Rogueperson's **LIVE** Jewel of the Seas 9/14/2023 - 9/28/2023.

Rogueperson

1 hour ago, Rogueperson said:

This has the added benefit of not having to bring my cannister of coffee and just use the new bag.  Now the real question is will I make a huge mess in the dining room?

Wouldn't be the first time. 😂

Apparently we are going to Manhattan first....

About Your Upcoming Travels 
space

Dear Guest,

As promised, we wanted to provide you with an update to your Jewel of the Seas September 14th, 2023 sailing.

Along with our Chief Meteorologist, Craig Setzer, we’ve been monitoring adverse weather from the remnants of Hurricane Lee. To ensure a safe and smooth journey, we’ll now overnight in Manhattan, New York instead of visiting Halifax, Nova Scotia. We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. Nevertheless, we’re excited to sail away with you! Below please find our revised itinerary.

Date

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

09/14/23

Thu

Cape Liberty, New Jersey

5:00 PM

09/14/23

Thu

Manhattan, New York

6:30 PM

09/15/23

Fri

Manhattan, New York

8:00 PM

09/16/23

Sat

Cruising

09/17/23

Sun

Cruising

09/18/23

Mon

Cruising

09/19/23

Tue

Cruising

09/20/23

Wed

Nuuk, Greenland

8:00 AM

5:00 PM

09/21/23

Thu

Cruising

09/22/23

Fri

Qaqortoq, Greenland

9:00 AM

7:00 PM

09/23/23

Sat

Nanortalik, Greenland

7:00 AM

2:00 PM

09/24/23

Sun

Cruising

09/25/23

Mon

St. John’s, Newfoundland

7:00 AM

4:00 PM

09/26/23

Tue

Cruising

09/27/23

Wed

Cruising

09/28/23

Thu

Cape Liberty, New Jersey

8:00 AM

Sightseeing in Manhattan excites and amazes like nowhere else — and every neighborhood presents a fascinating, unique personality. Tour Rockefeller Center and catch a show at Radio City Music Hall. Walk the High Line and soak in the urban buzz of Times Square. Experience The Big Apple – by tour bus, subway, or on foot. Whatever you decide to do, we know you’ll have a memorable time!

Any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions booked for Halifax will automatically be refunded to your original form of payment. Feel free to visit the Royal Caribbean App and select the RTFImage_65010dd2bbd5287a77f741f9.jpg icon or pass by our Shore Excursions Desk on Deck 5 so our destination experts can help you plan your time in Manhattan.

We’re sorry for the last-minute change caused by the weather – the safety and well-being of our guests and crew members remain our highest priority. Please know, being onboard a ship is one of the safest places to be because we are faster and can move out of the way of any inclement weather.

This is the latest update. The situation does remain fluid, but we are currently looking good for travel to Greenland. We continue to closely monitor the weather conditions for our voyage and any potential delays or impacts to ensure a comfortable cruise. Our team will keep you informed every step of the way.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

space
space
Royal Caribbean Logo
space
space
space
space
© 2023 Royal Caribbean International. Use of our various websites, mobile application(s), kiosks,
and other digital platforms are subject to our Terms of Use.

You are receiving this email message because you are booked on a Royal Caribbean International cruise.
This email is informational only.

Be sure to save Royal Caribbean International Express Notification Alerts and noreply@everbridge.net to your contacts,
to ensure you receive all the important updates regarding your booking.

Royal Caribbean Intl.
1050 Caribbean Way Miami, FL 33132
www.royalcaribbean.com
space

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am very happy with this new itinerary.  We will enjoy the ship on Friday (first time on Radiance class).  Being from PA no need to go out and explore NY.  Halifax is nice but have been a number of times so not a big loss for us.  Now fingers crossed that Lee behaves itself and stays on present track.  Just so glad we will make it to Greenland.  Katherine 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Well, that's not too bad at all. Unless you're from NY of course. Shame about Halifax but it could have been so much worse.

Just waiting for the “ I only booked this cruise to go to Halifax” whines!  

Whereas we look on it as a free nights hotel accommodation in central Manhattan!!!  Winner winner chicken dinner! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Well, that's not too bad at all. Unless you're from NY of course. Shame about Halifax but it could have been so much worse.

I'd be willing to bet, most of the NYer's never sightsee in NY.  I know my DH's family lived in the Bronx and went years without going into the city.  It's like us, we live in the DC metro area and haven't been downtown in years.  There are still things we haven't seen in NY and besides going a lot when DH and I were dating to visit his relatives, we've also gone many times to see shows.  There are many good restaurants and the city is pretty at night.  There are museums, tours, etc and the weather will be good.  Just so many options.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BND said:

I'd be willing to bet, most of the NYer's never sightsee in NY.  I know my DH's family lived in the Bronx and went years without going into the city.  It's like us, we live in the DC metro area and haven't been downtown in years.  There are still things we haven't seen in NY and besides going a lot when DH and I were dating to visit his relatives, we've also gone many times to see shows.  There are many good restaurants and the city is pretty at night.  There are museums, tours, etc and the weather will be good.  Just so many options.

You know, that's so true. We live in a very touristy area and I'll often get people from various forums asking me for suggestions on things to see and do and I have to refer them to the local tourist board's website because we never go to any of the touristy sites! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, little britain said:

Whereas we look on it as a free nights hotel accommodation in central Manhattan!!!  Winner winner chicken dinner! 

Absolutely! Enjoy! 😁

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

You know, that's so true. We live in a very touristy area and I'll often get people from various forums asking me for suggestions on things to see and do and I have to refer them to the local tourist board's website because we never go to any of the touristy sites! 😂

What's funny is my DH's family all said "we can go into Manhattan anytime we want", but they never did lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BND said:

Depending on your viewpoint, I was just telling my wife, this is probably the only time we actually get to visit NYC without paying some kind of toll to get there 😁.

I haven't actually step foot into NYC since I was a teenager, though i've seen it many times from Bayonne.  As this is a spur of the moment port and one that I had no inkling of the amount of stuff here, its going to be interesting.  I have an idea or two, but some things need to shake out first.

I'll let you know and I'm pretty sure you guys will find it amusing.  Especially those that know me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, little britain said:

I really wanted to go to Halifax!!!  I was trying to get a Beaver Tail that i missed last time,. Ironically because of rain.  Aaah well, i'll just have to wait yet again.  I do have plans to go to Toronto next year, and there's a Beaver Tail place there I can hit i think.

1.5 hours to get to manahattan. thats nuts! i guess with traffic it will take that long. at least you will get a view of the statue

for yummy food i highly recommend juniors bakery for not only cheesecake but tons of great sandwiches and goulash too! ive driven 2 hours just to have dinner there. 

1515 Broadway @, W 45th St, New York, NY 10036

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

or yummy food i highly recommend juniors bakery for not only cheesecake but tons of great sandwiches and goulash too! ive driven 2 hours just to have dinner there. 

Thanks. Try it next month before getting on Jewel

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

1.5 hours to get to manahattan. thats nuts! i guess with traffic it will take that long. at least you will get a view of the statue

for yummy food i highly recommend juniors bakery for not only cheesecake but tons of great sandwiches and goulash too! ive driven 2 hours just to have dinner there. 

It doesn't take 1.5 hours.  At most an hour or so but it takes time to tie up, etc.  We've cruised out of NY before and out of Bayonne and circled around the Statue of Liberty.  The Manhattan piers aren't far from Bayonne.

We eat at Juniors every time we're in Manhattan, usually for breakfast but we've had other meals there too.  But, that said, there are a ton or local diners that have really good food also.  We just stop by any place that looks interesting and has an "A" health dept rating and we've had some great food in everything from corner diners to small neighborhood bars.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1