Oasis Portside BBQ Price Increase

49 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What was the prior pricing? Hard to judge the significance with no comparison. An increase was just a matter of time though. 

Assuming the menu on Royal's website has the previous prices (https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/menus/portside-bbq-menu-sample.pdf) 2 cuts went up by $4.50 and 3 cuts went up by $6.60. Pitmaster fav increased by $5.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty big % increase. This was two sailings ago:

IMG_4502.jpeg

30-40% !!!!

An increase is not unexpected, but that percentage is crazy!

And before someone says that another $3-4 is not a lot on a multi thousand dollar cruise, that is not the point. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 16

RC can get away with just about anything and pax will still book .

Raising prices and lowering services didnt sway future bookings .

What a success story , bet there`s lots of back slapping and handshakes going on in the boardroom

these days while they try to figure out how much their bonuses are going to be.

Raises for everybody ! 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

It's in line with the other recent price increases I mentioned (Playmakers and Mason Jar brunch) so the % doesn't surprise me.

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

Should be included, like Guy's is on Carnival.

I agree.  I'm not sure why folks ever paid for this, when food is part of their cruise fare.  This is not expensive food for Royal to provide.

Edit to Add: I mean, why would anyone pay $4 for a side?  Those sides are cheap and provided on the boat elsewhere gratis.  I forsee another Johnny Rocket's ghost town coming - or one where the only folks there are those not paying directly, like UDP and free offers.

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Rackham said:

Assuming the menu on Royal's website has the previous prices (https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/menus/portside-bbq-menu-sample.pdf) 2 cuts went up by $4.50 and 3 cuts went up by $6.60. Pitmaster fav increased by $5.

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Pretty big % increase. This was two sailings ago:

IMG_4502.jpeg

30-40% !!!!

And before someone says that another $3-4 is not a lot on a multi thousand dollar cruise, that is not the point. 

mac_tlc

Certainly my idea of significant.

• Like 3

So the $20 credit from the UDP doesn't even cover the 3 meal combo anymore.

These prices are ridiculous given all the free food options on the ship. Rather pay a bit more on land when the rest of the food isn't subsidized.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, loudbmw said:

Who needs sides, al la carte ribs for $6 is a real bargain. Hard for me to finish.

We found it to be a great tasting meal. It was the best deal on the ship, and compared to Chops as of late.  It’s probably still a “deal” with the price hike. 

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Because everyone has their own preferences as to what they choose to spend money on.

Agree, I really don't understand why so many are concerned with how people spend money on their own vacation.  I'm speculating, is the argument that if the majority stopped paying for extras or paying for the price increases then Royal will return to the past?  I get it but I don't see it happening.  3 cruises in the last 14 months and even with the sticker shock everything was in high demand, plenty of people purchasing the extras even with the price increases. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

I really don't understand why so many are concerned with how people spend money on their own vacation.

This will baffle me til the day I die.

There are an infinite number of things that people spend their money on in everyday life that I never would but I don't judge them for it.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

This will baffle me til the day I die.

There are an infinite number of things that people spend their money on in everyday life that I never would but I don't judge them for it.

I get home from the store and cant even explain some purchases to myself, let alone someone else. I bought a veggie tray, ok, but the tomatoes dont look good and I dont rat the broccoli. I realized all I'll eat are the carrots and hidden valley ranch dip. I waste too much money on food anyway.

Cruises are for someone else cooking.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1