Celebrity's Seasickness Piles

dazey

When needed I go to the desk to request a packet or two of Celebrity's seasickness pills.  Does anyone recall what they are so I can purchase a few before the cruise and not wait in line at the customer relations desk?  I also know they work for me with no side effects.

I just saw the subject I wrote for this question. I wondered where the "piles" jokes came from.  Sorry for the spelling error but maybe it added to my question.

Thanks for all the info everyone.  CC members never fail when info is needed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I have a daughter in her 40's who gets seasick , car and train , etc. . She gets headaches and very spaced out. Finally found they answer!!!

A small herbal tablet that goes under the tongue. Taken the night before the motion and then the day off. For the first time in her life she can ride in the back seat of a car!  . COCCULINE made by Boiron out of Quebec. 

5 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

If the formula works for you, the cheapest can be found at Walmart

image.thumb.png.a50f5f3f22fdc6a07eb8567c8963875c.png

This is NOT the same medication.  This is dimenhydrinate, which is also known as Dramamine - it works well but generally causes more drowsiness.

The other medication is Meclizine, which is also known as Dramamine Less Drowsy formula, and Bonine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I actually get mine at Costco, if you have a membership.  A pack of 100 is something like $3.95.   I realize it's not much difference, but every penny counts!

They keep it by the pharmacy, so you have to ask for it, but it does not require a prescription.  

Edit:  I just realized that this is not the meclizine, which is the ingredient in Bonine and was what I was referring to.   That's what I get at Costco and is helpful for me

Edited by saffy12
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Nachosdelux said:

This is NOT the same medication.  This is dimenhydrinate, which is also known as Dramamine - it works well but generally causes more drowsiness.

The other medication is Meclizine, which is also known as Dramamine Less Drowsy formula, and Bonine.

As stated I did say if this formula works for you; different people may prefer different formulas 

13 hours ago, Baggy178 said:

Seasickness and piles ?

Some people just can't catch a break ! 🤣

LOL-- If ya got seasickness and piles, what the hell kinda break ya lookin for ?

A break in the " action " ???

Ya can't do nothin anyway !!!

On 9/21/2023 at 7:04 AM, dazey said:

When needed I go to the desk to request a packet or two of Celebrity's seasickness pills.  Does anyone recall what they are so I can purchase a few before the cruise and not wait in line at the customer relations desk?  I also know they work for me with no side effects.

I have gotten from guest relations a few times and worked very quickly.  Fortunately Did not need them often. 

On 9/21/2023 at 9:15 AM, NutsAboutGolf said:

I got this one instead of meclizine by mistake so I don’t use it on cruises because it puts me to sleep. It worked great for a cross country drive though. I slept for hours! 😂

7 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Ginger works pretty well too.

It comes raw, in chews/gummies, or in capsules (Dramamine has a version).

Have used the Dramamine  ginger version (non-drowsey) in the past on ocean fishing charters in Alaska. We also bring a box of Gingersnaps with us. Does the trick.