LAFFNVEGAS Alaska Bound...Live September 3, 2023 HAL Westerdam

LAFFNVEGAS

12 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

We actually stayed out a bit later tonight lol, after dinner we went to the Rolling Stone Lounge and watched the Game Show The Game of Love, it was pretty funny, then we stayed and watched the first set of Days of Disco music. It is always fun people watching 😃

We left just before the Orange Party but let me say many were dressed in Orange and even some in costumes. One person had a big pumpkin costume and the other was a blow up orange horse 😂 Several were dressed head to toe in Orange. It has been a few years since I had seen the Orange Party and had not realized what it had grown into. I guess I need to be more prepared for our December cruise.

It sounds like the Orange Party is finally gaining favor with HAL cruisers, much like Club Orange!  It has taken awhile for Club Orange to catch on with long time Mariners.  I have noticed that the Orange Party has become more and more popular on our most recent cruises!   Love the idea of the pumpkin and orange horse (and they were passengers?). 

We’ll be in a NS on the Westerdam to Alaska next year.  I’m enjoying your review.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

It sounds like the Orange Party is finally gaining favor with HAL cruisers, much like Club Orange!  It has taken awhile for Club Orange to catch on with long time Mariners.  I have noticed that the Orange Party has become more and more popular on our most recent cruises!   Love the idea of the pumpkin and orange horse (and they were passengers?). 

We’ll be in a NS on the Westerdam to Alaska next year.  I’m enjoying your review.

Yes they were definitely passengers. Many wearing Orange Hats and orange beads. It’s starting to look like a convention where people dress up in costumes. 
Also the shop on board are selling Orange stuff like bow ties, belts scarfs and beads. 
while I did not buy any logo wear this time Tom did but I found out that HAL has gone back to the vendor that ran the shops previously called Starboard and they got rid of Duffreys. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

It’s Thursday night and time to play What’s for Dinner tonight on the Holland America Westerdam, 
What would you be ordering? 

I'll play - pass on the drinks, just water w/lemon tonight.

French onion soup, Ceasar salad, Chicken cordon bleu sub green beans for the peas (love that HAL will do that), finishing w/lemon meringue cheesecake w/blueberry sauce (the bluerries pulled me in). 

Yummy - thanks for having me over!

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ok for what we ordered, I had the Seafood and Artickoe starter which was delicious, then Short Rib Stroganoff again very good and the Opera Cake. We also each had Chateau Ste Michelle Riesling 
Tom skipped the starter but had the Filet and Lobster with Baked Potato and they brought him a large plate of carrots, then he had a Hot Fudge Sundae

IMG_4536.jpeg

IMG_4537.jpeg

IMG_4538.jpeg

IMG_4539.jpeg

IMG_4540.jpeg

IMG_4541.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

After dinner this evening we went to the Ocean Bar and each had a drink then got to see the Trio Third Avenue West perform. They were good for a light Jazz background music.  Then we headed to the MainStage for the first performance of a very funny Comedian by the name of Alycia Cooper. She was quite good 👍🏻 

Tomorrow will be an early morning since we actually have a shore excursion Waterfront and Wildlife Cruise. Hopefully will see some form of wildlife life since so far have not seen anything which is very odd for us when coming to Alaska.

Signing off for the night.

• Like 8