinating. And I just “validated” that when I repeated it to someone for whom English is not their first language and they half smiled and half nodded in agreement. They turned and walked away smiling but exposing their D…….. 🙂 😂 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

More importantly, have any guests thrown any wine on each other yet?  

They had the champagne squirt guns out yesterday for the Moet & Chandon celebration on the President's cruise.  Will that do?

• Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 7:38 PM, Ashland said:

When you're done with you're "dirty dishes" from room service you're supposed to call them and they will come and get them...do not leave them in the hallway.

On 7/25/2023 at 8:09 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

No, room service requests you place them in the hallway. 

On my last 3 cruises when I got Room Service I rang to get them pick up used dishes.  I was told no one was available and to put them out in the hall and someone will come along with a trolly once they have enough to pick up on that corridor. 

If you are really that upset over this maybe you choose a different cruise line or vacation…. 

I’m so glad I changed my dates on allure  when I leaned my booking was the president’s cruise. The “other platform” has been nothing but gripping an complaining over the dumbest stuff all week in that sailing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We have heard enough about the milk.

More importantly, have any guests thrown any wine on each other yet?  

The last cruise we were on I saw a guy throw a glass of milk on his wife!  I thought, how dairy!

• Haha 8

I understand that the half-and-half is tied to the  way one dresses for dinner.

If you wear shorts for dinner to the MDR you get milk for your coffee. If you wear slacks for dinner, you get half-and-half. If you want cream, you need to wear formal dress.

m

• Haha 4

I started following RCI threads on Cruise Critic when I was bored after a knee surgery.  Some of the threads are so hilarious that now I can't stop, and keep wasting my time reading them.  We have been on one RCI cruise, but that's enough to give me an idea about what is being discussed.  BTW, we enjoyed the cruise very much.

My question is: Should I sue RCI, because they are ultimately responsible for my Cruise Critic addiction?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

This has been churning for quite sometime. So much brouhaha over not getting your half and half and making a point of being deceived over a substitution.  

You butter believe it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

On my last 3 cruises when I got Room Service I rang to get them pick up used dishes.  I was told no one was available and to put them out in the hall and someone will come along with a trolly once they have enough to pick up on that corridor. 

Agree. My last 6-8 cruises, calling room service to pick up the trays resulted in being told to leave them in the hallway and they would be picked up at a later time. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

Agree. My last 6-8 cruises, calling room service to pick up the trays resulted in being told to leave them in the hallway and they would be picked up at a later time. 

Totally against the law!  SOLAS.  Safety of Life at Sea.  Picture an emergency evacuation

and all the injuries of people trying to get through the halls and tripping over broken glass.

Clearly a violation.  God help the handicapped in scooters and wheelchairs because cruiselines want to dismiss the hazard and break the law.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

Totally against the law!  SOLAS.  Safety of Life at Sea.  Picture an emergency evacuation

and all the injuries of people trying to get through the halls and tripping over broken glass.

Clearly a violation.  God help the handicapped in scooters and wheelchairs because cruiselines want to dismiss the hazard and break the law.

I can not find anything in the SOLAS regulations that support your claim that this is a violation. This has been the way for at least 25 years 

18 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Had breakfast in the MDR this morning on Wonder. Asked for half and half, was brought half and half; no questions asked. 

was brought half of half; asked why a quarter? was answered do you prefer dime and nickel? 

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2023 at 5:20 AM, little britain said:

Half and half does not exist anywhere apart from the USA.

In the rest of the world people put milk in their coffee. 

I had never heard of it: assumed it was half normal milk, half skimmed milk… but then I put it in my tea 🤢 

I would just like to clarify that it does in fact exist elsewhere.

Here in Canada, it is generally called Coffee Cream and is 18%. Has a longer BB date that regular milk but must remain refrigerated.  And I suspect other countries also have it.

image.png.7568a50f74050616f955a97fa142f3d5.png

Whipping Cream (Full Cream) is 35%

Cereal Cream is 10%

Light Cream 5%

But I drink black coffee.

dp

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, czrunner said:

I started following RCI threads on Cruise Critic when I was bored after a knee surgery.  Some of the threads are so hilarious that now I can't stop, and keep wasting my time reading them.  We have been on one RCI cruise, but that's enough to give me an idea about what is being discussed.  BTW, we enjoyed the cruise very much.

My question is: Should I sue RCI, because they are ultimately responsible for my Cruise Critic addiction?

The Royal specific blog  site is much less whiny then this one, if you want another site to be addicted to.