Rogueperson's **LIVE** Jewel of the Seas 9/14/2023 - 9/28/2023.

Rogueperson

8 hours ago, Crism said:

On this cruise too! Can't wait! The Faceybooky group is WILD. So much speculation, it's almost entertaining to see what is posted next.

Good news is there were a few cancels already, and I snagged a sweet new cabin!

From what category to what category? Was this a Royal up change?

My DH wanted to book this cruise but I told him, "September in the Atlantic"?  No, high chance of a hurricane and guess what?  So, we booked on Jewel Oct 20 and Oct 30 b2b 10 night NE/Canada northbound and 10 night southbound instead.  Watching the current weather and Carnival Legend this week I'm glad we did. Greenland was very enticing, but...

Edited by BND

Its 9am EST, and still no word from Royal.  I won't repost as someone else posted it, but I did get an email that pretty much said "yeah, we'll let you know, we got our eye on it".

The weather is clear for boarding, but that's probably the only thing that's a sure thing at the moment.

As for me.  I'm mostly packed.  The only thing left are the things we will need to use on Wednesday morning.  My plan is to drive up tomorrow evening.

I actually have plans to have dinner with my travel agent.  Yeah, my agent who got me this wonderful deal on this cruise, who ironically, I met on Grandeur in 2015 and she's been my travel agent since.  The best part of it was she didn't hold herself out as one.  We met onboard and became friends.  It was actually after when I remembered she mentioned she was a travel agent and that was it.  No solicitation for business.  It was actually me that reached out to her.  And she's been great ever since.

She chose the place as I don't know Philly well.  We're taking a slight detour to allow this dinner engagement.  I haven't seen them since before Covid.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

From what category to what category? Was this a Royal up change?

No change in category. Booked an interior guarantee and landed in a 3V on Deck 3 Aft a long ways down the hall. I've been looking to change cabins for 2 months, and 2 3Vs finally opened up yesterday! Deck 8 forward or Deck 4 mid-ship.

We decided on Deck 4 mid-ship in case there is motion as my travel partner is sometimes sensitive to it. Can't beat the location right between Centrum floor (far enough away from the noise) and forward stairs (gym in the morning, etc).

• Like 3

I chose midship on deck 9.  I didn't even attempt a Royal Up because I know the North Atlantic can be rough even without hurricanes.

Last time I did a royal Up, I went from a midship interior on deck 7 on my 12 night Enchantment cruise to a Unobstructed Balcony on Deck 7.  I got a real deal on it, because with the royal up bid, I paid a total of 2K for that room.  Royal was offering it for sale for 4K (for 2).  (I did a live thread on that one too if you're curious).

The problem was that i got the 2nd cabin from the very front.  It was a rough ride through most of the cruise.  For this reason, i doubt I will ever do a royal up again.  The only reason I would do it, is to get a suite, but i found that the bid isn't really conducive to any real savings to get that upgrade.

• Like 1

We're on this cruise too, wherever it goes! I've never had such full suitcases for any of my cruises but I'm prepared for anything. We're driving from Canada tomorrow and if we get word that we're not heading north after all, we'll just leave the cold weather layers in the car.

Adding to the 'fun' is the official inspection that will be happening when Jewel arrives in Bayonne for our cruise. Hopefully those of you on board now won't be delayed too much for your disembarkation. The first arrival time for us is 12 pm.

Kathy

Edited by Chrislynn55

5 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

I am on this trip with 4 other people.  Fingers and toes crossed that we go somewhere!  Katherine 

I'm not afraid of not boarding.  Royal would not do that because that's just lost revenue when the weather is 75 degrees and clear on Thursday.  They want us on that ship spending money.

After that?  Shrug GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 3

Oh goodness, if they were to reroute us south to warm weather my wardrobe would be sparse.  I think maybe 3 pairs of leggings and t-shirts, lol. Sweats, jeans , sweaters are not what I  think of for caribbean.  Better go pack a couple pairs of flip flops .

Edited by Bleueyes44
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Following along.  I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you all on this cruise.  

@Rogueperson Are you still traveling with your own coffee/aero press etc?  I apologize in advance if I am mixing you up with someone else.  Thought I remembered that from a prior LIVE report.

You are correct.  That is me.  And yes, I am bringing coffee.  My wife convinced me to actually buy *shudder* pre-grounded coffee.  So I'm going to compromise.  I will go to Starbucks on Thursday, which will be in the mall across from the hotel, and buy two pounds of coffee and have them grind it for me!!!  Win!!!  Experience has shown me with my last cruise that a pound of coffee is NOT enough for both my wife and I for 14 nights.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, little britain said:

So Vision leaving Baltimore also on Thursday doing CNE itinerary has been totally rerouted down to Cape Canaveral and PDCC. 

I just responded to this on our board.  Vision has logistical issues sailing from Baltimore.  Even though its leaving the same day we are, it is farther south.  It has to spend 8+ hours going south to exit the bay before it hits International Waters before she can start going north.  At that point in time, she's parallel to Lee.  She can't get around Lee and her choices would be to lag behind Lee at its speed, which is slow.  Or wait until it goes into Canada.  Also, being behind Lee, she would be subjected to storm waters all the way up north.  This delay would just trash their timeline into Canada so its easier for them to just go South away from Lee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rogueperson said:

You are correct.  That is me.  And yes, I am bringing coffee.  My wife convinced me to actually buy *shudder* pre-grounded coffee.  So I'm going to compromise.  I will go to Starbucks on Thursday, which will be in the mall across from the hotel, and buy two pounds of coffee and have them grind it for me!!!  Win!!!  Experience has shown me with my last cruise that a pound of coffee is NOT enough for both my wife and I for 14 nights.

Sounds like a master plan!  I too am a big coffee drinker but I haven’t gone to the extent to travel with my own supplies yet. 

2 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Sounds like a master plan!  I too am a big coffee drinker but I haven’t gone to the extent to travel with my own supplies yet. 

This has the added benefit of not having to bring my cannister of coffee and just use the new bag.  Now the real question is will I make a huge mess in the dining room?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Rogueperson said:

This has the added benefit of not having to bring my cannister of coffee and just use the new bag.  Now the real question is will I make a huge mess in the dining room?

LOL 😂  Please post pics either way 

DW asked for decaf in MDR breakfast on Liberty last week.  You would have thought the waiter was asked to give up his first born child by the look on his face!  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

LOL 😂  Please post pics either way 

DW asked for decaf in MDR breakfast on Liberty last week.  You would have thought the waiter was asked to give up his first born child by the look on his face!  

DE---CAF?  What is this you speak of?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

DE---CAF?  What is this you speak of?

Yeah I know, right!  I keep my comments

to myself - self preservation. 😂  To each his/her own.  She used to drink regular/black like myself.  Jitters and headaches resulted from drinking it all

day and was just easier for her to get off the caff.   Hope you have an enjoyable coffee experience onboard!