The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday August 9th, 2023

richwmn

Today is Book Lover's Day, International Day of the World's Indigenous People, and National Polka Day

Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood.--George Orwell, 1984

Meal Suggestion for today - Baked Caprese Chicken
Drink of the Day - Laphroaig Broadbay Sour
Wine of the Day - Castello D'alba - Douro Reserva 2019
Destination of the Day - Cape Town, South Africa

Today in History:
1898 Rudolf Diesel of Germany obtains patent #608,845 for his internal combustion engine, later known as the diesel engine

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Sitka, Alaska 0800-1600

Koningsdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0700-1600

Nieuw Amsterdam

Skagway, Alaska 0700-2100

Nieuw Statendam

Copenhagen, Denmark 0700-1700

Noordam

Juneau, Alaska 1000-2200

Oosterdam

Katakolon

Rotterdam

Invergordon, Scotland 0800-1700

Volendam

Vancouver, Canada d1600

Westerdam

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska 1400-1800

Zaandam

Akureyri, Iceland 0800-1700

Zuiderdam

At Sea destination Cork, Ireland eta 10 Aug

0809Alaska.thumb.png.358912076152664b160029d3543ef840.png

0809Atlantic.thumb.png.5783e7797deaeb460fc6299526f8d2fb.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 15

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Happy Hump Day.

I love books.  I respect Indigenous Peoples.  I haven't danced a polka in years, maybe today is the day!

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.  I'm sure I'll like the drink, I hope the wine is tasty too.

I haven't been to today's port.

An important day in history.

Prayers for everyone.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

It is currently 66°F and sunny here.

The hydrangea's I brought from my late mam and dad's house 11 years ago and created a memorial garden at ours are still flowering nicely.

3 interesting days.

I think we all want to love and be loved.

Today's food sounds nice.

Never been to South Africa.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Take care.

Graham.

IMG_20230809_111553.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Tina, Dixie, and Ann for the Hump Day reports.  I'll pass on the polka but love the other 2 days.  Rudolph Diesel had a great idea that served us well for many years.  I think people have a great need to be both loved and understood, and one without the other is a definite lacking.  Cape Town is a great city.  I've been there 3 times, twice in conjunction with Rovos Rail, and in 2014 I spent 3 days there between Crystal Serenity and MS Amsterdam.  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Salad of Arigula and Frisee, Baked Ricotta Stuffed Shells, and Strawberru Romanoff A La Mode which could have been my choices August 9, 1997 on MS Rotterdam.

Looks like a nice day.  It will get a bit hot this afternoon but nothing I can't handle.

Will walk early to take advantage of the best weather.  Recycling cart is already on the curb and I will use it this afternoon to lug in today's shopping as well as the stuff stashed at the fire house.

Roy

• Like 34

Today’s Care list:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-op, lung infection, on ECMO

Mamaofami’s DH Sam in the hospital for brain bleed, await repeat CT scan results

1Angelcat’s friend Barb post-surgery for pancreatic cancer

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Ill pets – Heartgrove’s Sam. Cruising sister’s Molly

3 killed in Firefighting helicopter crash

Canadian/US/Greek wildfires, storms/flooding, dangerous heat conditions

Shooting victims again and again

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

NextOne’s friend Denny with a large stroke, and his DW Bonnie

StLouisCruiser’s friend’s DB Mark with bile duct cancer

Kazu’s dear friend’s DH with leukemia

Crusing-along’s niece Jeannine with MS recurrence

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Marshhawk with good news from her Pulmonary appointment

Retirement of Mr. Boston

Cruzn single’s move almost complete

Kochleffel getting accepted into graduate program 

Kazu’s Ivan doing better

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

AV8rix (Nieuw Amsterdam to Aug 13), Copper10-8 (Nieuw Amsterdam to Aug 13), Dfish (Zaandam to Aug 23), StLouisCruisers (Zaandam to Aug 23) and NextOne (Zuiderdam to Aug 25)

• Like 17
  • Thanks 15

Good morning friends!  We are here in Akureyri, Iceland where the temp is 49 and very cloudy.  We hope to get up to 52 later on and it would be nice if the sun peeked out.  As soon as I'm finished here we will walk into town and do what we did last June while here - walk to the big church on the hill and then see what the Botanical Garden has growing.  My photos from June of 2022 show lots of pretty flowers but we are two months later this year so who knows? 

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report.  A good group of days to celebrate - books, indigenous people, and the polka.  I can't dance the polka but encourage others who like to, to go ahead and do it.  I think I would like to be both loved and understood, Mr. George Orwell.  The chicken dish sounds good but I am not sure about the drink or wine.  Good for Mr. Diesel patenting his amazing new engine.  Thanks go out to our wonderful reporters Tina @0106, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard .

Prayers for our extensive Care list folks.  I enjoy the good news we hear from those who have been in pain, or chemo, suffering all kinds of ills.  🙏  Congrats to those celebrating something, or cruising.  Today is the first day of school for DD as she begins another year teaching 4th grade math, and no doubt science too.  It's also the first day at the new Texas school for Ren who will be a junior this year.  I wish both my family members well as they start this new school year.  I'm betting Ren will find many new friends even though he misses his old ones.  He's a fine young man.❤️  Thanks go to Vanessa @JazzyV for keeping up with the lists for us.

The port today is Cape Town, South Africa.  We have only had it here once before, on March 18, 2022.  I have not been though was scheduled to go there several times.  I may just have to skip it!  The link to March 18, 2022 is below for your convenience.  I glanced through and see Lenda's photos on page 3 post 62 so that should make it easier for you Lenda!

Graham @grapau27 your hydrangeas are beautiful!  Even better knowing they were in your parent's garden years ago.  I hope everyone has a great day, and pretty flowers to look at, too!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Laphroaig Broadbay Sour cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/4 parts Laphroaig® Select
1/4 part Amontillado Sherry
3/4 part Lemon Juice
2 teaspoons Orange Marmalade
3 drops Fee Brothers® Old Fashioned Aromatic Bitters
Cinnamon Stick
Orange Peel

Instructions
Build all ingredients in a shaker. Add ice and shake vigorously. Fine strain into a chilled rocks glass filled with large ice. Garnish with a burnt cinnamon stick & orange peel.

Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 7.04.58 AM.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 13

Caprese literally means “of Capri.” You are probably familiar with Caprese salad which is a dish made from a different type of cheese and served with tomatoes.

Baked Caprese chicken Tender and juicy seasoned chicken is baked in a balsamic reduction with fresh mozzarella, basil, and tomato. It’s fancy enough for company but simple enough for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.

YHy7bXgGzcZaejDcMdH3bqZmDELx3fpfs-C3O8Dw

30 Minute Baked Caprese Chicken  is a dish full of flavor from balsamic and brown sugar oven-roasted tomatoes and melted mozzarella.

AbfKc9spGV6JSAfBUdbQjBVOzK6M4X2TawTdC14S

Sautéed Chicken Caprese The marinated chicken is sauteed, juicy Roma tomatoes and herby homemade pesto are added and it’s finished with melty mozzarella.

UuCJu-9WkTmWxhrKTzpGOFUHLu6f9hZwVUSvgm0r

Sending you peace, healing and all good wishes. May your life be good.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 11

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! We did not get any rain last night, but Bindi & I were treated to a magnificent offshore lightning show during our bedtime walk. No thunder. No rain. Just offshore lightning.

One of our local photography stars snapped a pic of what led up to the show I saw. 

IMG_1603.jpeg.c380bcae3bf3c283666663e53cf4d3d3.jpeg

Vanessa, thank you for taking such great care of us, especially since it turned into a longtime task. You really help to make this such a welcoming place. 

Chores, Bindi walks, HIIT and 🤞🏻pool time should keep me busy. Another heat advisory. Even Bindi is not enjoying this weather. 

IMG_1605.jpeg.9284c0fa35489f7856d9a67aefb6e2a9.jpeg

IMG_1588.jpeg.88c21cb0178f5db7d4a633f43ec00793.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. Get well & stay well everyone!

Castello D'alba - Douro Reserva 2019

Though you might want to hold this Portuguese wine until next year, lovers of rich, bold, red wine just might want to do that. I would love to taste this one. And since it is widely available, I might be able to do this. Numerous options, with online prices starting at $11.99.

Winemaker Notes

Very complex, intense aromas with the Touriga Franca conveying wild berries and rock rose. Spices and red fruit from the Tinta Roriz and very fresh and elegant floral notes of violet from the Touriga Nacional. 12 months aging in American and French barrels give the wine the mature touches of a great Douro wine with a modern and international profile. Sweet and full on the palate, with very soft, polished tannins and a long, warm finish.

Serve with game, cod and Mediterranean cuisine.

Blend: 40% Tinta Roriz, 30% Touriga Nacional, 30% Touriga Franca

WE93 Wine Enthusiast

This vineyard in Douro Superior has produced fruit for a fine, full-bodied and structured wine. With its black fruits, firm tannins and concentration, the wine will age. Best from 2024. Best Buy.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 4

Good Morning Dailyites! It’s a beautiful start to the day here in Central VA. Nothing like coffee on the patio and reading yesterday’s and today’s fleet report. 

The special days all look very interesting — polka dancing is always fun, but it has been decades since I last indulged. All the F&B suggestions look so interesting. I am so thankful that our regular contributors continue to expand my horizons each day..

Despite living in Southern Africa for a year in the early1980s, I never made it down to the Cape. I don’t think I have ever met an individual who has visited had anything but a very positive memory of their time there. The photos some of you will post later will be gorgeous, I am sure. Sadly, as time goes forward, the chances of us making that trip diminish. Sigh. So many places to visit or revisit, with a lessening amount of time.

For those on the Cares list, you are in our thoughts. And to those on the Celebrations list, we rejoice for you.

In seven weeks, we will be starting the trip to Quebec City. We will have three nights there before boarding the Zuiderdam. We feel as though this trip has been on the books ‘forever’, and are really excited that it now qualifies as imminent.

Best wishes to all,

-Cat & Dave

• Like 33

Good morning everyone.  An interesting group of days again today.  Indigenous people deserve their day to be recognized.  I love reading books but the only times I can focus on them is on a BHB.  The only time I have polkaed was in high school in gym where we had "folk activity" but we had another name for it. A thought provoking quote.  Today's dish looks wonderful, my tomatoes are very slow ripening but I will have many when they are, perfect for this dish. As usual I will take my Laphroaig neat.  The wine should be good.  Looking forward to photos of Cape Town. 

Thanks for keeping us updated on our members health events and celebrations @JazzyV  . Prayers for Baby Murphy.  Prayers for all on our lists and the people of Ukraine. 

Thanks for your lovely Hydrangea photos @grapau27. It is always wonderful to have a piece of another's garden for memories. 

Fishing was passable yesterday, back to gardening today.  Moving some Stachys, Lambs Ear that has encroaching grass.  The last Japanese Iris finished yesterday.  The Daylilies are either at peak or winding down.  We may go up into the woods and saw up that fallen Cedar and some maple branches for next year's fire starting.  Have a nice Wednesday.  

WaiBE-gkRoaJxcwBWU-Teg.jpg

IMG_20230807_085352656_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230807_085428098.jpg

IMG_20230807_085400869.jpg

IMG_20230804_101237437_HDR.jpg

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Good sunny and cool morning. It’s supposed to be around 85 but with low humidity and rain tomorrow. To all the Floridian friends, please stay safe and try to keep cool. I read Ft Lauderdale is supposed to feel like 114.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning everyone.  An interesting group of days again today.  Indigenous people deserve their day to be recognized.  I love reading books but the only times I can focus on them is on a BHB.  The only time I have polkaed was in high school in gym where we had "folk activity" but we had another name for it. A thought provoking quote.  Today's dish looks wonderful, my tomatoes are very slow ripening but I will have many when they are, perfect for this dish. As usual I will take my Laphroaig neat.  The wine should be good.  Looking forward to photos of Cape Town. 

Thanks for keeping us updated on our members health events and celebrations @JazzyV  . Prayers for Baby Murphy.  Prayers for all on our lists and the people of Ukraine. 

Thanks for your lovely Hydrangea photos @grapau27. It is always wonderful to have a piece of another's garden for memories. 

Fishing was passable yesterday, back to gardening today.  Moving some Stachys, Lambs Ear that has encroaching grass.  The last Japanese Iris finished yesterday.  The Daylilies are either at peak.  We may go up into the woods and saw up that fallen Cedar and some maple branches for next year's fire starting.  Have a nice Wednesday.  

WaiBE-gkRoaJxcwBWU-Teg.jpg

IMG_20230807_085352656_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230807_085428098.jpg

IMG_20230807_085400869.jpg

IMG_20230804_101237437_HDR.jpg

Lovely photos and nice fish catch while fishing.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. It will be warm with less humidity and even a slight breeze today.Storms are coming tomorrow again. My DSIL in Massachusetts had tornado warnings and watches yesterday and took to her basement with her little dog. Fortunately the storms passed her by.

Books have been such a major part of my life. My arthritic hands prefer the kindle reader now but I continue to read every day if only for a short time. The last book I read was an historical novel by Minette Walters, “ The Swift and the Harrier”. It takes place during the time of Cromwell and the English Civil War.

Growing up with an large extended Swedish family I was exposed to polka type dances at an early age. My parents had a large basement where family get together involved a lot of “one,two three hop”. My DB and I tried recently to remember the differences between the dances and gave my grandchildren a demonstration. Glad I had my hip replaced before trying that!

International Indigenous People’s Day is important.

I have not been to South Africa but look forward to pictures.

The first recipe looks like a good one to try today. I found beautiful tomatoes at our local farm stand yesterday . Thanks once again Tina!
@dfish, the pictures yesterday were especially beautiful, thank you for sharing them. I found Iceland to be almost magical and would love to return.

Please be careful in the extreme heat today. It sounds just awful.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Morning folks, Today will be filled with some last minute errands along with some light packing for our short trip to Pennsylvania to visit family.  Tomorrow’s flight doesn’t leave until 9:10 AM so grateful it’s not a 4 AM wake-up.

Today’s drink may be tasty but when it comes to whisky I prefer my dram neat with three drops of water.

Yesterday we went to our Credit Union to change our accounts to our new Living Trust. Arrived, checked in waited 20 minutes (they were busy) lady came over greeted us and we went to her office. She checks our ID’s and proceeds to work at her computer for ten minutes. Looks up at both of us and says what are your children’s Social Security Numbers? Woops! We’ll go back today and try again.😊

@rafinmd Was happy to hear your electrical power came back on sooner than estimated. We become so dependent on having power. I always laugh when we lose power when I keep going around the house flipping light switches to no avail. Habit!

Enough banter. Thanks for the Report and all of your special post. Bruce

image.jpeg.88faba817692c2b585abd135f4970234.jpegimage.jpeg.c39b7c462ec70350d60220c553344e53.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0f284d70cb9f791c37cbfb986c33288b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.47aa7de2607d3b9e86165f82f66e77cd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9da1c341f044fdecf993bdc0fd776ec1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cc7db07d07390701d720c6d8bb4177d8.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 24

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  We are here in Akureyri, Iceland where the temp is 49 and very cloudy.  We hope to get up to 52 later on and it would be nice if the sun peeked out.  As soon as I'm finished here we will walk into town and do what we did last June while here - walk to the big church on the hill and then see what the Botanical Garden has growing.  My photos from June of 2022 show lots of pretty flowers but we are two months later this year so who knows? 

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report.  A good group of days to celebrate - books, indigenous people, and the polka.  I can't dance the polka but encourage others who like to, to go ahead and do it.  I think I would like to be both loved and understood, Mr. George Orwell.  The chicken dish sounds good but I am not sure about the drink or wine.  Good for Mr. Diesel patenting his amazing new engine.  Thanks go out to our wonderful reporters Tina @0106, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard .

Prayers for our extensive Care list folks.  I enjoy the good news we hear from those who have been in pain, or chemo, suffering all kinds of ills.  🙏  Congrats to those celebrating something, or cruising.  Today is the first day of school for DD as she begins another year teaching 4th grade math, and no doubt science too.  It's also the first day at the new Texas school for Ren who will be a junior this year.  I wish both my family members well as they start this new school year.  I'm betting Ren will find many new friends even though he misses his old ones.  He's a fine young man.❤️  Thanks go to Vanessa @JazzyV for keeping up with the lists for us.

The port today is Cape Town, South Africa.  We have only had it here once before, on March 18, 2022.  I have not been though was scheduled to go there several times.  I may just have to skip it!  The link to March 18, 2022 is below for your convenience.  I glanced through and see Lenda's photos on page 3 post 62 so that should make it easier for you Lenda!

Graham @grapau27 your hydrangeas are beautiful!  Even better knowing they were in your parent's garden years ago.  I hope everyone has a great day, and pretty flowers to look at, too!

Hopefully the sun will appear in Akureyri today as it is a beautiful area.  The sail away is very enjoyable with sunshine.  Look for the hearts on the red lights in Akureyri.  We would like to trade you some of our heat for your cool!

• Like 22

Good morning from a clear and windy central Texas.  It is already 81F that feels like 87F with a humidity of 77% and a dew point of 73F.  Our highs into next week will be 104-106F.  After being outside for several hours the past two days, I decided to take a break from my walk this morning.  I'm a bit sore from leaning over the car engine, and think I got enough heat the past two days.  The only major item on the agenda is to take the convertible out for a drive to see if it is running any better.  Hopefully after a drive, the engine tester will be able to get the codes and we can determine why the check engine light is still on.  The check engine might even reset itself after the drive -- one can always hope.  🤞

Book Lover's Day is my day, especially with a couple of pieces of chocolate when I read.😁  Indigenous People of the world deserve to be recognized.  I don't think I've ever danced the polka, but older DD was in a polka band for several years.  In Texas. square dancing was the tradition, but I haven't square danced in decades.

I disagree with the quote as I think we all want to be loved and understood.  Understanding is a form of love.

The meal looks good, and I'll check out the recipes.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We have been to Cape Town twice, and I'm repost my pictures in a few minutes.

Rudolf Diesel created a revolutionary engine.

@rafinmd  Roy, I was happy to read last night that your power was back on much sooner than predicted. 

@grapau27  Graham, your hydrangea look lovely, and the memories behind them are lovely too.  My mother had yellow and purple iris in the long flowerbed by the driveway.  I did not get any of her bulbs, but I planted purple iris here because I loved the ones I grew up with.

@ottahand7  Nancy, great pictures of the flowers and the fish you caught.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I hope the visit to the bank goes more smoothly today.  Safe travels tomorrow.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, I hope Ren likes his new school, and makes many friends.

I hope we heard some good news today about Baby Murphy.

350787958_1343336356527064_761688974003120317_n.jpg.21602530d2dc004229f6387d43936810.jpg

352092059_817881783320752_531684224958757468_n.jpg.eeac13e6f56f340726283070b14842f3.jpg

353660028_741241158009209_3717280194237920050_n.jpg.ba076ae7bfe8de2bbb32340a08f01024.jpg

352215538_555383813427763_6857302480513995426_n.jpg.8e8a220ea8336d3848874c2eaf20c36b.jpg

I didn't know today would be Book Lovers day when I picked this meme yesterday.  Good timing.

365546843_665191188974206_7613298587826007675_n.thumb.jpg.1fa9db03237ffa85ca48d0ce091d3b40.jpg

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 20

We have been to Cape Town twice.  The first time was in 2000 on P&O Oriana world cruise.  A friend,  who we met on the ship, asked us to join them on a private tour.  The tour included a city driving tour, Table Mountain, Stellenbosch, a drive along the coast before returning to the ship to freshen up.  Our guide picked us up later and took us to the big shopping center in the Victoria and Alfred waterfront area where we were on our own for dinner.  After almost 3 months on a British ship, we wanted an American hamburger, so we went to the Hard Rock Cafe.

Views of Table Mountain and town from the ship.

785048906_P32006302.thumb.JPG.d5d38d9375abc01b69333399938fde0c.JPG

P3200633.thumb.JPG.fc9994e3a88b68c15966fd70f12be571.JPG

P3210634.thumb.JPG.b8e05de2224207d0d5679ac819f5fe9a.JPG

P3210635.thumb.JPG.982138d0a1f83f1bee6b9e72a81287a0.JPG

We drove by this statue.

P3210641.thumb.JPG.e3d14186c153dfcb083e17e1379d7d2a.JPG

Our first stop was Stellenbosch, a town outside Cape Town know for its wines.

P3210648.thumb.JPG.1dbc1314753863dcfc520fe4960e0b8d.JPG

P3210649.thumb.JPG.0c9683cdc16e5422ac9d9790c62fdd38.JPG

After our tour of a winery, each couple was given a wicker picnic basket with enough food for a small army, and each couple purchased a bottle of wine.  We had a lovely lunch in a park like setting.

P3210654.thumb.JPG.33e772afbf77df9bc05e95c08f95d26f.JPG

P3210655.thumb.JPG.33da3df91fe0811c07c3ee091bfba0b2.JPG

Our drive along the coast.

P3210665.thumb.JPG.df1bd993874433468dd153cadd144a23.JPGP3210669.thumb.JPG.d85bdd8147bba900c2c342b40b57694b.JPG

The last stop of the afternoon was Table Mountain.  Here are some views from the top.

P3210671.thumb.JPG.c96fe7c53a62aa784c1083d167131308.JPG

P3210674.thumb.JPG.3645de57a217691a7707c196a9344fac.JPG

One of the cable cars on display

P3210687.thumb.JPG.c2b35b602dab1258d92aee81ab9bb70f.JPG

I'll be back with pictures of our second visit.

Lenda

• Like 26
  • Thanks 6

I am a big fan of National Book Lovers Day, as I have been an avid reader all my life.  When I head out for a cruise I usually have at least 4 or 5 books stowed in my suitcase for those soothing days at sea.  Nothing more relaxing than sitting on the deck, watching the sea slide by, while enjoying a good book.  

• Like 22

The second time we were in Cape Town was in 2009 on Tahitian Princess when she was on her way to dry dock in Singapore where she would become Ocean Princess.  We had a day in port before disembarking the ship and flying to London for several days before flying home.  That was a great way to break up a very long flight.

Our day in port was spent on a tour to the actual Cape of Good Hope and then to Cape Point visitors center.

The actual Cape of Good Hope is a point on the bottom of a peninsula on the southern tip of Africa.  The point of the peninsula is called Cape Point, but it is often mistake for the actual cape.  The peninsula curves east which causes the confusion about the cape.  We did not know this until we took the tour.  The area around the cape is pretty rugged.

IMG_7944.thumb.JPG.cbcfa11ed5c0ae0c46a7972b559d9296.JPG

The Cape of Good Hope

IMG_7954.thumb.JPG.c4ad3f8f88572d2c16fe1b693dff3ddd.JPG

We saw some ostriches in the area, but from a distance

IMG_7942.thumb.JPG.b53ff116e5d16983e7b88f51121a18a3.JPG

Our next stop was Cape Point and the visitor center.  The point can be seen from the visitor center on top of the cape area.

IMG_7970.thumb.JPG.2b4c03b2768144bdbea52d6c3953cd19.JPG

IMG_7981.thumb.JPG.d57b9d48ab2d72b7a072f00c8463a4e5.JPG

The lighthouse.  We did not climb up there.

IMG_7968.thumb.JPG.6bcfffa0d205d740987c771474614240.JPG

On the way back to the ship, we stopped to see these cute guys.

IMG_7993.thumb.JPG.a5a1cf2b8477b078a35c186d5f0deb1f.JPG

IMG_7999.thumb.JPG.4e678076f83f0db7b6c00d1fea381f6e.JPG

IMG_8001.thumb.JPG.5c1eb44249e58388e5ea3c75c4270ac5.JPG

IMG_7994.thumb.JPG.4b8a5dc6fab908ed6969181f30b3ed34.JPG

The coast line on the return to town

IMG_8002.thumb.JPG.bd8c2fabfc1897d443571badf2a13b8d.JPG

The tour guide pointed out the hospital where Dr. Christine Bernard performed the first heart transplant.  I believe this is the hospital.

IMG_8020.thumb.JPG.bc839b483fbf84171462c79aa02743ff.JPG

We also walked around the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront area. We wanted to get new Hard Rock t-shirts, but learned they had closed several years before.

IMG_8029.thumb.JPG.2ccdd9d0a2aa41b9b2ce2f2a097f2e5c.JPG

IMG_8030.thumb.JPG.cdb9d96a547f1b7f24add328185b5af8.JPG

IMG_8031.thumb.JPG.7f66b32f016faa28e03ae90d33e55480.JPG

Lenda

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5