New "crown lounge" rule

colesc15

Looks like what some thought might happen is going to happen, at least for 5-8 daily. Found that on another group. No more diamonds in the lounge from 5-8. Maybe specific to whatever this sailing is, but wouldn't surprise me to go forward. Glad I don't care and never go to the lounge. Screenshot_20231015_102321_Facebook2.jpg.bc9b0b939df817e85df677b889919863.jpg

Edited by colesc15

So diamonds go in at 430 and take a seat, will someone actually go around and kick them out?

Must be something like world cruise or first icon or some big event cruise. I wouldnt care as I just use it in the morning anyway. By 5 pm I have so much food I dont want snacks. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

By 5 pm I have so much food I dont want snacks.

I do, lol. As long as they don't take away my morning cappuccinos, I can live without the snacks until I'm D+.

This seems to be from an Oasis/Quantum class ship since it references Deck 4. Guess I'll find out if Allure has implemented it in 10 days.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I do, lol. As long as they don't take away my morning cappuccinos, I can live without the snacks until I'm D+.

This seems to be from an Oasis class ship since it references Deck 4. Guess I'll find out if Allure has implemented it in 10 days.

It may not happen on the Allure since they still have the nice LARGER DL

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'd like to know what sailing this is for.  Is there something special about this sailing that caused this or is truly an indication that this is the future.

As would I. We are currently on Mariner and there is no such restriction on our welcome letter - for either last week or this week.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

As would I. We are currently on Mariner and there is no such restriction on our welcome letter - for either last week or this week.

I didnt even get a welcome letter on allure. Usually it says welcome and your perks and I wanted to see bogo exceptions listed. I was told they did away with the letter.

No letter lol. Poof. 

19 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Same here, may  save me a few lbs in weight 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I didnt even get a welcome letter on allure. Usually it says welcome and your perks and I wanted to see bogo exceptions listed. I was told they did away with the letter.

No letter lol. Poof. 

For our recent cruises the “perks” were not in the old “letter” form.  Instead they were in a folded “welcome aboard” from the LA with a chart inside.  The generic exclusions were listed on mine (There’s no Hooked Seafood on that ship but it is listed as an exclusion).  The D concierge letter was separate.  Below is from Mariner LA.

image.thumb.jpg.0418eda449f63ff12c932d5824daa6d8.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.7a866ea4e97df071e1d1c3bcca857829.jpg

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 3

Lol I'm already seeing posts how people are never cruising royal again. ... over evening snacks.

Its posted on wonder now too. I'd like to see the whole letter and about which cruises its affecting, how many high level were on. Crazy posts elsewhere. Once they starts snacks same time as my dinner imquit going. Can I gift my snacks to some diamond so they quit being outraged?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'd like to know what sailing this is for.  Is there something special about this sailing that caused this or is truly an indication that this is the future.

Maybe a trial program. They've quietly done this type of thing (like offering MDR lunch on embarkation day on Mariner for a few weeks) here and there.

That said, isn't Quantum on a relocation cruise right now? 

Edited by smokeybandit

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Maybe a trial program. They've quietly done this type of thing (like offering MDR lunch on embarkation day on Mariner for a few weeks) here and there.

That said, isn't Quantum on a relocation cruise right now? 

Yes she is on her way from Hawaii to Brisbane.  

I’ll be on Harmony cruise from Galveston in a few weeks.  If no one reports before then, I’ll update this thread.  

I only used the D lounge for coffee (or a morning almond 🥐 croissant) in the past,  

Edited by ocean sounds
Typo
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ocean sounds said:

I’ll be on Harmony cruise from Galveston in a few weeks.  If no one reports before then, I’ll update this thread.  

I only used the D lounge for coffee (or a morning almond 🥐 croissant) in the past,  

In a few weeks I'll bet we all know. I'm on harmony too b2b2b. I'll wave. 

I use the lounge for the morning cream filled donut. They dont have them elsewhere. Then I go to wj for my fresh oj. 

I see tree skier replied .. also on a leg of harmony .. dave are you feeaking out? Sorry to tease lol. 

• Thanks 1

I mentioned exactly this on the previous thread. I said i dont mind the exclusion between 5 - 8 , as long

as i have access to the expresso machine all the other times of the day.

I never went in there during those times anyway.

• Like 4