NOW I have a problem with the new Suite policies

sixpackeddie

I can’t speak to Oceania, but I can speak to it’s big brother, Regent. Just ensure that your “suite” is large enough for you, and compare prices. Some very high level suites have a steward plus a butler. We don’t worry about that, because a butler isn’t needed. Room stewards take care of everything, but —- . All suites have restocked mini fridge, spirits in suite, access to all restaurants, full room service, tips, excursions, and economy air included. But few want economy air, so it is a bit of a problem getting the air you want. A good TA is really needed. Post pandemic, I can personally attest that the food and all onboard service is great on Regent.  Even better than it used to be. We cruised in the Retreat on X twice before the pandemic shut down, and it was great, and at less cost than Regent. Now, the Retreat costs more and has fewer inclusions. Hello!  What shall I book? Easy, book Regent instead of the Retreat, save some money, and receive better inclusions and service. Back in 4 or 5 years ago, the Retreat (then Celebrity suites) used to be the best deal for an onboard lux cruise. Now it is the worst. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

While he is a credible source, I think I would want to hear more than one person's experience before I decide to never book a sky suite again.  I have a b2b in sky suites - one port side aft, and one corner S1.  I'll see how it goes and then make my decision going forward.  I'm hoping for the best and anticipating something less than that, but hopefully not much less

I look forward to your feedback.  Corner aft is a favorite spot for me so I would love to be shown I’m worrying for no good reason.  And I can accept “something less than the best.”

Back in the day, stewards introduced themselves politely when we were on a cheap RCCL  in an ocean view cabin. And of course, we had no butler — of course. Back in the day, on cheap cruises, we did not need a butler (probably don’t need one now) when we had full room service and when we could bring our own drinks onboard. And, as an alternative, we could buy spirits at the store on Royal, take them back to our room, and have a drink. Then, shortly after 9/11, Royal (and other lines) started prohibiting carry on drinks, under the guise of security protection allowing the X-ray of luggage —without notice to those booked before the new policy. That’s when we started looking for alternatives. And now we find that some “mass market” lines won’t even allow us to carry on water? Oh hell! Now if we can’t cruise on a line that provides us with water, soda, beer, and booze anytime and anywhere we want it, we just stay home. Sorry for the rant.

But now, some lines are cutting down on food?  X Retreat included? Well they have been squeezing cruisers  for over 22 years. After our next cruise on Regent (at less cost than on the Retreat),if it isn’t fabulous, it will be our last cruise. To my observation, cruise lines have been ripping us off for 22 years. And if the lines can’t show some respect for my $$$, they will have to do without it.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, rM3panno said:

That’s just petty and not fair to them. Im

sure they didn’t ask for the extra duties and responsibility for what I’m sure is no to very little extra pay. 

if like to see some reviews besides the video one from Zach in the already remote aft corner Sky suite. 

If the service is truly that bad then the issue should be brought up with the retreat manager and possibly the hotel director. Otherwise leave a comment in the post cruise survey because they carry a lot of weight and vote with your wallet.

I agree with your comments.  Re Zach....I watched the video and wondered throughout if he had too high expectations from a cabin 'butler'.   And a Carnival suite at approx $2500? vs the $8000 Celebrity S1?.... pricing seems odd, especially if the C butler had time to cater to his almost every whim (that we've never expected from our X butler).  Also, I'm finding with the many poster 'reviews' and 'picture taking', that staff seem to indulge those cruisers with better service;  wonder how Zach didn't seem to be the recipient?   Just saying.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, raudacruise said:

After watching Zach’s YouTube video there’s no way I’d ever book a Sky Suite with a “butler team” instead of a dedicated butler.  That’s a shame because the corner aft Sky Suites are lovely.

It's not as bad as posted...in fact, we were overwhelmed with service so it's nice not to be hovered over.  I wouldn't let the 'reduction' in attention put you off....but the over pricing would.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jelayne said:

You are probably correct.  But in the chain of who delivers Retreat experience they have assumed some duties that were previously handled by the Butler. 

If a room steward is handling 17 rooms, what capacity do they have to take on extra "duties that were previously handled by the butler?"

My impression is they just serve under another title to give an impression of being something more (so that Celebrity can avoid paying refunds), but they are normally room stewards, and they have no capacity to do any more.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

If a room steward is handling 17 rooms, what capacity do they have to take on extra "duties that were previously handled by the butler?"

My impression is they just serve under another title to give an impression of being something more (so that Celebrity can avoid paying refunds), but they are normally room stewards, and they have no capacity to do any more.

IMO you are correct. I haven't read any reports of them doing anything beyond regular steward functions. It doesn't appear that they've taken on any additional duties.

• Like 1

22 pages and I'm still confused as it appears others are as well.

We are not suite passengers--- ( non-drinkers, don't require much internet, had a Butler " years "ago but didn't use his services, don't entertain ( no upside-down pineapples here) , or dine in our room ).

I keep asking myself :

Suite passengers pay high prices for their accommodations and service, and expect ( deserve ) to receive what they have paid for-----( within reason ).

How can one person, call him/her " whatever ",  service and satisfy 12-14 rooms, cabins, suites , etc everyday ? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

How can one person, call him/her " whatever ",  service and satisfy 12-14 rooms, cabins, suites , etc everyday ? 

Who knows? In the Webinar, Laura laid out an example for us: You want your tea at 3:00, your friend wants their tea at 3:00, and do does another friend. Obviously, your butler can’t deliver tea to 3 cabins at the same time! Oh, but we fixed it!  We will use a team of butlers! Between them they’ll get it done! Sounds good, right?

Except…it sounds like you can’t request tea, or anything really, at a specific time any more. You can call room service, and room service delivers your tea at whatever time they can get it together. Butlers are not delivering anything. Does Laura think that they are? Isn’t this what happens for passengers sailing in every cabin category on the ship? Call and request what you want, your order is placed in the queue, and it’ll be delivered when it’s ready. 

Alternative: Go to the Retreat Lounge and fetch your own tea and snacks. I guess that’s where the butler team hangs out? And while there, cart some beverages back. It’s so tacky asking suite passengers to grab and go. 

• Like 8

So I watched the Zach video.  I don't know Zach, I've never watched one of his videos so I don't know his style; but seems like a good dude.  If we cruised together, I would probably enjoy chatting with him at the bar.

My biggest takeaway from it - we (cruisers, patrons, guests, whatever) have a PERCEPTION problem.  Especially when it comes to Sky Suites and understanding what they are and what's included.  To me, the Sky Suite is the entry level suite with a slightly nicer room and access to the retreat / lumanie.  Expecting a butler who is servicing 18 (or 12 or 20 or whatever the magic number of SS is) to provide the same level of service as someone in the Penthouse or Royal Suite (where they might be one butler per 2 or 4 rooms) is unrealistic.  Similar to booking a Sky Suite vs a balcony; there are certain things you will get that you don't get with a balcony.  There are things Royal Suites get things that SS don't.

During the return to cruising, we saw a lot of things we really liked (low sailing numbers, reduced fares, etc) and policies that started that were allowed (or overlooked) but were not the rules.  Then people go on youtube or cruise critic and assume they are going to get what every single person before them got.

Let's look at some Zach's concerns:

1) The upper suites had butlers meet them in the boarding lounge - I have never had a butler meet me in the lounge in the boarding area while traveling in a Sky Suite.
2) I asked about pressing a shirt and was told to fill out the form & put it in the bag - I also inquire about pressing a shirt (every single cruise) and I fill out the form & put it in the bag.  The pressing became free when I reached elite.  But I still have to put it in the bag & fill out the form.
3) I asked about filling the mini-bar with drink of choice -  The mini-bar is not included in SS.  Even when we returned to sailing in July 2021 - we were told we needed the "drinks & things package" for the mini-bar.  So we brought things back from the retreat lounge.  When we sailed later that year in Nov, the Butler offered to stock it with our favorite items.  Granted the ship was 22% full and we were one of 3 suites on the whole ship this butler had to look after.  We saw it also on the 2 other cruises.  But we also understood while this may have been our previous experience it was not the rule.
** - now they should have emptied his mini-bar for him **
6) I never saw my butler -  with only 2 SS on that entire floor, you would never see your butler.  We have stayed in similar cabins and you quickly realize it's not the same as if you are staying on a hall with a line of SS.  You call your butler, you leave notes or you tell your stateroom attendant.  Most all of our request got sorted.
7) The room shows wear.  This ship only includes Retreat Lounge, Lumanie, and my room for $8000 - That's a YOU problem Zach.  While the Reflection was scheduled to be evolutionized; Covid messed that up. YOU need to do your research and see which ships have added the sun deck or been updated.  The Reflection Retreat rooms prices in most cases reflect that it has not been updated in a bit.

😎I just didn't get the service I expected - Apparently Zach has watched a lot of youtube videos and came in with a list of expectations that just didn't get met.  He seemed laser focused on it from the beginning.

Final 2 items: first, the focus on the cost (multiple times he brings up the $8000 price tag) shows that he spent a lot more than he usually does and expected an exponentially better experience which he felt he didn't get.  Spending more will not by default give you a better vacation.  If you spend more than you are comfortable, then it is natural for you to put more pressure on Celebrity to "give" you that experience.  The lesson is - spend what you are comfortable with.  Second, (AND MORE IMPORTANTLY); if you have questions or concerns, don't wait until the day before you leave to voice them.  At least give Celebrity (or fill in the name of whatever company) the chance to fix it.  Simply coming home to blast them via Cruise Critic or YouTube seems like a waste of a vacation to me.  He got off to a rough start and just seemed convinced that it was going to stay there.  At some point, we need to control our own narrative.

I don't expect the same Butler service in a Sky Suite as I do the Penthouse suite.  I'm ok with the team approach as long as it gets done.  I have not sailed with the team approach; so I may end up coming back and singing a different tune. But previously, one of my big gripes was the time it took to get Room Service.  Twice we had to wait between 90 -120 mins bc our butler was "attending to other guests & duties".  I didn't need my butler to bring me my room service.  Anyone could have done it.  But I guess to help support tips to the butler it makes sense but expedited customer service it does not.

I think the one thing the Team Butler approach does, especially with the growing about amount of Sky Suites on each new ship, is it makes the experience consistent and repeatable.  It allows them the flexibility to move resources to take care of all the needs.  Especially if certain Butlers were going over the top (like filling the mini fridge w retreat lounge drinks) but other Butlers weren't - then people might complain.  Or if I read it on CC so I feel like I deserve it.  This is new.  There will be kinks to work out.  Not starting off stellar out of the gate is not surprising.  

Do a quick search for these posts "First time in a Sky Suite; what can I make my butler do?".  People end up making list of 12 things they expect daily of their Butlers.  People make it a sport to "see what my butler can do".  While an Icon Suite or Penthouse Suite may have those list, I don't see where it makes sense for a Sky Suite guest who has a butler with 18 rooms to unload on with a list of demands that probably wouldn't have had prior to researching it on these boards or other social media.

Edited by Team Stag
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Team Stag said:

My biggest takeaway from it - we (cruisers, patrons, guests, whatever) have a PERCEPTION problem.  Especially when it comes to Sky Suites and understanding what they are and what's included.  To me, the Sky Suite is the entry level suite with a slightly nicer room and access to the retreat / lumanie.  Expecting a butler who is servicing 18 (or 12 or 20 or whatever the magic number of SS is) to provide the same level of service as someone in the Penthouse or Royal Suite (where they might be one butler per 2 or 4 rooms) is unrealistic.  Similar to booking a Sky Suite vs a balcony; there are certain things you will get that you don't get with a balcony.  There are things Royal Suites get things that SS don't.

(I read through your whole post, but kept just some of the wording so as not to clog up the postings here.)

Anyway, I disagree with a good part of it.  My PERCEPTION (why are we shouting LOL?) is that I will get what I paid for. My perception is that I will get the perks that were promised to me, in writing, when I booked my suite.  My perception is that I will get the same kind of service I have always gotten in Sky Suites.  Yes, it is an entry level suite.  Also an entry level suite that I am paying $8-10,000 for.  It has nothing to do with how many YouTube videos I watch.  I've sailed a number of times in Sky Suites and know what the butlers have done for me.  Yes, some were a little more diligent than others, but overall I got really good service and a lot of attention.  Do I expect the same level of service I got on my one and only sailing in a Royal Suite (heaven knows I could never afford one now!)?  Of course not.  But I do expect to get what I paid for and was promised.  And for them to promote this as an improvement in service is so disingenuous to alone really annoy me.  If it was such a big improvement then why didn't they institute it for the highest level suites?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6

I love Sky Suites on Celebrity, especially Sunset Suites on E-class: however, my husband and I do not really need a butler, or a premium drink package.  Now that pricing has increased substantially for all cruises in suite class minus OBC, it was obvious to us that we needed to sail in an SV instead of a suite.  It is difficult to justify paying such a high price when we drink very little too.  We also enjoy having our own balcony and thoroughly enjoy the wake of the ship.  Both of us enjoy the Celebrity product, but suite- life for us just doesn’t appear to be that sweet anymore, so we have chosen another line to try, along with a different cabin class on Celebrity with the zero proof package.  This has nothing to do with the change in butler service, as it would be included in a suite, but we do not need that service either.  Paying for premium drinks was not a huge issue until prices skyrocketed.  Unfortunately, all the changes, along with our own personal wants, makes this a game changer for us.

We still have two suites booked and one SV, not to mention another cruise line too.  Both of us will enjoy our suites for December and next May, but there many not be anymore booked in the future, as for us, it just doesn’t make sense, no pun intended, going forward.  Also, being a shareholder is definitely not that appealing either.  We all have to make our own decisions involving opportunity cost.  For us this is all bittersweet, but our glass is always half-full!  It will be interesting to see pricing and the Celebrity suite product going forward.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

It appears that much of what used to be provided by a butler is now self service. We would always give any laundry to the butler, especially on day one when some things may not travel well.  We would have a standing order for coffee and danish at 8:00am. Told the butler once and it appeared every day. Can I fill out the card like I do on Royal when not in a suite? Yes, but inevitably I would forget a day or two. Now -- nothing will show up. I'll get good use out of the Berkus totes filling my own fridge. 

Couple the large price increases with the reduction in service -- regardless of what Laura wants to call it --- and the SS experience has lost a lot of value. Until it returns, if it ever does, we are not booking any suites on Celebrity. We will sail the two we have booked at what now appears to be great pricing and find something else. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 6

On 10/1/2023 at 7:00 PM, Dolebludger said:

The “dance” one has to do in the Retreat now is to have the mini-fridge emptied, then go to the Retreat lounge and carry water, soda, and beer back to the suite — and place these items in the mini-fridge. There is no economic reason why this procedure is needed. These items cost X the same, whether we get them from the mini-fridge or carry them from the lounge. 

Sure there is an economic reason. It takes a lot less staffing to stock one fridge in the retreat lounge (even if you have to fill more often) than 200 fridges in sky suites. 

Yes it is perception but if you bought a package advertising a butler then that's what you'd expect to receive.

Basically this has gone from a suite experience to a glorified stateroom.

The way I see it

Butler is basically a stateroom attendant that's cleaning the room

Concierge - dealing with reservations

Manger - is a supervisor who should be checking on what's going on but isn't so probably seeing them on day 1 only.

Room service for food ordered 

Everything else get yourself, that's pretty bad service for the amount of money paying for a suite.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Team Stag said:

So I watched the Zach video.  I don't know Zach, I've never watched one of his videos so I don't know his style; but seems like a good dude.  If we cruised together, I would probably enjoy chatting with him at the bar.

During the return to cruising, we saw a lot of things we really liked (low sailing numbers, reduced fares, etc) and policies that started that were allowed (or overlooked) but were not the rules.  Then people go on youtube or cruise critic and assume they are going to get what every single person before them got.

Let's look at some Zach's concerns:

1) The upper suites had butlers meet them in the boarding lounge - I have never had a butler meet me in the lounge in the boarding area while traveling in a Sky Suite.
2) I asked about pressing a shirt and was told to fill out the form & put it in the bag - I also inquire about pressing a shirt (every single cruise) and I fill out the form & put it in the bag.  The pressing became free when I reached elite.  But I still have to put it in the bag & fill out the form.
3) I asked about filling the mini-bar with drink of choice -  The mini-bar is not included in SS.  Even when we returned to sailing in July 2021 - we were told we needed the "drinks & things package" for the mini-bar.  So we brought things back from the retreat lounge.  When we sailed later that year in Nov, the Butler offered to stock it with our favorite items.  Granted the ship was 22% full and we were one of 3 suites on the whole ship this butler had to look after.  We saw it also on the 2 other cruises.  But we also understood while this may have been our previous experience it was not the rule.
** - now they should have emptied his mini-bar for him **
6) I never saw my butler -  with only 2 SS on that entire floor, you would never see your butler.  We have stayed in similar cabins and you quickly realize it's not the same as if you are staying on a hall with a line of SS.  You call your butler, you leave notes or you tell your stateroom attendant.  Most all of our request got sorted.
7) The room shows wear.  This ship only includes Retreat Lounge, Lumanie, and my room for $8000 - That's a YOU problem Zach.  While the Reflection was scheduled to be evolutionized; Covid messed that up. YOU need to do your research and see which ships have added the sun deck or been updated.  The Reflection Retreat rooms prices in most cases reflect that it has not been updated in a bit.

😎I just didn't get the service I expected - Apparently Zach has watched a lot of youtube videos and came in with a list of expectations that just didn't get met.  He seemed laser focused on it from the beginning.

Final 2 items: first, the focus on the cost (multiple times he brings up the $8000 price tag) shows that he spent a lot more than he usually does and expected an exponentially better experience which he felt he didn't get.  Spending more will not by default give you a better vacation.  If you spend more than you are comfortable, then it is natural for you to put more pressure on Celebrity to "give" you that experience.  The lesson is - spend what you are comfortable with.  Second, (AND MORE IMPORTANTLY); if you have questions or concerns, don't wait until the day before you leave to voice them.  At least give Celebrity (or fill in the name of whatever company) the chance to fix it.  Simply coming home to blast them via Cruise Critic or YouTube seems like a waste of a vacation to me.  He got off to a rough start and just seemed convinced that it was going to stay there.  At some point, we need to control our own narrative.

I don't expect the same Butler service in a Sky Suite as I do the Penthouse suite.  I'm ok with the team approach as long as it gets done.  I have not sailed with the team approach; so I may end up coming back and singing a different tune. But previously, one of my big gripes was the time it took to get Room Service.  Twice we had to wait between 90 -120 mins bc our butler was "attending to other guests & duties".  I didn't need my butler to bring me my room service.  Anyone could have done it.  But I guess to help support tips to the butler it makes sense but expedited customer service it does not.

I think the one thing the Team Butler approach does, especially with the growing about amount of Sky Suites on each new ship, is it makes the experience consistent and repeatable.  It allows them the flexibility to move resources to take care of all the needs.  Especially if certain Butlers were going over the top (like filling the mini fridge w retreat lounge drinks) but other Butlers weren't - then people might complain.  Or if I read it on CC so I feel like I deserve it.  This is new.  There will be kinks to work out.  Not starting off stellar out of the gate is not surprising.  

Do a quick search for these posts "First time in a Sky Suite; what can I make my butler do?".  People end up making list of 12 things they expect daily of their Butlers.  People make it a sport to "see what my butler can do".  While an Icon Suite or Penthouse Suite may have those list, I don't see where it makes sense for a Sky Suite guest who has a butler with 18 rooms to unload on with a list of demands that probably wouldn't have had prior to researching it on these boards or other social media.

You both have valid points. I agree that the communication of roles and duties definitely need more clearly defined. This was sometimes valid pre-COVID too, so it's not totally unique or new. The lack of emptied trash cans, etc, like he mentioned, could have occurred in an inside. That's not a suite specific issue. His other gripes were mainly things not offered to Sky Suites, or were exceptions for some that became the expecation. The $8,000 price tag, I'm not sure why that was so prevalently mentioned. In 2023 terms that is far from a high priced cabin on a Med cruise. It was $8,000 not $80,000. 

I get that people want to agree with him because they want to hear the negativity and they want their opinions bolstered. Celebrity has certainly flubbed some things in the past few months, but to say this is a damning review of the product is a bit of a stretch. There isn't a whole lot of substance there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

There isn't a whole lot of substance there.

That's the problem with Retreat.  There's isn't a whole lot of substance except a larger room, which is more like a room in any land hotel that is more than 1k a day.  What existed before cutbacks may have been smoke and mirrors, but without it the room is just a room with access to a lounge (not a novel concept for anyone that travels on land), and a restaurant concept that seems to have become hit or miss for many reasons.  For warmer weather climates there's access to a sun deck, but that is of little use in cooler weather especially since there are no heaters.  Still no forward views from inside on Edge class, and certainly not for only Retreat.  

The laundry example above is a good one, as a housekeeper is unlikely to expedite anything whereas a butler would troubleshoot with an eye towards meeting the customers needs. 

I also take issue that size of the suite room should dictate the level of service.  

Edited by Cap_D
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

There isn't a whole lot of substance there.

I disagree. Many of the "little" personalized things that the butler did is now self service. Whether it be dealing with laundry, morning coffee, afternoon deliveries, or a drink or two, you are now on your own -- just like any other stateroom. That's fine if that is what was advertised and sold to you -- it most certainly is not. To state by Celebrity that nothing has changed is disingenuous at best. To have never had any outward communication to the SS guests about the changes is ridiculous. 

You have a stateroom attendant, who puts on a retreat host shirt when they enter your SS, the retreat concierge's (who have always been there) and a Manger -- somewhere overseeing everything. 

Why would someone who spends a good chunk of change "want to hear the negativity"? I just want the product that I bought to be delivered -- no more, no less. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

You both have valid points. I agree that the communication of roles and duties definitely need more clearly defined. This was sometimes valid pre-COVID too, so it's not totally unique or new. The lack of emptied trash cans, etc, like he mentioned, could have occurred in an inside. That's not a suite specific issue. His other gripes were mainly things not offered to Sky Suites, or were exceptions for some that became the expecation. The $8,000 price tag, I'm not sure why that was so prevalently mentioned. In 2023 terms that is far from a high priced cabin on a Med cruise. It was $8,000 not $80,000. 

I get that people want to agree with him because they want to hear the negativity and they want their opinions bolstered. Celebrity has certainly flubbed some things in the past few months, but to say this is a damning review of the product is a bit of a stretch. There isn't a whole lot of substance there.

I watched the video review for as long as I could...but it was just boring.  Did not learn much that could not be learned from Cruise Critic posts.

We had a one and done Sky Suite experience on BEYOND last winter We..liked the larger room but not the bthrm layout or tub/ shower combo. Never used the larger balc.   Our butler was "always there"...not in a good way. We liked the early boarding and disembark perks..Disliked Luminae..The Retreat and pool areas were ok..Glad we did not get hooked on suites.. We won't have dashed expectations on our upcoming X cruises.. We are already prepared abt the decline in quality of food!  But hoping for enjoyable experiences.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Team Stag said:Do a quick search for these posts "First time in a Sky Suite; what can I make my butler do?".  People end up making list of 12 things they expect daily of their Butlers.  People make it a sport to "see what my butler can do".  While an Icon Suite or Penthouse Suite may have those list, I don't see where it makes sense for a Sky Suite guest who has a butler with 18 rooms to unload on with a list of demands that probably wouldn't have had prior to researching it on these boards or other social media.

Ehh I have to disagree with you there. I speculate the average person doesn’t think Iike that at all. You should give people more credit. To be fair, Celebrity put out an article on all the wonderful things your butler can do for you as advertisement. Now I wouldn’t ask a butler to unpack my bags or draw me a bath and most people wouldn’t. But Celebrity is promoting the Retreat a very luxurious experience and frankly it doesn’t seem like it is anymore. Their verbiage on their booking site doesn’t say “Your dedicated team of attendants, concierges, and butlers will do everything to ensure you never have to lift a finger on vacation. Except if you book a Sky Suite.”

• Like 5

4 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

curious about any first hand villa experiences

Was a great experience. Perks in Edge Villa were:

-priority boarding was met by our butler and escorted on the ship

-dedicated butler

- 2 complimentary bottles of alcohol in suite

- fruit and cheese platter delivered daily

-monogrammed Retreat PJ’s

-unlimited dry cleaning, pressing and laundry

-mini fridge stocked with complimentary alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages

- unlimited specialty complimentary specialty resteraunt dining

If I missed anything I will let you know!

14 minutes ago, sixpackeddie said:

Was a great experience. Perks in Edge Villa were:

-priority boarding was met by our butler and escorted on the ship

-dedicated butler

- 2 complimentary bottles of alcohol in suite

- fruit and cheese platter delivered daily

-monogrammed Retreat PJ’s

-unlimited dry cleaning, pressing and laundry

-mini fridge stocked with complimentary alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages

- unlimited specialty complimentary specialty resteraunt dining

If I missed anything I will let you know!

great to know. thanks. i do have high expectations in a year for my retirement cruise.  also i hope le voyage and the rest of the dining experiences continue to be free.

8 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

Yes it is perception but if you bought a package advertising a butler then that's what you'd expect to receive.

Basically this has gone from a suite experience to a glorified stateroom.

The way I see it

Butler is basically a stateroom attendant that's cleaning the room

Concierge - dealing with reservations

Manger - is a supervisor who should be checking on what's going on but isn't so probably seeing them on day 1 only.

Room service for food ordered 

Everything else get yourself, that's pretty bad service for the amount of money paying for a suite.

Agree with most everything except from what I have read the Head Butler appears on day 1 and the last day, looking for tips, maybe.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1