Rogueperson's **LIVE** Jewel of the Seas 9/14/2023 - 9/28/2023.

Rogueperson

15 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Congrats. That will be me next cruise 

Hummm ...

I've been Diamond Plus now for a couple of cruises, and have yet to receive a D+ pin....

Guess I'll  have to ask about it in 46 days on the Jewel.

Aloha,

John  

36 minutes ago, jcl410 said:

Hummm ...

I've been Diamond Plus now for a couple of cruises, and have yet to receive a D+ pin....

Guess I'll  have to ask about it in 46 days on the Jewel.

Aloha,

John  

Just talk to the LA.  I accidentally threw our D pins out on the cruise we received them but never replaced them.  Our D+ pins are on the card they came on in a bin with other cruise junk.  We never wear them either.  

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

That's a bit stingy. Just one coffee instead of all day access to a working coffee machine? 😕

When the DL machine is broken that has been the norm - one limited menu coffee. 

The extra coffee mentioned here (even when the DL machine is working) seems to be the norm on longer sailings with lots of upper tier C&A customers.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

Almost looks like the transition from the unlimited drinks in the Diamond Lounge during "Happy Hour" to 4,5,6 per day.

Many pluses and minuses as posted by thousands of reviews.

Some people do not want nor need two or more specialty coffees per day.

RCI saves money by not trying to attend to a specialty coffee maker for hours during the cruise for hundreds of Diamond, Diamond +, and Pinnacle users.

I would rather have the specialty coffee maker working in the Diamond Lounge instead of one specialty coffee per day.

I fret the bean counters (pun intended) have been watching me make two or three specialty coffee drinks per day in the morning Diamond Happy hours.

I apologize to everyone, maybe I abused the system and now you are being denied access because of my abuse of the system.

Sigh, ....., I will go with my card to be punched once per day.

The sun will rise on the first morning of my cruise and I WILL salute it with a cup of coffee, not matter where it comes from.

It will be a great day!

• Like 2

The shortest cruise was very enjoyable - up the Hudson and into Pier 88. 

We went out for dinner, saw very few other people getting off which I cannot understand… I mean you’re in NY overnight!!! 🤷‍♀️
Out of the terminal elevator and you’re immediately on the street on W48th just 2 blocks away from the jumping vibrant and eye opening sights of Hells Kitchen!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

The shortest cruise was very enjoyable - up the Hudson and into Pier 88. 

We went out for dinner, saw very few other people getting off which I cannot understand… I mean you’re in NY overnight!!! 🤷‍♀️
Out of the terminal elevator and you’re immediately on the street on W48th just 2 blocks away from the jumping vibrant and eye opening sights of Hells Kitchen!

To be honest, we didn’t hear any announcement saying we were free to disembark.  We had to go “can we get off?”

My impression of my first time in NYC as an adult?  Overwhelming.  Wow.  My wife and I normally like to eat the local food when we visit a port.  In NYC, that’s not case.  They have EVERYTHING.

Credit goes to my wife for finding our dinner spot.  We found a speakeast named Woo Woo.  The door is locked when you come up.  They ask for a password.  You can find it online.  They lead you into a room and you enter through a secret door.

IMG_8329.thumb.jpeg.bb95c7445486deb8b38a0843c91a2fb4.jpeg

IMG_8326.thumb.jpeg.649b58bbabc30ea9d28a19a874109e50.jpeg

IMG_8330.thumb.jpeg.0f7dd75daf88fc4fd1b695f78e1afbdb.jpeg

Partial menu

IMG_8320.thumb.jpeg.989b6c4741af4b7daa653a83ff1a7e56.jpeg

IMG_8321.thumb.jpeg.4b830cfed41d090328e473bc7fdd3fca.jpeg

The full menu is online.

This is the Truffle Fries.

IMG_8322.thumb.jpeg.ac7bbb77da9bd5ed7930191333a96448.jpeg

This is the grilled Cheese Smash. (Burger?)

IMG_8323.thumb.jpeg.265ca6c142b650d4225105cdb495e9fa.jpeg

This was a fun place but many of my pictures of this place may be considered inappropriate.

IMG_8325.jpeg

• Like 9

Anyone who stayed onboard missed out.  We've walked from Times Square to the port a few times, including taking the Circle Line one time and touring the aircraft carrier Intrepid once.  It's an easy walk.  And, Hell's Kitchen has some good restaurants.  Also Restaurant Row isn't that far.  Our favorite place there was Sangria 46.  It was permanently closed during Covid unfortunately. The one time we cruised from NYC, we took a taxi from the Marriott Marquis but only because we had luggage we didn't feel like dragging over.  

On 9/13/2023 at 11:08 PM, Rogueperson said:

Dinner tonight was at a place called Gallo’s Seafood and Burger Bar. 

IMG_8293.thumb.jpeg.6bef0e9149b2dbd7dfe1958d1394b7f3.jpeg

Here’s the menu from the webpage because i failed to snap a picture at the restaurant. 

IMG_8298.thumb.png.ffe0c2fa814bdb4d20c35be08e76038f.png

And this was my pan seated Salmon.  

IMG_8289.thumb.jpeg.5d1cae6843d961fc029b4f68c9c33a28.jpeg

We made it to the Embassy Suites.  I did not know this was a Hilton.  I’m on the top floor with these views.

IMG_8297.thumb.jpeg.955d6f60e03f8f863ae05d3a96df820d.jpeg

IMG_8296.thumb.jpeg.e542e37c50f3f5d16fa3e4fe18d42d47.jpeg

The room is nice.  Its a suite 😅.

IMG_8294.thumb.jpeg.4abb0ede0e9bb704369af5d3b8ed76f1.jpeg

IMG_8295.thumb.jpeg.9f48ad1430d5d3d49144708fb59d0d74.jpeg

I got this through Trinity Reservations.  For the price i’m paying, which includes room, parking and car service to and from port, its less than parking for 14 days at the port.

But now, I’m tired.  Tomorrow is cruise day!

We have been to Gallos when visiting our Son in Philly.  We love their seafood bisque and crab auGratin.

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have been to Gallos when visiting our Son in Philly.  We love their seafood bisque and crab auGratin.

Our friends/agent picked it.  We were a

little scared of the yelp reviews that said quality was less than it was before the owner change.  I thought the food was fine.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

Good Morning.

I missed breakfast at the MDR this morning.  So breakfast is at the Windjammer.  It wasn’t too bad.  I usually hate the buffet.

As promised, here is my coffee setup.

IMG_8336.thumb.jpeg.4e4bfd25d6197fef181c0630176fc7d6.jpeg

That is some setup 

it doesn’t look like a coffee press 

what is it?